Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Thoughts That Win
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Humanity has advanced, when it has advanced, not because it has been sober, responsible, and cautious, but because it has been playful, rebellious, and immature. -Tom Robbins
"The only time I really become discouraged is when I think of all the things I would like to do and the little time I have in which to do them." - Thomas Edison.
All governments suffer a recurring problem : Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted.
~ in
Chapterhouse : Dune by Frank Herbert

Give me rampant intellectualism as a coping mechanism. -Chuck Palahniuk
"When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." - Confucius

"What you do not wish for yourself, do not do to others" - Confucius

"With coarse rice to eat, with water to drink, and my crooked arm for a pillow - is not joy to be found therein? Riches and honors acquired through unrighteousness are to me as the floating clouds" - Confucius

"They tell us that suicide is the greatest piece of cowardice, that suicide is wrong; when it is quite obvious that there is nothing in the world to which every man has a more unassailable title than to his own life and person." - Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Death is for many of us the gate of hell; but we are inside on the way out, not outside on the way in." - George Bernard Shaw.
"He who rejects change is the architect of decay. The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery." - Harold Wilson.
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus.

"Where ignorance is our master, there is no possibility of real peace." - The Dalai Lama.
"No man should ever display his bravery unless he is prepared for battle, nor bear the marks of defiance, until he has experienced the abilities of his enemy." - Hitopadesa.
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead.