Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Is our time worth being spent here?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
kahl people like you are the reason discovery isnt worth spending time into
obviously among other things but thats still a big part
No need to be mean Pillow.
Disco was more enjoyable for the average player when ''idle roleplay'' was the norm. Where you encountered, roleplayed and contributed/formed RP related ingame and forum material without any expectation of it having any sort of end goal or impact on the server.

When player-driven content was made more popular, almost all active RP was measured and weighed with ''how does this benefit me/my group/my id/my story'' and only that. People were afraid of failure because it would, in their eyes, have lasting results in what they could obtain in the future. They were afraid of trying something new. They were afraid of starting up a dead ID just to screw around with the concept a little. After all, why bother writing up a faction if you weren't going to get it official. Why spend all that time and effort for ''no reason''.

People in disco are afraid to RP for RP sake anymore, since everything now must have a purpose of some sort.
This is, I think, somewhat understandable as we all get older and we aren't in our school-times before, where Disco was a leisurely activity. These days we come home from uni/work and the time we'd throw into a game like disco feels wasted if it is not for a ''good purpose''. So I can sort of understand it.

Still a shame though.
My two cents.
Also, recently I looked back at a certain old game I once picked up from a Demo disk, it is called Savage: Battle for Newearth.
It is a game I used to play long before I found Disco and last week I decided to look at it to see how it went. The population was declining over the last 10 years until there is only a single server ever filled up (out of an active 200+ being hosted) and only on a specific date pre-agreed to by the surviving community.

Because diehard fans will always remain. Disco will ''exist'' as long as a single person gives a crap about it. My visit to Savage was a sobering example as to what will happen to Disco at some point, sooner or later. That the game, forums, server and whatever characters exist remain, but populated by people who cannot give up on it for one reason or another.
Ok boomer
(02-10-2020, 10:56 AM)Shiki Wrote: [ -> ]Ok boomer

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8