Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Friends, Rivals and Tenstions: The Summit at Tombstone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
He remained in the corners, now puffing away on his pipe while listening to the various arguments. The suggestions for the treaty were, not only naive but impractical as well. The more he listened, the more frustrated he became. However when the gentleman who suggested that banning the corsairs from Omega-49 was irrelevent because they wouldn't comply, he found himself relieved at last. Some element of sense had been spoken.

The Battleship will not leave ladies and gentlemen, simply because the Bretonian Armed Forces does not take orders from us. I'm afraid you're all just going to..what was the phrase? Toughen up. You can accept the fact that there is a battleship in this system for the time being and move on from that fact, or you can't and we can continue bickering until someone somewhere has enough. With that in mind, in regards to the corsairs I have a question. Why on earth should we 'live in peace' with people we have been at war with for the last five hundred years? People who have pillaged, murdered and raped their way across Bretonia in all that time using your planet as a base for the last twenty. You say that the Zoners a neutral, if that were true, then you would not be harboring our enemies. To be fair, it almost looks like you invited them if only to keep us out. That doesn't strike me as the actions of a peoples who are 'neutral'. So, in understanding that then, peace with such a peoples is impossible...is anyone here aware of the level of misery and pain and suffering the Corsairs have caused Bretonians? Do you know how much bad blood runs between us? How do they feel about us I wonder, now that is a question I'd like answered. Speak then, Corsairs who be here today, speak and let your opinions be heard.
Duma Lexington almost immediately stood up in anger right away after hearing that Bretonia is not willing to withdraw their forces, forgetting about the law and order of the negotiations even he agreed to in the first place. But in all honesty, it was THE Bretonia propaganda of Anti-Bretonian Front tried to show to Sirius. And right now, it being seen by all the members of the summit, Zoners and non-Zoners alike. Or at least what that man always understood as true face of The Kingdom ever since the cursed BAF battleship appeared in Omega-49.

Duma didn't even care about the long monologue about Bretonian and Corsair relationship. They suffered. So what? So did Zoners. And everyone else in Sirius Sector until now.

But this was the moment he and his organization waited for way too long.

All these threats... Is it open declaration of war, Bretonian?

The latter word had been spoken like an insult - or a name of a very disgusting creature.
Megaera set the glass back on the table and started writing something on a piece of paper, while making sure no one watched.

"Golly is not here. Where do you hide him? They took my sword. The Corsair woman is a silent stone. Voncloud is a silent stone too. Doc is nice, keep him alive. Steiner lost his lawbook. The Zoners and Corsairs stare at the starless universe. The rest is screaming glass."

She stood up and walked past inquisitor Darkness. While passing by, she discreetly pressed the scrap of paper into her hand.

Username removed

While Steiner was talking, Ivan was chewing on some snacks that he had brought from the bar when he suddenly stopped, looked at Steiner for a brief moment and promptly slapped his hand to his face letting out a deep sigh, murmuring some words behind his hand.

"This imbecile..."

Ivan turned his head at Major Grachov.

You're right, we're wasting our time here.

Then Ivan turned to William Steiner.

Why are you even attending?

Before Steiner could answer, Ivan continued.

For the third time now, the whole point of this summit is to find a peaceful solution to that eye sore that your government has craped upon this system, because mister Steiner, there are a lot of people here that would love nothing more than to turn your pretty battleship into smoldering scrap metal for the Junkers to come collect, and guess what, these people have the means to do so.

The only thing that stands between them and your battleship is the system's neutrality, which you are crapping all over.

You can't be sipping tea while getting rammed from the back at the same time, the same rule applies to what I said earlier: If Bretonia wants to have a presence here, your government is going to need to compromise, telling us to "toughen up" is not a compromise.

Then Ivan turned to Grachov again

I've been the one trying to cool things down, now look what they made me say.

I am sure Doc will communicate us the final result of this, wanna get back to New Moscow and cool off with some ice cold vodka?
Leonard had been hoping to pick at the food. But the conversation had been shifting around the point.

