Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Thoughts That Win
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. - Gandhi

(but can it be, that we are blind already?)
"What, if some day or night a demon were to steal after you into your loneliest loneliness and say to you: 'This life as you now live it and have lived it, you will have to live once more and innumerable times more'. Would you not throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and curse the demon who spoke thus? Or have you once experienced a tremendous moment when you would have answered him: 'You are a god and never have I heard anything more divine.'?"

-Friedrich Nietzsche, The Gay Science
"One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotations.." - Diogenes, the exiled philosopher of ancient Greece

"Original thought is like original sin: both happened before you were born to people you could not have possibly met." - Fran Lebowitz

"The most original of authors are not so because they advance what is new, but more because they know how to say something, as if it had never been said before." - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work." - Gustav Flaubert
I don't have a drinking problem. I drink. I fall down. I get up. No problem.

We are all prostitutes. We all sell ourselves to somebody for some sort of monetary renumeration.

Eve ate the fruit of knowledge and comitted the first sin. Then she realized she was nude, which was a sin. How come being nude wasn't the first sin, then?

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to loose- Kris Kristofferson

Still I'm cruising down this road in a coffin made of steel,
an old black lincoln beat to hell with a mad man at the wheel.
"I know,that nothing i know"
Keep calm and carry on.

An old favorite.
One of the 7 advices

[color=#000000]''Either appear as you are, Or, as you seem.'' - Mevlânâ Celaleddin-i Belhi Rumi
"You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom." - Malcolm X
"Poetry is, first of all, a branch of divine wisdom,
Conceived by and known by the godly edifying to all who hear it.
It pleases the ear of the listener if he be a virtuous man.
A poem uttered with surfeit of words lacks grace and excellence." -by shota rustaveli )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpNRw7snmGM...3c9RVAAAAAAAAAg

This is from "bigthink" series featuring Penn Jillette a magician and atheist talking on tolerance and way to truth as well as respect. I share some opinions and I look scepticly to others presented by him, but all in all really: food for thought.