Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: 4.89.1 - Initial Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(04-16-2017, 09:39 PM)Foxy Wrote: [ -> ]Possible, but then I would like to get enlightend with how they thought this can or shall work. Right now it is as if nobody knows anything and even less how Devs came up with this idea.

So I might have overreacted but if so I would appreciate some kind of logical explanation about this.

I knew about the whole double IFF thing because I was informed when I was leader. The thing is it was not implemented correctly so both IFF's are not hostile to one another but the CR reptutation sheet has always appeared hostile to everyone new meeting the faction. here my bad, wrong forum account.
Bar on planet Orleans in the Orleanais system looks strange with bugged texture moving.
(04-16-2017, 08:41 PM)Foxy Wrote: [ -> ]I can only agree to this.
You did a very good job with this update. So far so good.

Sadly I have something to complain about as well. To name it right now I mean the splitted IFFs and IDs. I talked with and watched the discussion from my faction members and as the 1iC of CR I felt that I have to step up and say my opinion and what I honestly think is that, even though it worked for other factions, I can't see it working for mine. THIS change will kill my faction over time. It makes things for us overly complicated to handle and so the will of my members to log and play with CR. Plus, these changes were unknown to us, only by accident we learned from it and now since it happened it forces us to change a system which was running smoothly for us. It can be that you thought it is good and needed but from my current point of view it is not.
So I, as the CR 1iC, and my current HC members would appreciate and maybe even demand it to a certain degree that this change gets reverted.

Hello! Please explain how is this change going to kill the =CR= faction.
(04-17-2017, 11:23 AM)Mao Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-16-2017, 08:41 PM)Foxy Wrote: [ -> ]I can only agree to this.
You did a very good job with this update. So far so good.

Sadly I have something to complain about as well. To name it right now I mean the splitted IFFs and IDs. I talked with and watched the discussion from my faction members and as the 1iC of CR I felt that I have to step up and say my opinion and what I honestly think is that, even though it worked for other factions, I can't see it working for mine. THIS change will kill my faction over time. It makes things for us overly complicated to handle and so the will of my members to log and play with CR. Plus, these changes were unknown to us, only by accident we learned from it and now since it happened it forces us to change a system which was running smoothly for us. It can be that you thought it is good and needed but from my current point of view it is not.
So I, as the CR 1iC, and my current HC members would appreciate and maybe even demand it to a certain degree that this change gets reverted.

Hello! Please explain how is this change going to kill the =CR= faction.

Process of making an unofficial faction or group

1. Each faction has only one leader. The leader of the faction must also assign at least one second in command

2. Leader should choose an ID and IFF that all members of the group will use on their faction characters.

3. Post your faction idea in the Unofficial Factions and Groups subforum. Ask about others opinions! This will help you on next stage.

CR is a faction playing a Republic, as such the whole spectrum involving civilian, government and military. Having to chose one IFF as it would be required by the rules destroys quite a lot of these options and as such kills the faction in the way it has worked for something close to the last decade.

I am also still waiting for the promissed explanation from the story team.
(04-15-2017, 01:01 PM)Mao Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-14-2017, 07:53 PM)TheShooter36 Wrote: [ -> ]The Coalition and Crayter Republic now have civilian factions like the Hellfire Legion has the Commonwealth. - Xalrok
This is awesome. I always wanted to separate civilians from military. This will make things so much easier for trading factions with roots in the Colonial Republic. Good job.

I would say this would be a logical evolution on account of several years of official factions role playing civilian governments / non-military affairs. That it wasn't announced previously causes issues, but it's not game breaking (once Rep is fixed, that is).
I would just like to get a ADMIN clarification/ green message giving clearance for something that happened in this update.

Hellfire Legion have two affiliations 1) Hellfire Legion 2) Common Wealth this was done way before this update and no sanctions happened regarding this two IFF and one ID for an official faction. During this update both Crayter Republic and Coalition received a second IFF.

Crayter Republic (Normal IFF)
Crayter Military (Guard IFF)

This is the easiest way I find to explain the new affiliation (IFF). Just like the Coalition they recieved a "Coalition Military" and "Coalition Civilian" set of IFF's instead of just the original one they had, so now there are three or maybe more factions with two IFF's but 1 ID, can an admin clarify that is it breaking the server rules with this new update if 1 of these 3 official factions use both of the IFF's.

If so why was it implemened and what can be done about it regarding only 1 ID and 2 IFF's or is the new IFF to be seen as a "Guard IFF" back dating a few years ago when there were Guard Systems with for example Liberty Navy Guard and a Liberty Navy IFF.

Just need a green to confirm what the situation is on this.
Jansen, I remember some time ago CR wanted to have an impact on the lore. Now, that you're being offered recognition as a standing republic with different IDs and all that you don't like it. And you still haven't answered my question: Why will =CR= as a faction die after this decision? The Colonial ID is now open to everyone, not just to the official player faction. I don't see how splitting a public ID in half is going to kill the official player faction so please enlighten me.

Edit: I reread your reply and I see what your problem is. My point stands. The =CR= faction can chose any of the two available IFFs and continue to dictate the direction of the lore as long as =CR= is the only official player faction. You can continue role playing military, government and civilian. The government and civilian aspects are only forumlancer anyway. The only difference is that from now on, there will be groups that may differentiate themselves from the military - military is the only aspect present in game at this time.
(04-17-2017, 04:32 PM)Mao Wrote: [ -> ]Jansen, I remember some time ago CR wanted to have an impact on the lore. Now, that you're being offered recognition as a standing republic with different IDs and all that you don't like it. And you still haven't answered my question: Why will =CR= as a faction die after this decision? The Colonial ID is now open to everyone, not just to the official player faction. I don't see how splitting a public ID in half is going to kill the official player faction so please enlighten me.

Being vain here, it's because =CR= is not led by me anymore Wink haha no joking, uh i'm trying to sort the situation out with the CR leadership so they understand what they have been given as not many of the CR players were informed about this and I know I was told.
Good luck! You also raised some valid points and the admins should offer an explanation.
Oh, yeah, what I wanted to ask: Is there a way the Nomads could get copies of the new human bomber weapons please?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10