Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sadly, I didn't get to have any of the fun because I wasn't there... I saw you guys in Kyushu and wanted to log, then noticed my ping and decided not to. So I'm writing this as a mere "bystander", so to say.

Fun is good, after all that's what this game is all about. I like it and support it in any shape or form, but only if played out right. If I want to give you my personal opinion on the matter, I didn't really like it because it didn't make much sense because of the reasons stated in my last post.

If you ask me, the proper approach would've had been sending a simple "Hey mate, do your guys feel like a bit of fighter pew pew with no basehugging, gankin, etc? We have 8 fighters ready for some pew in Leeds, so if you want we can meet at Stokes lane to shoot stuff." to a representative of [KNF] over skype. Far as I've noticed, most members of that faction have ships parked in Leeds, so it wouldn't have taken long for them to show up. That way, it would've helped both sides to keep the numbers even as well as keeping the fight more organized and more fun, and also someone's reaction who's just checking player list over boredom would've had been "Oh, a BAF vs KNF fight with even numbers? Good for them!" instead of "What the...?! BAF in Kyushu?!"...

That might just be me, but to me it looked more like a "We were just bored so decided to do somethin stupid for fun" kind of deal... That's not a bad thing at all, even I do it from time to time, but honestly... That's not the example an official faction should be for indies and other people.

But thank you for your detailed reply nonetheless.
' Wrote:using solely snubcraft.

' Wrote:it was just about fun (for those who were online in time at least. uh).

In fact, in every war that has ever been fought by mankind, special forces have been deployed behind enemy lines in non-regular operations. And sometimes it works, after prior planning. So, if this happens every 2 months, whats wrong with it? KNF mostly shows up in leeds, and there are great battles taking part. But in a war, an even if on the defensive side, sometimes actions take part, that aren't planned by the side that is in offense. And snubs are the only way to do so, because they are small enough to run a blockade.

If an approach with battleships had taken part, i'd agree to you. But in this case, I don't. It was legal, a single action, and hopefully still fun for everyone who took part. Because besides all roleplay, fun also counts.
Carina Privateers were doing a lot of troubles deep in to Kusari space. They know few secret ways that can take a small group of snubs in to Kusari space for strike operations: Hit and Run. So there is no problem for such small squad to move there and do something behind enemy lines. You probably know that bretonia is the only faction with other guard ID different than normal military guard and intelligence guard. We have privateers which have a very wide zone of influence.

Take example from the old KPT squad of 10 chimies that assaulted planet New London daily. Go find a proper explanation of why and how could they..it doesnt matter since they had fun and did intelligence missions.

I see where this conversation is going, so I will advice you to talk with dieter or alvin directly about these matters. We have done few Kyushu battles nearly every month and since they were meaningless, unless the event where we saved 20 000 prisoners, its not such a problem.

P.S:
Quote:"We were just bored so decided to do somethin stupid for fun"
Careful, If you are not aware of our RP, then know that none of the members of the armed forces are authorized to do anything behind enemy lines without the direct permission or order from the admiralty board. In short nobody is doing such things without to receive a permisison...and orders from the admiralty board are not "stupid" or "for fun" so please dont point with such rude words.
' Wrote:it looked more like a "We were just bored so decided to do somethin stupid for fun"
And yet Fallenknight, that's what we did:D
' Wrote:And yet Fallenknight, that's what we did:D

I am glad that a raid of some BAF snubnose ships into Kyushu is the best complaint anyone can currently come up with.

With snubnose craft, an airforce analogy is apt; which does not recognise the existence of front lines.

Capital ship fleet sneaking past all those Kusari defenses in the Taus? Yes, much harder to picture.

And people do get bored. Things happen..

Next time I see that, I'll log my KNF, and face you alone..
' Wrote:Next time I see that, I'll log my KNF, and face you alone..

You'll never fly alone! KAMPAI!!!!

Seriously though, it happens from time to time that their forces get behind enemy lines. I am just happy they arent hanging out there and F1ing in space. This is much better.
' Wrote:You'll never fly alone! KAMPAI!!!!

Seriously though, it happens from time to time that their forces get behind enemy lines. I am just happy they arent hanging out there and F1ing in space. This is much better.
Why does my KSP always fly alone?:(

Wait...

CONSPIRACY!
The *only* time a BAF| strike force is allowed behind enemy lines into Kusari is under direct approval from an Admiral (In this case Rubber.Duck) it is his call to do so, in fact any of the Admirals have the right to lead a mission there if they A. Deem it fun enough and B. Think it practical.

I wouldn't send them to New Tokyo, or to Honshu, that's what the QCP is for. But Kyushu once every now and again, don't see the harm in it.
Alvin, nobody is complaining about QCP.

We have to fix that..

:)
' Wrote:Alvin, nobody is complaining about QCP.

We have to fix that..

:)

If it makes you happy I saw a QCP on my OSI last night in Tau-23 and the following though crossed my mine, "Frack...I'm about to lose this gold ore." I then proceeded to break the plane in an effort to get out of scanner range. :laugh: