Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Thoughts That Win
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence." --I think it was The Boondocks.
If those quotes are already written, you may slap me.

"All that glitters is not gold - sometimes it's diamonds instead." (Uncertain author)

"Admiration is the emotion furthest of comprehension." (Tite Kubo)

"It'€™s easier to crush a dream than realize one, forming a bond is infinitely more difficult than breaking one" (Tite Kubo)
"Throw your petty grievances aside and be good to each other, that's all that matters in life. Don't let the leadership here try to control you, don't become a pawn, and don't let anyone else do your thinking for you." - Tenacity.
Anger, if not restrained, is frequently more hurtful to us than the injury that provokes it. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Find fault with thyself rather than with others. - Tokugawa Ieyasu

And my favorite which cannot be really applied here:

One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly. - Friedrich Nietzsche
A young man tells you what he is doing right now.
An old man tells you what he have done.
And a crazy always tells you what he will do.

My dad.
"Poverty of goods is easily cured; poverty of soul, impossible." - Michel de Montaigne.
Who dares, wins.
Qui audet adipiscitur.
-Motto of nine special forces units around the world.
"I have learned from experience that, in the bluff and counter-bluff of world politics, to draw a hostile war lord as a horrible monster is to play his game. What he doesn't like, is being shown as a silly ass." - Sir David Low.
Post a good quote in a thread and increase your popularity - Crackpunch
Cynicism is the intellectual cripple's substitute for intelligence.
~ J. Russel Lynes