Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Privateers get to Kusari the same way they get to the BMM base in Tau-23, where they base off of in many cases.

Kambei, seriously, why the heck is it any of your business whether or not the Privateers are flying heavy fighters and if they're ranked high enough to do so? Seriously, that looks like you're just fishing for things to complain about. If the BAF rules say Ensigns can't fly Paladins, but the Admiralty decided to let them do it anyway, it still would be none of your business.
' Wrote:Well what can I say

Yes you can evade in a Paladin everytime you loose your shield, yes you can use a GB to feed him with bots forever.

Yes it's good "RP".

Does it promote "fairplay"? Not much.

Should we all now start to use the most unfair tactics we can find? Would make it lovely really.
Wait, you're arguing against the long-standing and very sensible tactics of b/b-trading and dodging when you're shield is down? I wasn't there, don't know what you're talking about, but if you have a problem with the GB feeding b/b to a fighter, kill the bloody gunboat. If you can't, then you should probably run away.
I find it funny, BAF get's a decent ship (Templar is great.), and Kusari complains because they're Chimera's (which have the same turning speed as a Paladin) Can't keep up with a skilled pilot.

Seriously, Kusari, you need to get your head out of the clouds, stop complaining about our ships and learn how to counter them, and stop blaming the ships for every time you lose a battle. Have you ever thought that it's Pilot Skill that makes a ship good, and not a good ship that makes the pilot good?
' Wrote:Kambie: To begin, Privateers start above Lt. Captanis all, I believe...maybe commanders.

To get to NT, I believe there are above 6 routes that avoid all of the 'kusari blockade'
One of which drops from the battleship stirling in Dundee, to Tau 31, then jumps through the taus, through Hokkaido(still friendly space for the BAF) and directly into NT.

Either Tau 31->Tau29 (clearly Kusari controlled)->Kyushu (Clearly Kusari controlled)->Hokkaido (Friendly to BAF? I am sorry guess I forgot about the KNF battleship and KSP/Samura base) ->NT

or Tau-31->Tau23->Kyushu (Kusari controlled) ->Hokkaido or New Tokyo (Through the JG? the JH next to the FA base?)

Or Tau-31 ->Tau23 ->Tau44 (CR home system) ->Tau65 (GC Guard system) ->Hokkaido ->NT

Those dont seem like the most in RP routes to me.

edit: Honestly I think as the front lines of the war get pushed one way or the other, the reach of the forces should too. The Privateers should be operating in the Tau's and maybe the occasional move into Kyushu. Bretonian GB's taking the Tradelanes from Tsushima to Planet Kyushu on the way to the NT JG so they can attack the Capital is a bit ridiculous.

Quote:This is for "privateers"/privateer part of BAF. [BAF]name-P

Doing piracy in New Tokyo in situation when KNF invaded Leeds is little bit odd since you must travel through whole Kusari empire. It is like from the Lord of the Rings... bunch of hobits (you) must go through whole Middle Earth to eat lambus next to Mount Doom... oh comon, this doesn't make sense. Do sabotage in Kyushu and quickly run away... why not... but this? I can't find any RP in that.

I'm gonna have to agree with Kambei on this one. First of all, when Bretonia has enemy forces at its doorstep, it should deploy every last man to repel the invasion instead of having its best pilots go chasing down traders in enemy territory. Second of all, yes, you theoretically get to New Tokyo by avoiding the blockade but you know what? You can get anywhere you please with jump holes - if the KNF really wanted to, they could come into Cambridge and New London by jump holes and park themselves there, just because they "can." Should they do it? Probably not.

