Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: More House Wars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(09-17-2017, 03:39 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe the event flood should stop, as otherwise people will only log for events that bait with Sci-Data, NEMP Ammo and bounty. Logging should be rewarded, not reward-based logging.

+1. I agree events promote activity but souldn't be the only motivation to log. Lets move the story forward. Get GRN california zoi and lets have some war in kusari. Lets get this party started
Kusari and Rheinland war would be very interesting capital ship wise i have to say wink wink nudge nudge story whats that

also GRN to avoid pewing council sometimes flies to pew in magellen
GRN seems to be ganked alot (in terms of factions against them), kusari trades with gallia, kusari allowed to help gallia vs liberty and bretonia maybe?
im basically proposing a world war sirius at the moment

not to mention maybe more trading will be done to afford more gear for more ships in each of these factions and more trading means more piracy?
piracy is criminal activity,
Turf wars might one day occur again for popular pirating areas
Actually when BAF vs kusari and lib vs rheinland was a thing activity was very high no?
(09-17-2017, 05:02 PM)hubjump Wrote: [ -> ]Actually when BAF vs kusari and lib vs rheinland was a thing activity was very high no?

The overall active playercount was much higher back then too though, don't forget this. Over the past few years quite a lot people stopped playing due several reasons.
Yes yes i should of made it clearer what i was getting at my bad great point
(09-17-2017, 05:03 PM)NieRdackel Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2017, 05:02 PM)hubjump Wrote: [ -> ]Actually when BAF vs kusari and lib vs rheinland was a thing activity was very high no?

The overall active playercount was much higher back then too though, don't forget this. Over the past few years quite a lot people stopped playing due several reasons.

Several very specific reasons.
(09-17-2017, 04:49 PM)Felipe Wrote: [ -> ]I would not say "cut Gallia" meening taking off from Disco, but surely we have more systems (all around. not just Gallia)than needed for our -110 players.... most of the time (90% of time, i dare to say) theres less than 1 player by system, just numbers wise... i bet theres systems that dont have 1 hour of activity per week.

Maybe reducing that number a lil could be nice. Also, resizing of some systems.... if you need cross gallic sytem off the lanes meeeeeeeeh not just those, theres others too. so, i would suggest merge some systems, cutting down some redundant/irrelevant ones (why theres that one there? Oh it have this mine field w one pob and a wreck, nothing more, and leads nowhere, cant that base and field be put where jh to that system is and ok?)

Uddo, is just a suggestion.

The amount of systems doesn't matter a single bit, because people don't fly around blindly. Trying to force players to encounters will just make them think twice about logging. It's the same with people begging for the removal of cloaks. The only argument for that is that buttcloakers are meh, which can easily prevented by making cloaks using weapon energy just as shield energy. There are no people avoiding interactions by using cloaks. There are dozens of people avoiding interactions by sun/planetdiving or counterlogging only. People are entitled to decide for themselves what they want. I don't care a single bit about a single lolwut trader somewhere in Gallia - that one wouldn't give me any interesting interaction anyway. When people want interaction, they log and use the player list and go for the clusters. When people don't want interaction but exploration or just grinding for money for their next CAU8, they don't want to be forced to interaction. Force them and they just won't log anyway.

