Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Liberty Navy [LN]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-02-2013, 04:45 AM).Flash. Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mind RPing before engaging? Especially in caps. Please

Saying:
" oh wow, a carrier "
" andd look, safe haven for all "
" *sigh* "
" Screw it "

PEW PEW PEW

When did that ever become a RP engagement? In my eyes, thats a lame excuse to get a bluemsg.

Who was it that silently engaged you? I will speak to them. We have a lot of new-to-disco people who come into the [LN] you know? Not everyone knows everything, but we try to work on that.

A name would be good, thanks.

(08-02-2013, 07:45 AM)Thexare Wrote: [ -> ]I saw an [LN]-Noob-1337 in the chat list earlier.

1. Is this one of yours?

2. If yes, why is this one of yours?

This is not one of ours, and I'll look into finding out who that person was.

(08-02-2013, 06:54 PM).Flash. Wrote: [ -> ]mmmmmm, allying with Xenos......

Even indies don't ally with Xenos to shoot Mercs.....just wow. I don't hate any of you, but seroiusly, this is the second time I see [LN] doing something ridiculous....

First was noRP engagement. Now allying with Xenos to shoot Mercs?

Having the same enemy, and fighting against the same enemy, does not constitute an alliance.

Just look at all the times the Rogues have "allied" with Rheinland battlegroups (be it BDM|, MND| or standard RNC- raiding parties.)
I usually see Rogues shoot Rheinlanders but ok. Xenos are bountied on Liberty Board, LR Board, and some more. The Mercs, which are unlawful mercs, can claim the Xeno. Same for Mercs on lawful side. But apprently, everyone just allied who were friends and said f it we will just gank the unlawfuls. Also, it was the same Cruiser from last time.

And Im sure you don't let new-players-to-disco fly cruisers, like the Bret dessie. After our Scylla died, the Bret Dessie jumped and swicthed to fighter. He still didn't shoot the Xeno after.....

Imo, it was just a friends on forums lets help each other thing, rather then trying to stay inRP.

Names were:
[LN]-LNS-Exter
[LN]-Jacob.Beaumont

Exter was for the no RP and this Xeno thing. I assume he is Jacob because I was in PM to Exter. but when Exter left, Jacob was on my PM.
(08-02-2013, 07:06 PM).Flash. Wrote: [ -> ]I usually see Rogues shoot Rheinlanders but ok. Xenos are bountied on Liberty Board, LR Board, and some more. The Mercs, which are unlawful mercs, can claim the Xeno. Same for Mercs on lawful side. But apprently, everyone just allied who were friends and said f it we will just gank the unlawfuls. Also, it was the same Cruiser from last time.

And Im sure you don't let new-players-to-disco fly cruisers, like the Bret dessie. After our Scylla died, the Bret Dessie jumped and swicthed to fighter. He still didn't shoot the Xeno after.....

Imo, it was just a friends on forums lets help each other thing, rather then trying to stay inRP.

Names were:
[LN]-LNS-Exter
[LN]-Jacob.Beaumont

Exter was for the no RP and this Xeno thing. I assume he is Jacob because I was in PM to Exter. but when Exter left, Jacob was on my PM.

"Friends on the forums" "Everyone allied who were friends"

I love hearing this accusation and seeing it get tossed around, because it's usually pretty baseless, especially in terms of the [LN], we tend not to do that sort of thing, you know, believe it or not, we actually enjoy being a good official faction.

Anyway whatever, this thread isn't for that, it's for faction feedback.

If you think there was an issue with the player on the Exeter, I will speak to him, but I'm willing to bet he did give some form of RP before jumping into the fight.

Nonetheless, I will speak with him and get to the bottom of things.
-Snip-
Seems I missed this page of the thread >.>
(08-02-2013, 06:54 PM).Flash. Wrote: [ -> ]mmmmmm, allying with Xenos......

Even indies don't ally with Xenos to shoot Mercs.....just wow. I don't hate any of you, but seroiusly, this is the second time I see [LN] doing something ridiculous....

First was noRP engagement. Now allying with Xenos to shoot Mercs?

you got blown up and you're mad

it stands in the same kind of things as a rm invasion. Liberty factions will generally stick together untill the outsider is defeated and there's a 99% chance they'll destroy each other once the outside threat has been terminated. Mercs are the same as a rm invasion, if you're a known unlawful merc or seem hostile you will die. Nobody trust mercs.

You're crying about something you already know, so what's the point of your post?
[LN] is known for claiming to be a "fair" faction. I'm not getting deeper on it as I'm not involved on this incident, and I'm not being sarcastic either, dunno and don't care whether you're or not.

But rejecting someone's feedback because he's upset doesn't look like something you'd do considering your reputation.

If you actually allied with the xenos (Eg trading bots, grouping up. I'm giving that Flash knows that) then you did do something you should have not. If this is not the case, then the only weight behind his complains is moral.

Regarding my own interactions with [LN], overall lately, I'd say you're doing a tad better, both when chatting with pirates (Eg West Point) and when chasing them (Eg Penn's silver storage siege).
I don't have any grievances here, in fact I'm happy to not be shot at constantly (I've been butchering people who've attacked my squid the last two days)

But..

When a nomad shoots off a quarter of your hull to get your attention, and your response is 'I'm only here to watch Junkers'

I..

What?

What happened to Nomads being, y'know, threats?
Heya, can you tell me who did that?

You know I'll take care of it. (At least I hope you know me well enough to know that XD)

EDIT: Found out who it was, spoke to them, they won't do something like it again. They were having real life issues at the time and couldn't think of another reply to your actions.
Oh no worries, I was just..

Greatly confused.

No hard feelings, I just wanted some RP, hue.
Character name N/A

Situation, policy or incident you are providing feedback on:

About an hour ago [LN]-Sarah.Lewinsky(Guardian/Avenger), the LNS-Illustrious, and Sonya.Cox (an indie bomber) entered Rheinland. They went from Hamburg, to Berlin, and sat in front of the capital planet for a few minutes before the dreadnaught rammed into New Berlin, killing itself. After this, the snubs visited Dresden, then Stuttgart, and finally Omega 11 before leaving Rheinland space into Omega 41 and then Omicron Gamma. As of the writing of this post, they are now in Omicron Kappa. They used trade lanes to do this and did not try to hide or act stealthy. We monitored them via the gate/lane network.

Screenshots or other related materials: N/A

What you believe should be done about the situation:

I do not yet have any idea about what should be done about this, but I wonder if this was a planned trip or something a new [LN] player did without knowing any better.