Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: I am also a bit concerned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(08-13-2019, 01:19 PM)Ash Wrote: [ -> ]Don’t be a dick

Later..

(08-13-2019, 02:03 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]If things ever made a difference we'd have a lot more players right now.
(08-13-2019, 02:06 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]I wish my pregnancy tests were as negative as Lyth.
(08-13-2019, 02:09 PM)Chuba Wrote: [ -> ]people make these threads to feel better about themselves
(08-13-2019, 02:21 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone else can pretend the community is some sort of happy sunshine rainbow candy magical land.
(08-13-2019, 02:29 PM)Chuba Wrote: [ -> ]i wish you were funny
(08-13-2019, 02:51 PM)Pillow Wrote: [ -> ]i use these threads to scan for people to point and laugh at

Case in point

It’s like it’s the norm now to be a whiney dick

[Image: BD4521-F5-F407-48-E0-B7-D6-BC75-C19-B2-D47.jpg]
(08-13-2019, 03:00 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]I guess we've reached the phase where the same feces come by to shut the thread down.

I made a slight edit
I think there needs to be a bit of everything:

(08-13-2019, 02:34 PM)Madvillain Wrote: [ -> ]... give the good example ... by refraining from showing insensitive, toxic, dismissive, passive-agressive, you name it, behaviour.

and

(08-13-2019, 10:14 AM)Yber Wrote: [ -> ]Get some thick skin and man up.

Being toxic gets no one nowhere. But being overly sensitive is not good as well.

I've had no difficulty existing inside the Disco community ever since Pepe told me to just enjoy exploding (sun)
(08-13-2019, 01:19 PM)Ash Wrote: [ -> ]Don’t be a dick
(08-13-2019, 03:37 PM)Ash Wrote: [ -> ]It’s like it’s the norm now to be a whiney dick

Thanks for adding me to that list over nothing.
Also, we should try to never fuel/give attention to toxicity.

If someone is being a Dick. push the ignore button.
Don't comment it, don't quote it.
Let it fly away! Heart
Since when does the antiswear not censor the word "dick"?
It's german and means thick, maybe that's why?
Or maybe it is connected with the arrival of the BBC.
(08-13-2019, 09:31 AM)Kalhmera Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-13-2019, 09:18 AM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]. I also absolutely lost my mind at @Kalhmera about a year ago

We all make mistakes and there is nothing we can do to change it but that shouldnt stop you from trying to change and make it better and as far as I can see you have done that. I know you haven't asked for forgiveness but I forgive you Justin. dont let what happened in the past bring you down, use it as a learning experience and become a better person.

---

I know I am not very much liked in this community, some say im elitist, an a hole, but in all honesty im a very lonely and sad person and I struggle with PTSD and my place in this world and it all started when I left the Army. I know I haven't been kind to a lot of people here but I do try to better myself when I catch myself making a mistake. its all we can do really.

All in all we can all be a bit nicer to the next person and who knows it might just make this place that much better.

I agree with the statement that we all make mistakes. We should LEARN from these and try to do BETTER. You Kalh, you have shown me, that you indeed can be a nice person. The recent stuff between RFP and LPI showed this to me.

I am not concerned about people who made mistakes in the past and learned, maybe at least admitted these mistakes only to themselves and try to do better. I am concerned about those, who don't recognize their mistakes and those without empathy. We should leave our inner Rambo out of the game and out of the forums. If we all try a better and respectful behavior and attitude towards each other, the game would be nicer for everyone. Be it a Game Master, Developer, a "regular" player or a Moderator. In the real world we are all the same too, so fk yeah, let's behave like adults, as we are in the real world.
(08-13-2019, 03:37 PM)Ash Wrote: [ -> ]It’s like it’s the norm now to be a whiney dick

More like being realistic. This is a place of scum and villainy filled with circlejerks around every corner. No matter how nice you are to everyone you are still going to get decked by some dude and his friends because you did a minor thing that he didn't agree with. That's how Discovery has been for as long as anyone can remember and will continue to be like this until its last day. My approach to this place is to have a good time, hence my post.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8