What Discovery needs is Discovery. That's something you take away by removing systems and bottlenecking. What absolutely needs to be done are revisions of systems and clear cuts between systems that are meant for interactions, for passage or for exploration. The current system map layout and most systems could use rework regarding that.
Problem isnt in lack of Wars, we have them already, but in any case we can test that solution :
Make event that will last one week, all houses against all houses, and include kill bonus. For RP reason we can have nomads test paranoid virus or something. Players will raid any neibhour system since all in war against each other, we will see if activity will improve, and after event there will be no RP consequences.
But, like i say, thats not problem of game.
Real reason is players dont want to log anymore in higly unbalanced game where aiming is all that maters, Shield running and Boxing is only Tactics, guns are only weapon worth mentioning , snub is only class that wont get ganked in game that is advertized with capitals as best ships (big title screens are full of capitals, not snubs), which is faaar from truth. Things dint change in improving of that not by a bit, but worsens. Players see that and they dont want to play, they only stay here becouse of RP aspect, but thats is not enough to hold them for long.
I dont know and dont care who decide to pursue this path (developers or administrators), but they cant just stuck head in sand and say dont blame as it was this or that to blame. When thing go down drain it alwais those on top who are at fault, becouse they decide all this, not players, so dont look scapegoats.
But, all is fine, please remain as you are now, dont change a thing and pretend all is well. It is time to let game die, right? Afterall, you will get achivment discokiller, how cool!
(09-17-2017, 05:17 PM)sasapinjic Wrote: [ -> ]Problem isnt in lack of Wars, we have them already, but in any case we can test that solution :
Make event that will last one week, all houses against all houses, and include kill bonus. For RP reason we can have nomads test paranoid virus or something. Players will raid any neibhour system since all in war against each other, we will see if activity will improve, and after event there will be no RP consequences.
But, like i say, thats not problem of game.
Real reason is players dont want to log anymore in higly unbalanced game where aiming is all that maters, Shield running and Boxing is only Tactics, guns are only weapon worth mentioning , snub is only class that wont get ganked in game that is advertized with capitals as best ships (big title screens are full of capitals, not snubs), which is faaar from truth. Things dint change in improving of that not by a bit, but worsens. Players see that and they dont want to play, they only stay here becouse of RP aspect, but thats is not enough to hold them for long.
I dont know and dont care who decide to pursue this path (developers or administrators), but they cant just stuck head in sand and say dont blame as it was this or that to blame. When thing go down drain it alwais those on top who are at fault, becouse they decide all this, not players, so dont look scapegoats.
But, all is fine, please remain as you are now, dont change a thing and pretend all is well. It is time to let game die, right? Afterall, you will get achivment discokiller, how cool!

No! it's much more complicated than that.
(09-17-2017, 04:38 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2017, 04:28 PM)DannyD Wrote: [ -> ]Taking into account the success of Gallia, I suggest adding 4 new houses to combat the old ones..... But really cut Gallia. Less systems = more interactions.

Nope. Less systems, less people logging.

The worst thing devs can do is taking away content from the game. This includes systems. You can cut away Gallia - it wouldn't make a difference, because there are only so many people anyway. The only thing that needs to be reviewed are all the current jump hole connections and lane placements. The ways are always the same, because someone thought it would be legit to cut connections to FORCE people to use certain connections. This is dumb and backfires in terms of people not even logging anymore because why would you enter certain systems you know you will have to cross certain individuals. Variety in jump hole connections is better, because people are not forced to go with the meta. For example, they tried to make Omicron Gamma a bottleneck. Look at the current connections. Many systems lead there, but the jump hole placement in Gamma is so bad, you find yourself in the big green nebula most of the time. That's boring as hell.

And end up like Crossfire with 200 systems and 0 players. I get it, you like to fly offplane, cloaked, complain about "shadowloggers", visit empty systems for the sake of visiting them, trade with a cloaking whale and whatnot to avoid player interaction while asking questions such as "what if I don't want to interact with others on my miner?". But guess what, not only is that approach shockingly bad for player interaction it's also what's making Discovery so "empty".

Empty activity like that where you try your best to avoid player interaction is as good as not logging into the game. Flying through one of the redundant Omegas no one ever visits or chilling offplane while making youtube videos about how Freelancer looks nice won't help anyone but yourself. Might as well play singleplayer at that point. Removing redundant systems such as Omega-9, Poole, Cayman, Tottori, Cassini, Bremen, etc. is something we desperately need for years now, and it doesn't do any harm while directly promoting player interaction unless you get hunted down by mighty shadowloggers!!!11. Add pre-arranged roleplay and pre-arranged PvP (new in stores, check it out!) with a certain clique of friends and you have a disaster for player interaction.

As for adding house wars, both Kusari attacking Liberty as Gallia's puppet and Rheinland conflicting with GMG/Corsairs are still a possibility, although I'm sure I heard story devs saying no to the first one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9