Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Either more or no unlawfuls should have access to 5000 cargo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I am fine with the 4300 cargo cap on the GC Id
We are not a faction with a huge amount of resources
(07-05-2019, 07:54 PM)Megaera Wrote: [ -> ]I am fine with the 4300 cargo cap on the GC Id
We are not a faction with a huge amount of resources

Alrighty. Changing thread to "All unlawfuls but GC or noone should have 5000 cargo" Smile
I feel the key thing here is unlawfuls except a few can only use 4300. This vastly under-cuts unlawfuls abilities to build POB as efficiently as lawful trading factions.

You may say it's only 700 units, but in a logistical point of view and at worst case scenario, it would take one less transport to complete some of these orders required to upgrade or build things on the bases.

Say you had 100,000 units of Industrial Hardware to take across an accumulative free-flight distance of 240k's one way. That is 24 minutes of free flight on a return trip, so lets for argument sake that there is 6 minutes of lanes and docking hole/ring animation.

That's 23 trips in a Pilgrim of 4300. 20 trips in a pure 5k.

11.5 hours of trading in a Pilgrim
10 hours in a pure 5ker.

While of course this is all fine for activity, the thing to point out is the necessary avoidance courses you take to avoid lawfuls and people out to get you.

Trading factions get to use lanes and gate everywhere, while smugglers/unlawful traders have to pick and choose depending on location and players online.

So in conclusion and in my own personal opinion, I think the unlawfuls in terms of trading are grossly disadvantaged.
(07-05-2019, 08:49 PM)Altejago Wrote: [ -> ]So in conclusion and in my own personal opinion, I think the unlawfuls in terms of trading are grossly disadvantaged.

They are supposed to be.. thats part of what being unlwfull is all about ..
(07-25-2018, 07:41 PM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]Currently, Corsairs, The Order and Outcasts have access to 5000 cargo ships, where most of other unlawful IDs (to my knowledge, maybe I missed some) are limited to 4300. This is unfair.

Either all unlawfuls should have unlimited access to cargo ships (preferred method all around) or those three (and any other IDs) limited back to 4300 cargo (not going to happen unless staff has the balls to be fair)

I actually agree not to mention how lesser profit you make as an unlawful compared to a lawful trading corp, more cargo however could at least balance it a lil as in it would make some profit with you sacrificing armor and guns etc.

A lawful makes more profit in a 4.3ker than an unlawful probably in a 5ker but at least with a 5ker you come close to what THEY are earning and thus would feel a bit more satisfied and okay if you wouldn't make the exact same amount of profit. However with a 4.3ker it's just ridicoulusly underpriced.

(07-06-2019, 02:52 AM)kerfy Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-05-2019, 08:49 PM)Altejago Wrote: [ -> ]So in conclusion and in my own personal opinion, I think the unlawfuls in terms of trading are grossly disadvantaged.

They are supposed to be.. thats part of what being unlwfull is all about ..

Also what the hell, why would they? You're risking alot more than a regular lawful trader. Not to mention by todays standarts, just comparing how smuggling nowadays makes you tons of profit you would at least asume this would work in the same fashion. Smuggling stuff into lawful territory or just blockade runners should be paid alot more than your regular worker inside a Corporation.

Unlawful trading has never been put up to the list for a realy long while now in fact it has always been ignored. <- Btw not all unlawfuls are pirating or even allowed to if you gonna bring out that argument "Oh but you know they can pirate people so". While trying to boost pirate activity, you're also forgetting how this buff could also benefit in activity for Police Corps and House Enforcers. You gotta think bothways.
Honestly guys, please make it happen. You know what. In general remove cargo restrictions for everyone but Freelancers.
BUMP
Yuss.
As i see it, this is supposed to be an RP server, therefore, you should get whatever you roleplay for.
For this to be possible there is threads for you to present your change requests as long as you have proper quality RP you should get it.
What your faction to have access to any given ship? RP for it, follow the rules stated on this thread and then get a "No" from the Dev team.
Someone once said Disco is like Lala Land of fairness, this person is absolutely correct.
Id say simply, if the factions follow the rules stated in the faction requests thread and the staff also follows them instead of their own personal opinions, most factions would develop and have to RP to access better stuff.
This would re-enforce the Server RP Status that Disco used to be known for as well as making the players feel that they are in a more Professional-like driven community.
As long as its normal/believable RPof course or someone would RP for a Death beam from New York that destroys Planet Malta or some idiotic crap like that.
So, just like as in PoB positioning, good sense is advised.

Official Faction Requests Thread
https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=212
Outcasts and Corsairs are an exception as far as unlawfuls go. Even in Vanilla each were far larger and stronger then any of the house pirate organizations making them both effectively mini-houses.
None of the other pirate or unlawful groups should be able to match them in sheer size without a damn good reason.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10