Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: 4.89.1 - Initial Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Scatterguns are somewhat... scary. Bombers can fight fighters now.
I have to test more to check whether this is good.

Teh bombs are fun. I cannot hit them! Big Grin
, i advise you to reduce your aggressive tone to who speaking solely as a CR member. Do not mix dev-admin dramas into it.

Sincerely,
CR 2iC
(04-14-2017, 09:22 PM)Barb Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-14-2017, 07:38 PM)Jayce Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:actually creating and implementing is much harder than it looks.

Not really. The most difficult part of mod-related changes, sans plugins, is hitboxing ships. That's it. There's literally a tool to do the maps for you, the rest is just crunching numbers or typing things in XML.

"They do it for free."

It actually DOES take a long time, especially when modeling one, you have to take many things into consideration i.e. size of the ship (balance wise), weapon/turret placement, the ships general looks (to fit in line), textures (even harder when you want custom ones). Then comes the texturing part, and as you may have noticed, not so many can master it. It takes awfully long time so you need a clear schedule for DAYS if you want to finish it. And then making and hitbox + hardpointing which takes hours because you have to constantly test it in-game if it works properly, that the turrets have the right arc and rotation values and make sure it doesn't fly ass-forward. Basically, the bigger the ship, the harder this process becomes. And then comes the intensive testing which is to be honest the fun part, not more fun than flying it in the game on-line if it ever gets there (you may have noticed the Bretonian, Outcast and Corsair battlecruisers are still missing, same with the Gallic cruisers.

This takes time and we do it for free, on our free-time. So deal with it.

Faction leaders do it for free as well, but we're under the magnifying glass from the admin team every time they do something even remotely off-kilter. It's time for other people who like to gallivant about, proclaiming "we're on the devteam, we do it for free!" and then demand yellow names, or get cool user titles, or extra liberties, or just plain recognition in the community be held to that same standard as well. Good job policing people, .

Free labour does not a quality product make.
Then make it better.
(04-14-2017, 10:13 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]Then make it better.

Oh, I've volunteered my services to the Devteam on multiple occasions.

I was told I was "too controversial," and that it would "shed a poor light on the team."

Take it up with them, not me.
(04-14-2017, 09:56 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]Or what, you'll threaten to heavy decision the devteam again or something ridiculous like that?

IFF implementation has traditionally been a dev matter, the faction leaders who lost guard IFFs were consulted ahead of time about their recycling, including who leads the bloody BPA.

If you're going to be upset about devs making dev decisions, merge the teams like you said you'd do or set up some other avenue to talk with us instead of making demands with no understanding of the situation

Edit: Jansen, you need to clarify if you're speaking as an administrator or a CR member here. If the latter, I redact everything I wrote, but it really isn't clear especially from the tone of your post.

It's quite straight forward he is talking as a CR member, the admin team isn't a faction high command. (or is it???? TMYK)
I also don't know what warranted the post to be this aggressive. Jensen requesting a revert right away may be slightly annoying, but if nobody in CR was aware of that change, a post like this was to be expected.

Factions sort of have a right to know what's going to happen to them, especially when it's such a major change.
(04-14-2017, 09:56 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]Or what, you'll threaten to heavy decision the devteam again or something ridiculous like that?

IFF implementation has traditionally been a dev matter, the faction leaders who lost guard IFFs were consulted ahead of time about their recycling, including who leads the bloody BPA.

If you're going to be upset about devs making dev decisions, merge the teams like you said you'd do or set up some other avenue to talk with us instead of making demands with no understanding of the situation

Edit: Jansen, you need to clarify if you're speaking as an administrator or a CR member here. If the latter, I redact everything I wrote, but it really isn't clear especially from the tone of your post.

Do you see any green text above? It also appears as if the CR and CR HC references would indicate where that one is coming from. I also kind of fail to see how this is related to Guard IFFs, St. Denis or the BPA in any way.
(04-14-2017, 08:55 PM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]yeah too many light entries borked it Sad

too bad, really wanted those lights in

Well to be honest there are lights there that hardly anyone ever uses, just delete those ones and replace them with the awesome ones instead
(04-14-2017, 10:11 PM)Jayce Wrote: [ -> ]

Not really. The most difficult part of mod-related changes, sans plugins, is hitboxing ships. That's it. There's literally a tool to do the maps for you, the rest is just crunching numbers or typing things in XML.

"They do it for free."

It actually DOES take a long time, especially when modeling one, you have to take many things into consideration i.e. size of the ship (balance wise), weapon/turret placement, the ships general looks (to fit in line), textures (even harder when you want custom ones). Then comes the texturing part, and as you may have noticed, not so many can master it. It takes awfully long time so you need a clear schedule for DAYS if you want to finish it. And then making and hitbox + hardpointing which takes hours because you have to constantly test it in-game if it works properly, that the turrets have the right arc and rotation values and make sure it doesn't fly ass-forward. Basically, the bigger the ship, the harder this process becomes. And then comes the intensive testing which is to be honest the fun part, not more fun than flying it in the game on-line if it ever gets there (you may have noticed the Bretonian, Outcast and Corsair battlecruisers are still missing, same with the Gallic cruisers.

Faction leaders do it for free as well, but we're under the magnifying glass from the admin team every time they do something even remotely off-kilter. It's time for other people who like to gallivant about, proclaiming "we're on the devteam, we do it for free!" and then demand yellow names, or get cool user titles, or extra liberties, or just plain recognition in the community be held to that same standard as well. Good job policing people, .

Cool story. Now what exactly is your point here, in everything you've written? If you think you're up for the job, then do it. I did not ask to be a yellow and have a fancy and cool title. I started with a small step, I got to where I am now legitimately.

You've been around for some time now. You should know that you don't get to be something by begging here. Wanna prove me and everyone of us wrong, you're welcome to do so.
(04-14-2017, 10:20 PM)Barb Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-14-2017, 10:11 PM)Jayce Wrote: [ -> ]

"They do it for free."

Cool story. Now what exactly is your point here, in everything you've written? If you think you're up for the job, then do it. I did not ask to be a yellow and have a fancy and cool title. I started with a small step, I got to where I am now legitimately.

You've been around for some time now. You should know that you don't get to be something by begging here. Wanna prove me and everyone of us wrong, you're welcome to do so.

(04-14-2017, 10:15 PM)Jayce Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-14-2017, 10:13 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]Then make it better.

Oh, I've volunteered my services to the Devteam on multiple occasions.

I was told I was "too controversial," and that it would "shed a poor light on the team."

Take it up with them, not me.

My services were offered, denied with a personal attack, and now they're gone for good. I offered my assistance to Karst with the Freighter rework because he's my friend and he asked. That's it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10