Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery Mining Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
(01-01-2018, 06:02 PM)Lusitano Wrote: [ -> ]so ... the golem is no longer a mining ship with ALG?!!

No, it was removed due to the large cargo hold, thus allowing for Pscrap and toxic waste to be balanced correctly

(01-01-2018, 06:38 PM)Lusitano Wrote: [ -> ]and also i found on the discovery navmap, on bering system when i was exploring the system, a zone that says military_salvage !!! what id can mine that and where to sell?

Only Junker and Unioner Id's can mine it however currently the field isn't turned on. That will be added in the Mining Update ( When ever that will be)
(01-15-2018, 07:28 AM)Darkseid667 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-17-2017, 08:07 PM)xiphos Wrote: [ -> ]Helium:

$5027 at Planet Miura, Okinawa
$4320 at Osaka Storage Facility, Honshu
$940 at Philadelphia Station, Pennsylvania
$810 at Planet Erie, Pennsylvania
$1170 at Allentown Base, Pennsylvania

Is this list up-to-date? Osaka don't exist anymore. Added the other Buylocations for now

I think Yurasu Station in Sigma 59 and Misaki Station in Rishiri must be added to that list,but I can't remember the prices.

(01-15-2018, 07:43 AM)Samura Heavy Industries Wrote: [ -> ]Where are you able to mine Helium? It seems to me like you can only mine Helium-3.

Yes. Didn't realise, that the locations for Helium are also listed in FLStat. Unlike the rset of the Minable goods. So yeah. I adjusted the prices at the Wiki page for Helium via FLStat after i realised my 'mistake'.

You can also find the rest of the Mineable Commodities with mining locations and buyllocations here: Minable Stuff. I adjusted any mining location and buylocation there via this thread. So kudos to Laz and the other peeps responsible for the updates and generel infos here.

Maybe someone wants to add these to the Helium section in this thread. Or a few of them:

Allentown Base - Pennsylvania - $1170

Canterbury Station - New London - $3047

Dawson Base - Hudson - $1511

Freeport 1 - Omega-3 - $2410

Furyoku Station - Okinawa - $4907

Hikone Base - Pennsylvania - $2789

Kreuzberg Depot - New Berlin - $2319

Manatum Repair Station - Cayman - $6520

Misaki Station - Rishiri $4907

Morioka Base - Shikoku - $1721

Newport Station - Sigma-13 - $2971

Philadelphia Station - Pennsylvania - $940

Planet Erie - Pennsylvania - $810

Planet Miura - Okinawa - $4917

The Ring - New Berlin - $3930

Trafalgar Base - New London - $2011

Yurasu Station - Sigma-59 - $6322
(03-24-2018, 01:32 PM)Gardarik Wrote: [ -> ]Had a rather unpleasant for me experience: bough a Hegemon on Vogtland station, Dresden system. RH ID, RH IFF, 1-2-3-4 slots for Heavy Mining Arrays. I go to Omega 11, stay right beside the bouy indicating I am in the mining zone and... nothing. Shooting the small asteroids around yields nothing. So I went to Dublin, got a Molly ID and tested it on gold - it works, although very slow (as it is supposed to be with wrong ship and IFF). Then, the ship must be fine. What may be the problem for not mining it in Omega 11 with proper ID, IFF and equipment?

If you are mining diamonds in Omega 11, go pick yourself up a Ragnar transport, get a DHC (Daumann Heavy Construction) indie ID and then do some mining. You will fill your hold in a minute or so. If you want to use the Hegemon, continue using DHC ID as it gets a nice bonus for Diamonds. Make sure you are in the right zone, there are 3, the zone furthest from the jumpgate is the diamond zone.
This ship here, the corsair small/medium transport. I use mining turrets of the first 5 slots and you can buy it off Tripoli.
There's two fields for Artifacts (which are mined seperate from Xeno Relics). There's one field in the Malvada cloud of Omicron Gamma, and the southern-most cloud of Omicron Theta
(11-20-2017, 07:23 PM)Discovery Freelancer Tutorials Wrote: [ -> ]Salvager: Heavily armored with a thin profile, the Junker Salvager is the premier vessel for mining scrap and transporting it through hostile space, especially with its light gunboat powercore and weapon armaments. It may either be used as a transport or as a standalone miner/transport hybrid.
Mining Array Hardpoints: Place on slots 4-5-6-7
Can the bonus be acquired if the turrets are placed on 2 of the 4 slots above? (e.g - just 4 and 7)
Regards,
Ariety.
The bonus would be halved.
Rhino Freighter: Liberty light freighter.
IDs: DSE, Xenos, The Order, The Core
Ores: all except Hellium-3
Mining Array Hardpoints: Place on slots 4-5-6-7

7 actually shoots backward

You want 4-5-6-8

Also please replace the word "slots" with hardpoints Smile
I'd like to post a little trick that I discovered tonight mining in Omicron lost for APM.

One problem that I've had during this event is being able to see the ore well. Omicron lost is a very dark system, and the ore that you're mining doesnt have the usual glow or trail fx that most mining field objects do. On top of that, you're looking at a background asteroid field that looks almost identical to the ore chunks you're shooting, and after a long period of time mining it can be very disorienting and headache-inducing trying to pick out the rocks from the background.
For reference, this is what the omicron lost mining field looks like:

Now, tonight I had done a pimpship light change on my rhino to match my other core| ships, and I've grown fond of using the LBlueCone lights for my headlights/docking lights (the docking light slots can be turned on/off with the lights command hotkey, and it's nice having spotlights that illuminate whatever you're aiming at and able to turn off and on at will, nice RP value).
Well, it turns out that those LBlueCone lights (light item # 130) do a very good job of illuminating the Iridium rock chunks in the omicron lost minefield. They have about a 800-1000m illumination range, so they'll highlight/reflect off of close ore chunks but not off of the background asteroids that are further away from you.
All of this ends up creating this effect:

As you can see, the iridium ore chunks are illuminated a cyan color, which makes them incredibly easy to spot and track against the background rocks/starsphere.

I plan to incorporate this into some mining RP that I'm already writing for Core| / APM, but for others who are having similar issues, possibly in other mining fields, I figured this would be a nice trick to pick up.
(11-27-2018, 03:59 AM)andytv22 Wrote: [ -> ]DHC mining silver seems to be having issues! abysmal mining rates. had no issues just after the patch until today.

Yeah. It seems mining zones got changed in the last update. This is the new list. Any places not listed there are no longer active.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16