Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: 4.89.1 - Initial Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Though I cant help but notice that battleships and the likes are now at an extreme disadvantage vs snubs, even more so then they already were. maybe its time to make battleships the floating fortresses they deserve to be at last.
(04-14-2017, 07:52 PM)Impyness Wrote: [ -> ]In-game stuff like the results of battles should never seriously impact lore.

Really? so we beat the crap out of GRN and still keep losing? - doesn't seem right mate.

And technically, yes, if you construct a faction and keep winning fights in a given region + RP it right (both in game and forum), you schould be able to make a difference. Maybe not taking over at once, but slowly going this way for a year or two should do it in my opinion.
Quote:Add to that the fact that the development team wants to ensure the highest-quality work is what gets pushed out, not only to ensure the best gaming experience, but to save ourself further headache,

I'm listening to two Balance devs talking about how the new Bomber guns are the most busted, broken things added to the mod in a while. Doesn't exactly look like much preliminary balance was done to these weapons before they were added. While I recognize it's hard to balance things without much testing, perhaps introducing them in a decidedly underpowered state is better than a decidedly overpowered state.
(04-14-2017, 06:38 PM)Arda Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for all your hard work guys!

And gals.
Hmmm Pimp ship doesn't appear to be working.
(04-14-2017, 08:53 PM)TickTack Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm Pimp ship doesn't appear to be working.

yeah too many light entries borked it Sad

too bad, really wanted those lights in
its my fault that new bomber guns are overpowered, i was testing effects with current stats i thought balance devs gonna change their stats
Sorry.
(04-14-2017, 07:38 PM)Jayce Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:actually creating and implementing is much harder than it looks.

Not really. The most difficult part of mod-related changes, sans plugins, is hitboxing ships. That's it. There's literally a tool to do the maps for you, the rest is just crunching numbers or typing things in XML.

"They do it for free."

It actually DOES take a long time, especially when modeling one, you have to take many things into consideration i.e. size of the ship (balance wise), weapon/turret placement, the ships general looks (to fit in line), textures (even harder when you want custom ones). Then comes the texturing part, and as you may have noticed, not so many can master it. It takes awfully long time so you need a clear schedule for DAYS if you want to finish it. And then making and hitbox + hardpointing which takes hours because you have to constantly test it in-game if it works properly, that the turrets have the right arc and rotation values and make sure it doesn't fly ass-forward. Basically, the bigger the ship, the harder this process becomes. And then comes the intensive testing which is to be honest the fun part, not more fun than flying it in the game on-line if it ever gets there (you may have noticed the Bretonian, Outcast and Corsair battlecruisers are still missing, same with the Gallic cruisers.

This takes time and we do it for free, on our free-time. So deal with it.
First of all thanks for the work you put into it! The story progression was much needed and most of the changes seem to go into a pretty good direction.

Now lets get to the less pleasant things and something that simply does and can not work this way:

(04-14-2017, 07:53 PM)TheShooter36 Wrote: [ -> ]CR got 2 IFF s for some unknown reason, one Military and one Republic IFF, Republic is red to all CR.

Oh and Crayter Military IFF has Coalition infocard

The Coalition and Crayter Republic now have civilian factions like the Hellfire Legion has the Commonwealth. - Xalrok

Receiving information about a change like this, from a bug report thread that likely would be overlooked is simply wrong.
Neither me, nor the HC people I just talked to can recall that the CR has asked for this to be added, neither have we been consulted or even been informed about this addition happening in any way. Splitting the faction into a military and a civilian part is something that should not have happened without talking to us, as it might have major consequences, not only for us as official factions, but also for Independent players.
There also does not seem to be ANY kind of justification for this step (Neither do 'internal Dev plans', or even worse 'the HF has it, so you get it forced onto your faction as well' count as valid reasons in my eyes).
As such we expect you to revert this change with the next patch, or alternatively to talk to us about a possible solution for this unnecessary mess.
Thank you.
Edit: Redacted as per Jansen's response.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10