Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: "The Patriot" A bar on Leeds..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Bret: Well if we were human...wouldn't it get boring for us?
*Bret looks into Vixen's eyes intencily*
Bret: You trust me right?
Vixen looked back, with piercing eyes, which had gained a tint of deep red since she had first stolen the neural band.

"I trust you more than anyone else i know, Bret"
*Bret closes his eyes as he lays his head on his paws*
Bret:.....Thank you Vixen.......
*Bret rearranges his jacket and stands up*
Bret: I should go now....My crew is probably wondering where I am...
*Bret touches Vixen's hand and walks toward the bar entrance*
Vixen waved goodbye to him, thinking how brave he was to show his face in this place. She then felt a pang of guilt, at her own disguised self...her hands rose to her hood, slowly...And she dropped them back to the table. She moved her arm slightly, and her Kimono scraped against her fur...she hated being so secretive...she undid the buttons of her hooded robe, and removed it from herself.
Twisting her arms, free of the weight, she pulled her Kimono straight, and sat up, a half-smile on her face, and she brushed down her fur, removing the ruffles caused from the hooded jacket. Her tail flicked up from the seat, not sitting too high, but not sitting on the ground anymore either.
Flicking her ears, she looked around the bar, taking in the sounds of the different conversations, which she could hear clearly now that the hood didn't have her ears pinned back.
Vixen sighed. She finished her drink, then got up and left...
The "LucrativeTransport.Inc" touched down on the landing pad. Once the dust settled around the ship, it's cargo doors unsealed and opened. Soon some of the crew stepped off the loading ramp talking with one another. After they clear the ramp work vehicles move up it to start unloading the cargo.

The captain turns to yell back at the cargo master supervising the work in progress. "Winston, when your done let me know. I don't think we're picking up anything here. We have arrangements to meet with a miner or two in Dublin."

Winston nods in response and then waves the rest off. The group leaving the ship heads to the bar for a few drinks. As they enter the bar they look around and see a table that's fairly clean and head to sit there orders some pitchers along the way.

One of the younger gunners new to the ship, "Did you see all those KNF ships sitting at the trade lanes to stokes? I thought we were going to see some action."

The captain looks up at him, "Shut up kid, we're no match for any of those ships. They had 2 capital ships and 2 smaller ships, I didn't get close enough to see what they were, we didnt need to or want to. We deliver cargo and these military vehicles got here just in time as far as I'm concerned."

They have some other small talk with one another and few of the other patrons. After a couple hours and several pitchers the captain gets a signal from Winston the ship is unloaded. "Alright boys, finish up and head back to the ship. Our work is done here and I'm going to prep it for launch again." After that he leaves the bar. The others wave him off and top off their glasses before they head out again.
Lafiel remained still she didn't know what to do every fibre of her body was in vote of screaming emotionally at the commander for his words and his insinuation that she would use her personal pains as a tool in a conversation. It had not been her intention at all to draw focus to the fact she had lost people due to the Kusari. She wasn't the sort of person to use such personal things as a tool in an argument. It grated at her that he would think of her as this sort of person.

She sighed and sat back and stared at Goodmen curious to know what was in his mind.
Henry Noxville Enters the Bar

Bartender: What can i get yer ?
Henry.Noxville: Huh? Oh ... err .. scotch

Henry rests his chin on his hand looking glim

Bartender: Rough day ?
Henry.Noxville: You've got it.

The Bartender chuckles

Bartender: Care to share ?

Henry looks up and the bartender and smiles

Henry.Noxville: After been threatend by a Kusarian in Bretonian space, it doesnt really make you in the best of moods.
Bartender: I 'ear yer there.
Henry.Noxville: Bottoms up

Henry leans back and necks the scotch, and then slaps the glass on the counter

Henry.Noxville: Cheer's.
Bartender: Any time

Henry pays for the drink and then returns to his hotel suite
A rather short woman enters the bar, ejecting the power cell of her sidearm, before depositing both gun and magazine with security as she arrives. Odds are her clothing is marked as foreign by anyone who notices her, an unassuming Lane Hacker flight suit with a yellow flower emblazoned on its shoulder, set under a basic laser resistant vest.

She steps up to the bar, tapping a finger on the table to get the keep's attention before ordering a simple rum and cola, dropping into the nearest stool to sip at it. The woman swivels on her chair, about-facing to relax backwards on the bar, and look for the other occupants. A simple black WINTERS is now visible, velcrod onto her flight suit above her left breast.
Walking in rather slowly, a man entered. His eyes were sunken, tired, with distinct, dark areas below them. One could tell he had gotten little sleep. He was clad in an Armed Forces uniform, the stripes of a Lieutenant marking it, and what appeared to be metal medical braces curving around it. On his arm, there was a small console, the screen giving off a dull glow.

As he passed the guards at the entrance, he raised his arms, showing his side clip free of both a gun or holster.

Going on his way once more, he started, to look around, a rather strained, odd look on his face.

As his eyes crossed the bar stools, his face seemed to get a bit more at ease. That seemed to be her.

Well, only one way to find out.

He started to make his way towards her, keeping his same, rather slow pace.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19