Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: More House Wars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(09-17-2017, 07:03 PM)Shaggy Wrote: [ -> ]Now moving down to Bretonia, they have only a few pirate factions the Gaian Guards and the Mollys. It is very rare to see these factions around, even though the roleplay back them and the lore is rather interesting, the only interaction you see from the Molly's is normally in Dublin. Why not bring some form of turf war into bretonia so Mollys can fight Gaians while targetting supply lines and maybe assisting Gallia in Leeds.

The Gaian Guard and the Mollys have a No Agression Pact. We don't shoot or bother each other. No reason to, either. The Mollys only care about Dublin. Dublin has nothing to do with our goals, at least not in a way to make us fight the Mollys. The gaians are also not "pirates" that would fight over "turf", that is just silly. Despite our pirate-like interactions ingame, we are terrorists. Not rogues fighting over a piece of space.

Only reason I could see for hostilities would be due to the Gaian-Sair alliance, but since that isn't something people are unaware of and the Mollys haven't troubled us with it, why would they start now?

edit: Gaians are also hostile to GRN, so we wouldn't assist their supplie lines, like you mentioned.
(09-17-2017, 07:00 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2017, 06:30 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]Kusari/Liberty - Rejected by story team. Probably would've worked a few years ago, horrible idea now.

What's the exact reason behind rejection?

Its been a long time, and I'd rather somebody still on the story team answer that one. I could list off a whole slew of reasons by I think it would be a bad idea now, but I can't even remember which way I voted on that one at the time.
(09-17-2017, 06:58 PM)Foxglove Wrote: [ -> ]So basically you're saying that, if fewer people play at any given time, you need to scale it down? Boy, it's as if Skyrim, STO or any other game that is singleplayer or multiplayer with declining playerbases are doing everything wrong. The trick is taking content away, not adding it. How could I ever be so stupid as to not see that.

Discovery is having about 0 PvE content (even NPCs are nerfed). All of it can be summed up to missions and trading. Are you seriously comparing this experinece to Skyrim right now?
It is about the concept of taking stuff away. To counter declining player bases, other games do more, not less, to attract people and convince veterans to play again. That is all.
(09-17-2017, 07:08 PM)Shalo Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2017, 07:03 PM)Shaggy Wrote: [ -> ]Now moving down to Bretonia, they have only a few pirate factions the Gaian Guards and the Mollys. It is very rare to see these factions around, even though the roleplay back them and the lore is rather interesting, the only interaction you see from the Molly's is normally in Dublin. Why not bring some form of turf war into bretonia so Mollys can fight Gaians while targetting supply lines and maybe assisting Gallia in Leeds.

The Gaian Guard and the Mollys have a No Agression Pact. We don't shoot or bother each other. No reason to, either. The Mollys only care about Dublin. Dublin has nothing to do with our goals, at least not in a way to make us fight the Mollys. The gaians are also not "pirates" that would fight over "turf", that is just silly. Despite our pirate-like interactions ingame, we are terrorists. Not rogues fighting over a piece of space.

Only reason I could see for hostilities would be due to the Gaian-Sair alliance, but since that isn't something people are unaware of and the Mollys haven't troubled us with it, why would they start now?

edit: Gaians are also hostile to GRN, so we wouldn't assist their supplie lines, like you mentioned.

This makes sense with what you have said Shalo, i'm just trying to say in the different houses there are many different pirate/terrorist groups that only log for RP with allies or to pirate, so why not bring both of those things together, RP with allies, piracy and wars between the Mollys and there enemy the Corsairs. Why not start a war of some sort between the different groups inside these different houses instead of making them work together?

Just like LH , LR and OC work together, why not make it so they are fighting each other ontop of the real enemy of the lawfuls

And now stop and think for a second, which kind of player can be attracted by Omega-9? And now think how many potential interactions it kills with useless and boring cruising.
(09-17-2017, 07:11 PM)Foxglove Wrote: [ -> ]It is about the concept of taking stuff away. To counter declining player bases, other games do more, not less, to attract people and convince veterans to play again. That is all.

In the event of the dev team actually getting off their arses and pruning systems aggressively, I would expect that assets from the deleted systems would be at least partially folded into the remaining ones. I am not advocating that we simply start throwing darts at the nav map and deleting anything that gets hit.

I think you are entirely mistaken if you think anyone wants to play a game where upwards of 50% of your time (and I am being generous here) can be and often is spent just flying around looking for something or anything to actually do.
Here's my 2 cent, initiate the saigon planet war -kusari vs rheinland vs gmg vs outcast vs hogosha vs fa vs unioners vs bundusuch vs corsairs vs order vs outcasts
First of all, 6 pages in 3 hours, nice.

Thunderer Wrote:http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=152300

The GRN needs California ZOI, which is actually the admins' decision, not the devs'. Rheinland and Kusari need to move somewhere.

Cali needs to get invaded indeed.

(09-17-2017, 04:40 PM)Foxglove Wrote: [ -> ]Basically what Sombra said. Devs should add content, not take it away.

Also this.

Rightful Sombra Wrote:What Discovery needs is Discovery. That's something you take away by removing systems and bottlenecking.

As a sidenote, making an event, like old Cali pewpew, would be cool if it lasted for more than a weak. Why? People may have problems logging at some time, but they might be able to do so later. Make those awasum pewpew events last for more than week/two weeks. Make them last for a month or so. I'd actually want to have some Council - GRN action, maybe in core Gallic space?

Mewmew, also more Nomicron activity. Get those jellies fat and moving. U know, activity, it's good for health :v

O also, don't do trading and combat events at the same time. You can't get both traders and capitals logged at the same time.
(09-17-2017, 07:14 PM)Sici Wrote: [ -> ]
And now stop and think for a second, which kind of player can be attracted by Omega-9? And now think how many potential interactions it kills with useless and boring cruising.

(09-17-2017, 07:15 PM)Omicega Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2017, 07:11 PM)Foxglove Wrote: [ -> ]It is about the concept of taking stuff away. To counter declining player bases, other games do more, not less, to attract people and convince veterans to play again. That is all.

In the event of the dev team actually getting off their arses and pruning systems aggressively, I would expect that assets from the deleted systems would be at least partially folded into the remaining ones. I am not advocating that we simply start throwing darts at the nav map and deleting anything that gets hit.

I think you are entirely mistaken if you think anyone wants to play a game where upwards of 50% of your time (and I am being generous here) can be and often is spent just flying around looking for something or anything to actually do.

That is not what you said, though. From what you did say, it sounded like the darts, so you could reach activity quicker. My point is merely that you should try to make Omega 9 interesting before you consider deleting it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9