Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Either more or no unlawfuls should have access to 5000 cargo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
ALL UNLAWFULS SHOULD GET ACCESS TO 5000 cargo.
Official unlawfuls should be allowed a certain amount of 5K transports.
As it is for the unofficial unlawfuls... smuggling 5K of Cardi would be quite strange in my opinion.
Overall, yes unlawfuls should have access to 5Kers.
Personally, I think that only house eco factions should have access to 5kers, lawful or not if you aren't a mega-corp 5kers should be off limits. Unlawful smuggling should be balanced by increasing the profit per item to account for the risk, rather than making smuggling effectively the same as trading.
To be honest I don't see what unlawful factions need big transports for outside of powertrading while grinding faction activity. And I always thought powertrading was a gimmick for economy factions to draw players in as there is absolutely nothing else gameplay-wise to do as a corporate trader but.... trade.
It should be noted that from an economy balance perspective this would make next to no difference. Unlawful IDs will always be vastly inferior to lawfuls for trading, whether they have 5ks or not. So one needn't worry that corp IDs would become obsolete or anything.
(09-23-2018, 02:27 PM)Backo Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest I don't see what unlawful factions need big transports for outside of powertrading while grinding faction activity. And I always thought powertrading was a gimmick for economy factions to draw players in as there is absolutely nothing else gameplay-wise to do as a corporate trader but.... trade.

Been monitoring this until could comment in a sane post.

Backo is right, the only attractive thing that Mega-trading-corporations have is the cargo capacity and, due to that a little quicker cash grinding. If for fairness, then standardize every faction, giving acess to full shpline to everyone, from Light fighters to Heavy battleships passing trough freighters and 5k'ers.

At least to me that sounds awful, and basicly finish the very reason to have different factions apart maybe 1lawfuls and 1 unlawful for each house and the "minors" get 1 faction each (CR, Sairs, OC etc).

Is already bad enough seeing basicly all major unlawfuls grinding cash in their own factions mining and trading, instead being in a proper trade faction, and seeing Military factions powertrading like BAF and BDM (LN want/wanted do too).

Funny that people complain "Theres no more traders, lets force ppl into traders" while at same time they propose each day another way to bleed trading factions a little more.
(09-23-2018, 03:01 PM)Felipe Wrote: [ -> ]Funny that people complain "Theres no more traders, lets force ppl into traders" while at same time they propose each day another way to bleed trading factions a little more.

Perhaps you are up for limiting mining factions to 4300 so that pure 5000 remain to trading factions?
I fully agree that it should be done up grade so that the transports are 5k, so there will be more time of flight of each faction in its due interest of obtaining greater commerce and consecutively profit enough to construct projects and buy ships so that the fun in the Discovery reaches greater satisfaction.
End Transsmition

[Image: QIcqekq.jpg?1]

(09-23-2018, 03:37 PM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps you are up for limiting mining factions to 4300 so that pure 5000 remain to trading factions?

If the "not trading" ie Military, unlawful lose the 4.3 and 4k, sure.
Come on. Unlawful trading is horrible as it is and 700 cargo more won't make that big of difference but would certainly equalize play field. Plus all unlawful IDs could get rid of "- Cannot use any transports with more than 4,300 cargo." line making it easier to read.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10