Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: "The Patriot" A bar on Leeds..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Christopher would poke a tongue out at the cigarette seeming not to approve of it as he moved his index finger and thumb to his nose to block the air hopefully giving the man the hint and just seeing if he had to guts to try defy his wishes. "Don't got any, all natural from head to toe nail." he would pick up a peanut up off the couch and tossed it into some ladies drink smiling as he did. "Hard to throw the little things."
Puts out the cigarette and chuckles a little.

"My mistake then. Oh and sorry for the smoke, I just hadn't had one in awhile, not exactly allowed where I come from"

He took a long look at the kid and then said.

"So what's your story then?"
He would still be smiling a bit happily, so he was one to compromise. "Oh just the normal one when you wake up on a snow planet and you end up training up to be the biggest bad ass that you can be and just to some where along the lines get royally screwed and work for people you don't want to..... what about yours.... is it the same?" He would let his 'emotions' run down to just a faint smile as he could smell the man was a little to clean to be from around here, his scent was unnerving and his accent may have just been a little to perfect but that was probably to him, being overly paranoid
Looke listened, smiled and then said

"Not really, waking up one morning realizing that what you did yesterday wasn't good enough for the world one lived in, having to take a job that one wouldn't normally do, ending up working for a cause that wasn't, but became ones own"

He sighed, then chuckled

"Now how ever I couldn't complain, you learn to grow into it, loving it, can't waiting for the next day to come.. Unless your on assignment"

He looked at Christopher and saw that the kid was worried, he felt unsure of how to handle the kid, something was off with him, something just not right.
He shook his head slightly. "Its a funny thing to work for something you may not be use tol, I do... but I in the angels name in hell will not love it." He would take a drink from Looke's cup testing him further for a tolerance level. "You serve a higher power?" He would put his hands behind his head as the cup felt slightly warm.
Vixen shook her head, flicking back the small amount of fur, longer than the rest, that fell across her forehead.

"Well, they have a...well, i dunno, a wingman, or something...where the Sierras stopped chasing me quite soon, she followed me all the way into the Omegas...she seems to have her own motives, though, that seem somewhat..."

Vixen smiled, as if pondering something she found extremely amusing.

"Questionable...in a few ways..."

She took another sip of the coffee, and sat back.

"Mmh...but she's no bother. She had me for a while, then i told her i'd race her to the omega-5 jump hole. I just slipped right past."

Vixen placed the now-empty coffee cup on the table.

"Well, if these folks want to control me, then they'll be pleasantly surprised. If their motives are less...well, evil, i'll be sure to hang around..."

Vixen looked at the roof, and sat her chin on her palms.

"See what they have to offer...especially this Katsumi, she looks like one to stay around for."
*Bret drinks his coffee slowly as Vixen speaks....trying as hard as possible to ignore the distractions from the pilots in the background*
Bret: It sounds to me like your preparing to play one heck of a game of 'cat and mouse' with this Katsumi pilot....*cough*....sorry about the pun...
*Bret puts his cup down as Vixen rests her head on her palms*
Bret: Will you at least promise that you wont do anything regrettable...like getting caught...You mean a lot to Me..I..uh.. I mean the crew...Yes!...You mean a lot to the crew like Miki.....
*Bret starts fidling with his gloves*
.....cause Miki thinks your cool and Ilo and Jenson and *ahem* and.....I've said way too much....
*Bret starts looking around, focused on not looking like a fool*
Vixen sat up straight.

"I don't plan on getting caught any time soon. This one will not catch me...ever. I'll just slip away...like i always do."

and then she smiled.

"And even if she were to catch me, i have my assets...that scientist, for one, will fight tooth-and-claw to keep me safe. I have the Raiders on my side, and all...i'll never go without a fight, and its going to be a hell of a fight if it ever comes around."

as she saw Bret looking around, she smiled again.

"Don't worry, i like you too. Just don't worry about me, ok? This sort of adventure is my life. I won't go down, not until i've seen all i wish to see, and no more...I've come out of worse scrapes."

Vixen tilted her head to sit it on her palm once more, and pushed around a small marble she had found with a claw.

"Though, with it being a woman, this could be different...my influence is somewhat...less...among women, yet with this one, i wouldn't count it out entirely..."
*Bret finishes his coffee and places the cup to the side*
Bret: I have not found a reason to doubt your word...and I will respect the choices that you make...I am glad that you have made friends...*pause*....as strange as they may be, but friends none the less...
Vixen picked at one of her gloves, a loose thread on the edge.
"Well, everyone is strange in some way. Its what makes us human...or, well, not-human in some cases."
She smiled.
"Though, i can't trust everyone. Theres always someone ready to get me by the tail, no matter where they stand, in light or in shadows..."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19