One more thing. Me and another IMG faction member were flying through Cambridge once when Queen's Ransom essentially pirated us right then and there, demanding money for Bretonia. Pirating traders dealing with Kusari is one thing, but demanding cash from an organization within your own House, that is based heavily in Bretonia, is ridiculous.
' Wrote:I'm gonna have to agree with Kambei on this one. First of all, when Bretonia has enemy forces at its doorstep, it should deploy every last man to repel the invasion instead of having its best pilots go chasing down traders in enemy territory. Second of all, yes, you theoretically get to New Tokyo by avoiding the blockade but you know what? You can get anywhere you please with jump holes - if the KNF really wanted to, they could come into Cambridge and New London by jump holes and park themselves there, just because they "can." Should they do it? Probably not.

One more thing. Me and another IMG faction member were flying through Cambridge once when Queen's Ransom essentially pirated us right then and there, demanding money for Bretonia. Pirating traders dealing with Kusari is one thing, but demanding cash from an organization within your own House, that is based heavily in Bretonia, is ridiculous.

Learn some strategy.:P
' Wrote:edit: Honestly I think as the front lines of the war get pushed one way or the other, the reach of the forces should too. The Privateers should be operating in the Tau's and maybe the occasional move into Kyushu. Bretonian GB's taking the Tradelanes from Tsushima to Planet Kyushu on the way to the NT JG so they can attack the Capital is a bit ridiculous.
Well, as long as we're sharing our true feelings, the AFA and Hogosha should stay out of Leeds, and even Tau-31. They're far outside of the NPC ZoI, and neither of them have any business there. The AFA should be kicking the other House shipping out of Kusari, and the Hogosha should be doing their Hogosha thing (in Kusari). They're Kusari unlawfuls (even if they're friendly with the KNF), not Bretonian unlawfuls. Neither Leeds nor Tau-31 is Kusari, even if Kusari has a strong military presence. The AFA and Hogosha have no business in a warzone.
' Wrote:Well, as long as we're sharing our true feelings, the AFA and Hogosha should stay out of Leeds, and even Tau-31. They're far outside of the NPC ZoI, and neither of them have any business there. The AFA should be kicking the other House shipping out of Kusari, and the Hogosha should be doing their Hogosha thing (in Kusari). They're Kusari unlawfuls (even if they're friendly with the KNF), not Bretonian unlawfuls. Neither Leeds nor Tau-31 is Kusari, even if Kusari has a strong military presence. The AFA and Hogosha have no business in a warzone.

I beg to differ.

The Kusari consider Northern Leeds, called Seto, to be a part of their empire (whether it actually is or not is irrelevant). And one vital aspect of the Hogosha's RP is discouraging foreign companies from trading within Kusari territory. It then makes perfect sense that the Hogosha would work to drive out foreign traders from the newly-acquired space.
' Wrote:Learn some strategy.:P
You have a politician's knack for skirting around the issue :D

Quote:Well, as long as we're sharing our true feelings, the AFA and Hogosha should stay out of Leeds, and even Tau-31. They're far outside of the NPC ZoI, and neither of them have any business there. The AFA should be kicking the other House shipping out of Kusari, and the Hogosha should be doing their Hogosha thing (in Kusari). They're Kusari unlawfuls (even if they're friendly with the KNF), not Bretonian unlawfuls. Neither Leeds nor Tau-31 is Kusari, even if Kusari has a strong military presence. The AFA and Hogosha have no business in a warzone.

You have a point, Drake, but the Kusari now consider upper Leeds to be a part of their empire, and they control it, so the Hogosha can claim to have business there. Meanwhile, having privateers in the heartland of Kusari is about as realistic as having Germany interdicting trade off the US eastern seaboard in 1944.

Edit: What Quorg said.
' Wrote:You have a politician's knack for skirting around the issue :D
You have a point, Drake, but the Kusari now consider upper Leeds to be a part of their empire, and they control it, so the Hogosha can claim to have business there. Meanwhile, having privateers in the heartland of Kusari is about as realistic as having Germany interdicting trade off the US eastern seaboard in 1944.
Edit: What Quorg said.

How did Rheinland attack Glasgow in the SP then?

You can go around.

Regardless, it's strategically sound. Cut off supply lines, win the war.