Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: More House Wars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(09-17-2017, 06:30 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]Possible house wars, listing only the ones that make an iota of sense:

Kusari/Gallia - Rejected by story team on the basis that Gallia has literally no other friends that matter.

Does Gallia need any friends though to justify having more than one major entity attacking it? I thought in-lore that Gallia was supposed to be militarily one of the strongest forces in Sirius. If it will take more than one House to take on Gallia, then why not?
What good would it do? There is no reason to cut away systems nobody visits actively. Taking away the Discovery from Discovery is literally forcing players to systems where people can just log, PVP, then sundive and log off. When people want interaction, they go to clusters. It is their deicion what to do in a sandbox. Discovery is more than just PvP. Make systems smaller and traders will have it even easier to combat dock away.
(09-17-2017, 06:30 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]Rheinland/Kusari- Rejected by the whiny, isolationist echo chamber that is KuGov and Skynet because MUH TECHSHARING despite being painstakingly set up by the story team over the course of a year.

I rejected your emergency solution because it makes zero sense to attack its one and only ally. And i'm probably not the only person here who disliked this possible war. Just imagine Liberty would suddenly attack Bretonia. Why should they even? It's simply nonsense. Unless the government is getting infiltrated by nomads.
(09-17-2017, 06:41 PM)Rickard Steiner Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2017, 06:30 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]Possible house wars, listing only the ones that make an iota of sense:

Kusari/Gallia - Rejected by story team on the basis that Gallia has literally no other friends that matter.

Does Gallia need any friends though to justify having more than one major entity attacking it? I thought in-lore that Gallia was supposed to be militarily one of the strongest forces in Sirius. If it will take more than one House to take on Gallia, then why not?

In RP, no, they don't.
OORP Gallia is dead and nobody wants to log to fight 50 people. We didn't want to encourage that.
(09-17-2017, 03:22 PM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=152300

The GRN needs California ZOI, which is actually the admins' decision, not the devs'. Rheinland and Kusari need to move somewhere.

Let's let Rheinland help the allies and Kusari the Gauls and make the RH-KU krieg the main conflict (I mean that Kusari doesn't attack Liberty or Bretonia and Rheinland doesn't attack Gallia directly)
(09-17-2017, 06:33 PM)Tabris Wrote: [ -> ]Taking out those systems will frankly do nothing to resolve the activity issues

(09-17-2017, 04:38 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]Nope. Less systems, less people logging.

(09-17-2017, 04:40 PM)Foxglove Wrote: [ -> ]Basically what Sombra said. Devs should add content, not take it away.

(09-17-2017, 05:06 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]The amount of systems doesn't matter a single bit, because people don't fly around blindly.

(09-17-2017, 06:42 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]What good would it do? There is no reason to cut away systems nobody visits actively

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. Oh my God, it's like you people are intent on driving the knife into the heart of the game you claim to love so much.

There is such a thing as player density. Put it like this - how 'big' is Discovery compared to its number of players? How long does it take to cross the game world - hell, how long does it take to go from one House capital to another? Maybe ten minutes to go from Manhattan to New London - maybe half an hour or more to go from something like Picardy to Munich? That is massive for a game with no method of fast travel, and when there are maybe only one or two (at best!) places worth going the travel time is excruciating.

Discovery in its current state is a game sized for maybe 200-300 players which pulls in maybe 40 or so. Take a look at Colonial Marines, Sombra, which I know you're familiar with at this point - how do you think their 'player density' compares to ours? It takes maybe two minutes to travel the length and breadth of the Almayer, and maybe five or so (at a stretch) to cross any one of the ground based maps. They pack 150+ players into a playing space roughly the size of one Discovery system - maybe two or three if you're feeling generous. Increasing player density is how you stimulate interaction and actual gameplay, not encouraging the dwindling server population to "discover" the next endless hundreds of kilometers of empty space.
So basically you're saying that, if fewer people play at any given time, you need to scale it down? Boy, it's as if Skyrim, STO or any other game that is singleplayer or multiplayer with declining playerbases are doing everything wrong. The trick is taking content away, not adding it. How could I ever be so stupid as to not see that.
(09-17-2017, 06:30 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]Kusari/Liberty - Rejected by story team. Probably would've worked a few years ago, horrible idea now.

What's the exact reason behind rejection?
From reading the last 7 pages, and I agree with a large amount of what has been said.

Gallia currently is a dead beat, the house itself, the systems are great to explore, or to trade in because there are minimal pirates there or even within the Tau's and Leeds. So profit in Gallia is easy to come by, making roughly the same as any other house corperation just without the interactions. Inside Gallia there are several pirate factions, ones that are like Mafia, you have Council, there is so much potential there to bring activity to the highs. Like I said exploring Gallia is good fun for people if they are into that sort of thing.

