Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery Mining Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
(10-10-2023, 09:45 AM)kleinsuess2000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-09-2023, 09:56 AM)Demonic Wrote: [ -> ]Pulled this off jammis message on Discord:

good list
So where should they be transported to be sold? I find the last version is completely different from now.

Tbh you might want to use FLCompanion for that. SInce there's no telling when the updated guide will arrive.
THere should be multiple sell points with varying prices depending depending whether you want to go for fast run or big profit.
(10-09-2023, 09:56 AM)Demonic Wrote: [ -> ]Pulled this off jammis message on Discord:

good list
So where should they be transported to be sold? I find the last version is completely different from now.
Ores are mostly sold to the nearby NPC bases for very little. Refined metal can be bought there and transported large distances for profit.

BUT, the most efficient way will eventually be to sell the ore to player PoB witch will then refine it and sell the metal, which you will then buy and transport. The way the prices are set up, PoBs will be able to buy ore for more and sell metal for less then the NPCs and still turn profit.
It's all very confusing... it's hard to take in a lot of new information at once. Do I understand correctly that now I can collect scrap metal where it is? I remember before, there were a lot of fields with garbage in almost any civilized system.
(10-10-2023, 09:51 AM)Helo Wrote: [ -> ]

good list

Tbh you might want to use FLCompanion for that. SInce there's no telling when the updated guide will arrive.
THere should be multiple sell points with varying prices depending depending whether you want to go for fast run or big profit.

I don't use FLCompanion often, but as far as I know, the mineable ores in the game have their values edited in the "prices.cfg" file in the server, and this is not displayed in the player's local file.
(10-10-2023, 10:22 AM)Demonic Wrote: [ -> ]

good list
Ores are mostly sold to the nearby NPC bases for very little. Refined metal can be bought there and transported large distances for profit.

BUT, the most efficient way will eventually be to sell the ore to player PoB witch will then refine it and sell the metal, which you will then buy and transport. The way the prices are set up, PoBs will be able to buy ore for more and sell metal for less then the NPCs and still turn profit.

The problem is that those mines that changed locations don't have proper player PoB near them, let alone witch haven't had time to complete private refine metals in their PoB yet. Maybe its better to hand these ores directly to NPCs for refine for the time being, but does this mean that the previous long-distance transportation routes have been deleted for theses ores?
Since Uranium Ore was moved to the opposite side of the universe, I'm assuming there are new Faction Bonuses involved with the mining thereof?

(10-10-2023, 08:17 PM)Mr.Jamison Wrote: [ -> ]
Since Uranium Ore was moved to the opposite side of the universe, I'm assuming there are new Faction Bonuses involved with the mining thereof?

Uranium Ore doesn't exist any more. Basic Uranium is a standard commodity, but can be mined outside LD 14 in Leeds. In that sense, it's similar to Hydrocarbons or Scrap Metal.
(10-09-2023, 09:56 AM)Demonic Wrote: [ -> ]Silver Ore - Omega 55 [freighter only].
Bonuses: DHC, Kruger, BMM, DSE.

Little mistake here, it is Omega-7 instead (and thus not freighter only).
By the way, are there plans to update the mining guide?
(10-18-2023, 12:47 AM)Burning Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-09-2023, 09:56 AM)Demonic Wrote: [ -> ]Silver Ore - Omega 55 [freighter only].
Bonuses: DHC, Kruger, BMM, DSE.

Little mistake here, it is Omega-7 instead (and thus not freighter only).
By the way, are there plans to update the mining guide?

This was just changed in a hotfix yesterday.
Excuse me, Where exactly is the Copper ore field at the Coronado system, please?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16