Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: More House Wars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(09-17-2017, 03:48 PM)Sici Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2017, 03:47 PM)Wesker Wrote: [ -> ]All attempts to do stuff involving kusari that doesnt benefit them ends with whining and a retcon.

This. Faction leaders and story devs killed/killing all activity within and around Kusari.

Eh what? All critical RP requires the approval of both sides. In terms of storyline changing events you also need the approval of the story devs. You can't powergame your way through. It always used to be like that. Otherwise the current situation would be even worse.
(09-17-2017, 04:17 PM)SkyNet Wrote: [ -> ]Eh what? All critical RP requires the approval of both sides. In terms of storyline changing events you also need the approval of the story devs. You can't powergame your way through. It always used to be like that. Otherwise the current situation would be even worse.

I'd ask why corsair and rm assets have been shoved in my face without my approval Kusari acted in military force against GRN and expected no reprecussions then. It wasn't insinuated by GRN, it was insinuated by the people with togukawas shooting GRN lynxes.
Can we stop discussing stuff that was resolved and very thoroughly discussed about?
Neither side was without fault.
(09-17-2017, 03:43 PM)Stolt. Wrote: [ -> ]
Honestly they could just reconnect Alaska to the Omicrons so that Liberty Navy and the Order could fight each other again. Sure both sides had a ton of lolcaps shooting each other but it led to some pretty interesting interactions in Alaska. Alaska is pretty empty nowadays.

This.
Not just that idea to separate NY,Alaska and Order was utterly anti-lore but it was super moronic.
After that "wisdom" activity in Omicrons was never the same as before.

Anyway it would take more then just one change to fix things.This is just one of those.
Taking into account the success of Gallia, I suggest adding 4 new houses to combat the old ones..... But really cut Gallia. Less systems = more interactions.
(09-17-2017, 04:28 PM)DannyD Wrote: [ -> ]Taking into account the success of Gallia, I suggest adding 4 new houses to combat the old ones..... But really cut Gallia. Less systems = more interactions.

Nope. Less systems, less people logging.

The worst thing devs can do is taking away content from the game. This includes systems. You can cut away Gallia - it wouldn't make a difference, because there are only so many people anyway. The only thing that needs to be reviewed are all the current jump hole connections and lane placements. The ways are always the same, because someone thought it would be legit to cut connections to FORCE people to use certain connections. This is dumb and backfires in terms of people not even logging anymore because why would you enter certain systems you know you will have to cross certain individuals. Variety in jump hole connections is better, because people are not forced to go with the meta. For example, they tried to make Omicron Gamma a bottleneck. Look at the current connections. Many systems lead there, but the jump hole placement in Gamma is so bad, you find yourself in the big green nebula most of the time. That's boring as hell.
(09-17-2017, 04:28 PM)DannyD Wrote: [ -> ]Taking into account the success of Gallia, I suggest adding 4 new houses to combat the old ones..... But really cut Gallia. Less systems = more interactions.

Basically what Sombra said. Devs should add content, not take it away. We all know what happens when they take stuff away when we look at the introduction of auxiliary slots, and that is one huge mistake.
(09-17-2017, 04:38 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]Nope. Less systems, less people logging.

The worst thing devs can do is taking away content from the game. This includes systems. You can cut away Gallia - it wouldn't make a difference, because there are only so many people anyway. The only thing that needs to be reviewed are all the current jump hole connections and lane placements. The ways are always the same, because someone thought it would be legit to cut connections to FORCE people to use certain connections. This is dumb and backfires in terms of people not even logging anymore because why would you enter certain systems you know you will have to cross certain individuals. Variety in jump hole connections is better, because people are not forced to go with the meta. For example, they tried to make Omicron Gamma a bottleneck. Look at the current connections. Many systems lead there, but the jump hole placement in Gamma is so bad, you find yourself in the big green nebula most of the time. That's boring as hell.

I'm with Sombra on that, you can't just make something as big and distinct as Gallia disappear in a poof of smoke. Phantoms yes. IND yes. Gallia no. There has to be an RP solution to that. Which is why I suggest half of Sirius going full krieg on Gallia, since if the Gauls are confident they can rile two Houses and get away with it, it'll probably take three to actually start pushing them back.

Come to think of it, Bretonia and Kusari working together could be very interesting in terms of healing the divide between the nation. If Bretonia got Leeds and Edinburgh back due in part to the sacrifices Kusari makes, they might come to an understanding over the Taus.
We didn't "kill" Disco, it's this attitude that's doing the most damage. Rather than looking for a solution, players look for someone to blame.

There is literally nothing stopping any of you from going ingame to make your own story, with your own character. That is what used to make Disco such a great place, the average joe's working for a better life, the greedy pirates trying to scrape a living and the law trying to keep the peace between them. Conflicts arose naturally from that mixture and used the backdrop the story devs laid out to set the scene.

Now you're asking for excuses to shoot each other without a thought of character or reason. "Give us a war!" you cry, and what would that do exactly? People would still be sat with their hands in their pockets waiting for a fight to start much as they currently do and in a months time we'd be right back to square one. It happen with the Kusari/Bret war, the Rhein/Lib war and now it's happening to the Gallic invasion.

And here's an exercise for those who want Disco to be entirely player driven:
Gather a person for every single faction, both active and not, put them into a chat and try to get all of them to agree on one thing. Once you've done that, try to arrange it so that every faction gets a little something and get everyone to agree on that.
Maybe afterwards you'll get an idea what it is like to actually be a story dev.
I would not say "cut Gallia" meening taking off from Disco, but surely we have more systems (all around. not just Gallia)than needed for our -110 players.... most of the time (90% of time, i dare to say) theres less than 1 player by system, just numbers wise... i bet theres systems that dont have 1 hour of activity per week.

Maybe reducing that number a lil could be nice. Also, resizing of some systems.... if you need cross gallic sytem off the lanes meeeeeeeeh not just those, theres others too. so, i would suggest merge some systems, cutting down some redundant/irrelevant ones (why theres that one there? Oh it have this mine field w one pob and a wreck, nothing more, and leads nowhere, cant that base and field be put where jh to that system is and ok?)

Uddo, is just a suggestion.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9