Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Nomad BS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
can indies fly medium nomad bs or marduk whatever its called? If not why? I think ishtar should be restricted to nomad official factions only.

Also why nomads doesnt have carrier? I think marduk should become carrier
The current Marduk is a Light Battleship and is not available to indies. Indies can use the Siris-Cruiser and the Irra-Battlecruiser. The Battlecruiser is supposed to get a new model soon. The Ishtar remains official faction asset only.

Nomads don't need a carrier.
it has medium bs powercore and 3 heavy, looks like medium bs to me

welp damn i wanted to get nomad ship, well ill wait till marduk become accessible by indies
Erh, yes, I just mixed the Marduk up with the Sarissa for whatever reason.
i just looked at marduk's hardpoints, and even if it was available to indies, i wouldn't invest my money into it
So it's this time of the year again?

I personally would vote against that.
It would make basically a Terrorist ID battleship available to everyone, along with nobody possibly wanting to take any interest in the existing nomad factions, because Terrorist IDd battleships and shipline is available anyway.
To see Nomad battleships roaming around omicrons and players going: "Hi" , i would just facepalm real loudly and think of the whatever reason people pulled out, to get this thing out there.
Nomad Roleplay is on a different level of skill, and requires work to actually pull it off, so if anything Nomad ID should be deleted almost entirely, but we are past that, and reverting those changes would do more harm than any good and after all, it's just my personal opinion.

To bring up the point that Ish'Tar should be the one restricted? Nah, Marduk is way better than Ish'Tar anyway, so that doesn't count as a valid argument here.

My 2 cents...
Marduk should be available to indies, Hellfire bs was restricted for the longest time and has be available for indies now. hopefully murduk as well. might even get people to be interested in flying nomads
(09-29-2018, 01:43 PM)Reddy Wrote: [ -> ]Marduk should be available to indies, Hellfire bs was restricted for the longest time and has be available for indies now. hopefully murduk as well. might even get people to be interested in flying nomads

^

I actually handed in a faction request at some point asking for it to become available to indies. K'Hara was involved and agreed. However, there currently is talk about making the Marduk model the new Nomad Battlecruiser model, which would leave the Ishtar as the only Nomad battleship and people can't make up their mind about whether that should become open instead. I personally wouldn't mind it. If all your official faction has to offer to people is artificially gated-off content of the game, then you're doing something wrong.
Slightly off topic, but is the teeny tiny nomad gunship (not gunboat) open for indies? Not that I couldnt rejoin the k'hara or oracles if I wanted...
(09-29-2018, 02:04 PM)Foxglove Wrote: [ -> ]If all your official faction has to offer to people is artificially gated-off content of the game, then you're doing something wrong.

The main point was not to appeal to factions via restricting content, because apparently you took things out of the context, like a pro.
The main point, if you read again, was my own personal opinion of restricting Higher-Tier RP and Terrorist ID access , to actually see Nomads as Nomads in the Omicrons, not random people who can treat absolutely everyone a combat target.
I personally was against the change of opening Nomad ID up to indies too, but we're well past that change too...

And the interest in the faction should be linked to actually wanting to learn about the Nomad Roleplay, not just get easy content without any work invested and get easy access to a Terrorist like ID.

(09-29-2018, 02:12 PM)Tenacity Wrote: [ -> ]Slightly off topic, but is the teeny tiny nomad gunship (not gunboat) open for indies? Not that I couldnt rejoin the k'hara or oracles if I wanted...

Every Nomad ship up to a Battlecruiser is available to Indies.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9