Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How is this kind of RP allowed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...tid=197867

I am appalled that it is allowed to conduct this level of "leak". Anyone could betray any faction and reveal every base location, every other aspect of secrecy and let's be honest, face zero consequences except useless FR5 that doesn't do much in terms of actually ending this type of "roleplay"
(07-19-2023, 05:06 AM)Darius Wrote: [ -> ]Fund my bounties and we'll just make the game unplayable for them as did they make our roleplay side hard to play out. Sounds simple enough and very lore friendly.

Bounties only prevent people from being ingame for sometime. Doesn't really put any other consequences as characters simply don't get killed. Even with ship destroyed, all evidence collect via screenshots and chat remains.
(07-19-2023, 05:11 AM)Darius Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a big W to me if they can't play. *shrug*

But really that's all I have to add. My approach is to just put up bounties and watch the characters fizzle out of existence and become forum-only.

Rename into some obscure shipname and continue on that character in ~secret. Problem solved for such players.

Honestly, I would be all up for bounties if they were worthwhile and impactful for roleplay reasons.
(07-19-2023, 05:11 AM)Darius Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a big W to me if they can't play. *shrug*

cant play?
pretty sure they dont play to begin with
good luck finding nicole or hayes in the player activity list, i stopped on page 5
Oh yeah, uh, by the way, just another FYI I forgot to mention earlier. Base locations aren't at all accurate, neither are planet ones -- they all move around constantly (duh) and get changed almost every other patch, so the leak is not at all that damaging if you think about it that way.

Also another perspective, the OP did a good job at, as Reeves pointed out in his RP as Cobra, portraying the character as some nutjob. I was initially preparing to respond to the comm she made with some The Sun tier of article memeing how the information is both vague and very dramatic, but decided against that because the rest of the folks had little consequences applied. I like playing the Bad Guys tm, it is what it is.

So yeah, there's definitely ways to go around this and the leak's contents are about as relevant as if someone were to suddenly bring up the fact there's a secret base in Nevada that works on super high tech technologies. If anything it gives the Houses and the Bounty Hunter mains a reason to stir the undisturbed nest of people furiously vomiting words at each other for 6-7 hours a time.
(07-19-2023, 05:18 AM)Saronsen Wrote: [ -> ]

cant play?
pretty sure they dont play to begin with
good luck finding nicole or hayes in the player activity list, i stopped on page 5

They play but using extremely easy to find alts (just look at the player list in Pennsylvania/Inverness/Unknown, that's where they always are at)

Regardless, yeah, I said my PoV on this, will be backing away.
What's wrong with revealing information if your character knows it? If a character has been involved in RP that give them this class of information, any character should, without fear OOC, be able to play upon it. Denying them that, would OORP and I think really shitty behaviour.
Live with the consequences of Roleplay.
(07-19-2023, 05:27 AM)Serpentis Wrote: [ -> ]What's wrong with revealing information if your character knows it? If a character has been involved in RP that give them this class of information, any character should, without fear OOC, be able to play upon it. Denying them that, would OORP and I think really ***** behaviour.
Live with the consequences of Roleplay.

I could care less about rp that is done in this way but I do want to point out that with this line of thinking (not intended to be a jab just more of consequences of this) I can make an outcast indi and since im apart of that faction I can leak the info to say.. core or who ever.

I personally frown upon this type of RP since in reality there would have been real opposition waiting for said intruder. but when people wait till the late hours when no one is online and do this kind of stealthy infiltration rp it just doesn't give off the good rp vibes.

At the end of the day we allow people to RP within the rules and we can either acknowledge this rp or ignore it.
That is a good point. If they took these IC after they weren't part of the faction. But, neither you or me can prove that they took these then or now when they weren't. That's the issue, no proof. But, in reality, they could've not used images and this would be all good again, right?
(07-19-2023, 05:34 AM)Serpentis Wrote: [ -> ]That is a good point. If they took these IC after they weren't part of the faction. But, neither you or me can prove that they took these then or now when they weren't. That's the issue, no proof. But, in reality, they could've not used images and this would be all good again, right?

It still would suck, because there's zero counterplay. Pictures or no, this can open can of worms where anyone creates any character just to "defect" and "leak" information later on. Imagine any criminal defecting and revealing all secret locations of the bases with exact cordinates. Absolute malice that is.

In my opinion, it would be fine to reveal X station is somwhere in Y asteroid field. There's good reason why unlawful stations' precise locations are inRP not known to lawfuls and can';t be destroyed on a whim.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12