Moving from Gallia though to Bretonia vs Gallia, yes the war has been going on for maybe too long, it is time for Gallia to stop pushing forward but start being pushed back, over recent months CR and Council reclaimed Tau 44, that's a start. So why should Council and CR not get in touch with the Kusari Gov or who ever to help push through the Tau's making Gallia split into two, the actual house itself and then some form of "Exiles" making another faction out of the whole loop. It brings a large amount of activity in Kusari, Gallia, Tau's as well as Bretonia and Liberty are still fighting Gallia.

So all in all Gallia is fighting not only in Leeds and Magellan, but also in the Tau's. It makes good sense as such. It gives IMG and OC's things to do also as well as all those many trade coorperations and in house pirates things to do also.

Now moving down to Bretonia, they have only a few pirate factions the Gaian Guards and the Mollys. It is very rare to see these factions around, even though the roleplay back them and the lore is rather interesting, the only interaction you see from the Molly's is normally in Dublin. Why not bring some form of turf war into bretonia so Mollys can fight Gaians while targetting supply lines and maybe assisting Gallia in Leeds.

You then have the Corsairs who where fighting for Cambridge or the lower part of Cambridge, if i'm not mistaken there was roleplay done a year ago or two about this, including events but nothing really happened with this. There have been alot of fights in Omega 3 with BAF vs RHA vs Corsairs. So why not waken this up again. Not only that but moving over to Rheinland.

Everyone claims Rheinland is a dead beat house, is a house with no activity, is a house that no one wants to log for because of this reason or that, let's just say this Kruger| and DHC| are constantly active, making mining operations, aiding other traders with orders, there are always Rheinland lawful corps around just no RFP or RM and rarely a BDM around that wants to do some RP unless it is to do with pvp.

But then you have the Unioners (Recently became Official) as well as Red Hessian Army (Official) but they don't fight each other? They rarely interact with each other, Unioners mostly go into Bering or Texas to fight a completely different house because that is where the activity is normally, while they have allies there. While down in Rheinland RHA only log for events, organized pews between faction leaders, or to kill a PoB (Sorry wesker it's the truth). We recently have also had DWR| come to life to replace VWA|, which they are bringing alot of snubs to fights, there was a large one in New Berlin during the Alster Shipyard event. So why not have some Criminal Warefare in Rheinland?

We all are aware Rheinland surrended to Liberty and are currently rebuilding alot of ships (Kudos to DHC- and Kruger|), so with the criminal warefare it will promote criminal factions to log to shoot each other for turf, or power, or something which gives RFP or even RM a reason to log in and deal with all pirates. So it's a three way fight. During these fights it gives ALG, Kruger, DHC, Republican and all the other coorps to get on and knuckle down to complete the repairs on the RM fleets, or stations.

While that happens you then have the Gas Miner Guild in the sigma's, they are not that active anymore, and with the Uncharted-II event in Sigma-13 and the feedback that was recieved there, the GMG feel like they are in need of some sort of extra fire power, that being a cruiser. So why not allow Gas Miner Guild to fly the Donau from the RM. After all there was a large war in the Sigma's with alot of wrecks around. Then they are able to fight the Outcasts and Corsairs in the Sigma's. Not only that but could fight the Core if that is the road they wish to take.

Then with the Omicrons and Omegas, you have SCRA, Core, Order, Corsairs and Outcasts and let's not forget the Nomads. There are alot of factions just within the Omicrons and Omegas. Why not make the Corsairs vs Outcast war something people want to log for, the only time they fight each other is for the events with rewards such as Sci-data, Nemp Bombs and ammo or even other cool goodies. Then you have the Core vs Order, they rarely log to fight each other anymore even though they have 1 system between Omicron Mu and Omicron Rho. That fight/war needs to be kicked up the arse and pushed forward. Then you have Freeport 11, that's just a different story completely, one moment the Core are attacking Zoners the next it is just dead quiet, and nothing is happening?

The Nomads are in need of jumpgates that lead to every house. Kusari, Liberty, Bretonia, Rheinland instead of just the Omicrons or Penny. Why because fighting Nomads can be fun and the only time people can fight nomads are with the Omicron factions unless the admins put on a little NPC event in a random system which is just NPC's because the NPC's are hostile to fellow Nomad or Wild players and it's annoying as hell.

But I think that Criminal Warefare between in house pirates should be a thing, this should and would make the Local Authority to log to calm the situation by any means, while it allows the coorperations to still log to mine and trade but have to be super careful of the criminal warefare.

This is my two cents.
(09-17-2017, 06:58 PM)Foxglove Wrote: [ -> ]Boy, it's as if Skyrim, STO or any other game that is singleplayer or multiplayer

Boy, it's as if Skyrim is a singleplayer game and therefore entirely fucking incomparable to Discovery (seriously, what is your point here? Are you being deliberately facetious?), and STO is a game with significantly more PvE content than anything we offer here - you know, like most MMORPGs.

Literally the only reason to log into Discovery is for interaction with other players, be it roleplay or PvP. I have no idea why anyone would bother coming onto the multiplayer server just to play open singleplayer with some lag attached.

Please don't bother replying to me again unless you're done trying to equate apples to oranges.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9