Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-23-2016, 10:24 PM)Corile Wrote: [ -> ]Pathetic performance. Learn to fight fairly or don't fight at all.

Hi.

This is HMS-Thames. The HAU II bad loadout RP Dunkirk killed by 4 Corsair Bombers. We'd like our complaints back now. Thank you.
Considering I only have about 5 minutes, this is gonna be short and sweet.

Quote:I was there when your friends all left you at Cambridge and jumped to Omega 3, and you didn't follow them, but continued to attack the BAF pilot.
You was lagging horribly and your ship was all over the screen, yet we didn't complain, it's a game.
Then the BAF pilot requested from the other BPA) and BMF player to stand down, because you was running all the time.
I stand down leaving you with 1 BAF pilot to pvp with.

Now you come here and drop those few rage words because you couldn't win? that's not good.
Any gripes with our performance you are welcome to address in our feedback thread, this doesn't concern the situation at hand.

Quote:It was not corsairs chasing BAF
it was BAF chasing corsair starting from Cambridge > Omega 3 > Omega 5
The corsairs are the ones who ran to the omegas, then to the o5 jumhole, not the BAF.
We wouldn't have ran if we weren't ganked 9v5.

Quote:I can assure you that no one in the BAF|, the official faction, restocked.
I have it on good authority that 3 people in the fight ran away and came back restocked. Couldn't scan myself, but that's what I've been told.

Quote:I did hug Douglas Station, which was because I was ordered to, which is probably because I was shot at by a lot of Corsairs
Basehugging "because you were ordered to" still doesn't make it right. And you weren't the only one, pretty much every BAF we shot, either in Cambridge or in Omega-3 ran to a base immediately after being targeted (Norfolk or Douglas respectively).

Quote:This is HMS-Thames. The HAU II bad loadout RP Dunkirk killed by 4 Corsair Bombers. We'd like our complaints back now. Thank you.
You had your situation explained on Discord already.
Some experienced snubbers have explained me some details about base hugging in dogfights and I've instructed the faction not to hug bases if the battle is fair, and not to order base hugging. I still don't have any ground to believe that anyone from the BAF| restocked during the fight, but I have instructed the chaps not to do it and why not to do it just in case.
Hey if you want to play gank wars then thats fine by me. Sure such actions fuel players to rage quit, but what just happened in Newcastle was disgusting!

I can understand now why people logoff just before a big fight when they think they are gonna get ganked. This time it was a single gb against multiple bombers another GB and a Crecy Destroyer and i didnt last 5 secs.

If you want to play that war of attrition then we can play game of I gank you and you gank me.

We can tear any of your players a new 'hole' no problem, just say the word if thats how you want our interactions to be!

But choose wisely in the long run you may live to regret it when there is no one to fight!
(04-28-2017, 11:48 PM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for letting us group before attacking. Sorry for the LNS that came in the middle of the battle, but we didn't call them. The other half of your fleet that docked was lucky, because otherwise they'd have been ganked.

And if 5th|LNS-Odyssey reads this, kudos for not coming to gank after we said we didn't need help.

BAF|HMS-Sovereign

From now on if I feel your side will abuse their position and gank I will order everyone to log and you will have no one to fight!!

Now its gonna hurt you to gank. Any crap and I will pull the plug on a fight even if we spend 45mins arranging our fleets.

If the ganking continues further, then we will gank everything in bretonia. Traders included, when BAF players are least active.

Its a two-way door. This ganking thing but it wont end well for you I swear it.

Think about it, get your flock in order.
First off we don't intend to play gank wars with anyone, we try to keep things fair to the best of our ability.
Im not entirely sure wich fight today you mean, but Ill go through both of them.

The engagement in Leeds was between 3 Battleships and one Battlecruiser on the BAF/CR/LN side and a Valor along with 4 BCs on the GRN side. Yes some LNS logged, none of them engaged though and we talked it through beforehand so they wouldnt roll over your forces. Apparently we failed to communicate that properly since a few of the GRN side docked away.

The fight just now in Newcastle got a out of control when more people poured in and the transports actually managed to do damage to the GBs, wich we did not expect. I (flying the GB in question) went to intercept the remaining GB then with the intention to duel it but the other people who were in pursue didnt disengage so I broke off while the BAF fighter merely CDd the ship.
If a light cruiser should engage a GB can be argued, but this one didnt have a solaris or the like loadout that would determine the fight beforehand.
Long story short there was quite a bit of dissorganization, we will try to do better in such situations.
Hello there. Let me clear up sometging.

Earlier today there was a battle going on in Leeds and more people showed up. BAF| players specifically told Navy and other players to stay back in order to make it fair. So therefore i believe that BAF| has proven itself on what values it follows.

On the Newcastle instance I was told by my guys in the Logistics corps that you were deliberately hunting their transports and therefore I moved in to assist and also asked for help. Suffice to say that attacks on Logistics Corps is not something that I will take in. On top of that your attack was also disorganized as the people were prepared for fighting two gunboats at once, supposedly dangerous ones.

Sorry if you felt ganked, we were just protecting transports not trying to gank you.
I am the captain of one of these gunboats ("Lune", if to be more correct).
I can't say something about madness in Leeds. Part of our fleet just left and who remains were not be able to fight good.
And I have to admit, that I made a mistake in Newcastle. Everything wasn't on my side. I had to wait you on trade lanes, but I decided to go to planet to show, how brave I am. It was pretty silly from my side. The battlefiels was bad for me. Stations, npc (npc-gunboat caused me a lot of damage and ate a lot of my energy), closed space. It was hard to fight in this conditions. And I was gone, yes. I was fighting with 6 ships (include this npc-gunboat and him fighters) and I was trying to do my best just for destroying this transport. Sadly, but I failed. I don't have enough pvp-exp., it looks like.
So, all in all, the first situation was our mistakes. (+Cowards, who just docked). We were trying to fight like tigers, but failed.
The second situation and loss in it is only my mistake. I sorry for it.
Regards,
Captain of "Lune" Gallic Gunboat.
Kudos for the behavior in the Cambridge fight and making it fun for everyone. The end result was an amazing fight, for our side at least. Your pilots did very well, and made us work hard to win. Keep up the sportsmanship.

~The Scylla
(09-12-2017, 08:30 PM)Antonio Wrote: [ -> ]Kudos for the behavior in the Cambridge fight and making it fun for everyone. The end result was an amazing fight, for our side at least. Your pilots did very well, and made us work hard to win. Keep up the sportsmanship.

~The Scylla

I'm not in BAF| or BRF| or any of that, but I was a little disapointed by the fact the Scylla actually restocked mid fight, I was the crecy and I was dry way before the 2nd Kirk turned up and switched with the 1st. That was my only disapointment with the fight. But it was a good, long, tiring fight and was nice to be involved.