His large red cybernetic eye gleaming towards wherever he set his gaze. he turned to look at everyone, the glow fading as the fidelity of the sensor was turned down. He spoke to Doc.

"Pay no attention the sword in the sky. These flappers are jerking you around Doc. The ship is a spectacle of consequences and every one of them is desperately trying to convince you they aren't blatant threats. I mean what else is new ?"

The Brettonian delegates weren't impressive to him.

"Salarymen don't homestead, build hoses, or have anything of their own. Its all handed to them. Via their obedience their entire lives.."

He went to sit near Junius patting him on the shoulder.
Nathan quickly addresses Duma. "I think you are confused. The only Zoner station The Core has sieged is Freeport 11, because that local Zoner population was frequently drawing our ire. You've mixed us up with the Order and the Corsairs. Regardless, look at things now, The Core has ushered in a new era of prosperity for local Zoners through a myriad of infrastructure and mining contracts, as well a protection from hostile forces. Have you visited the Omicrons at all I wonder?". He then turns to Grachov "You think Carthage was at fault? Are you justifying the actions of the Order and the Corsairs in attacking the local Zoner population? Whos side are you on here?".

The Guildkeeper finally turns his attention towards Doc. "Doctor Holiday, it's very clear that a mutual disgust of the Corsairs is shared by all the major parties in attendence. I don't think we can neglect that fact. At the end of the day, you're going to have to pick which colour of warship you want knocking on your door. But if you choose to remove the Corsairs, there will at least be some kind of semi-unified movement between the people in here towards keeping Omega-49 safe from them. That is, if they do not choose to go peacefully".

Upon hearing Ivan's outburst, Nathan rolls his eyes. "Ivan whateveryournameis, it's only by the grace of Bretonia's war with Gallia that they haven't immediately turned their attention towards Omega-52 and pushed you out of there. You shouldn't display such arrogance when you are talking to your superiors. I think that goes for everyone in this room; which of you can claim to be a House?".
Dankien Moebus looks surprised by William Steiner's answer.

«So... basically, you are telling us that you are not allowed to negotiate in the name of Bretonia. Is that right?
Do you also mean that Bretonia does not intend to negotiate?

As for the Corsairs, what you seem to not understand is that omega-49 is actually still owned by the zoners. Bretonia has break into the system but so far the zoners are still considering Bretonia as a guest. If Bretonia dislikes the other guests of the system and is not able to live in peace with them, then I think Bretonia should leave. »
Voncloud sneered at the sheer naivity everyone was showing, and the fact that the Bretonian secretary was echoing the very thing he had said.
"First, id like to thank the Mr Davis for being a little more forthcoming then the lawyer that is here, perhaps it would be best that Mr Steiner recognises his position as just a lawyer and allow those with actual power and knowledge of what the Government is thinking Speak.

He adjusts his glasses looking to Mr Davis

"Now, what your asking, right now the removal of the Corsairs from the planet you obviously do not fathom the sheer amount of chaos that will cause and not just from a military stand point, of course the Corsairs will likely bring down whatever thunder they can muster, but it wont be on you, or the Coalition, no, it will be on the planet on Gran Canaria and those who reside here will be the ones to suffer, not the Armed forces or Coalition Military's it will be the workers and residents who live here that have no part of it in the first place. But the other side is that the Corsairs who do reside on the planet contribute as much, if not more to the economic climate of the planet then most of the other colonies and cities.

He sighs a little, as this summit was close to descending into chaos and he knew it

"The Corsairs, for sometime now haven't even made a whisper about wanting Port Jackson and Bretonian residents removed from the planet, nor Coalition, or mollies or anyone else who happens to be calling Gran Canaria home, the fact that the ones you may call blood thirsty seem to be the more Tolerant people then any of you. It is obviously a big trouble spot what actions they do in Bretonia but that, as harsh as it sounds is a problem for Bretonia in Bretonia space. Last i looked Omega 49 isnt Bretonian space"

He composes himself rubbing the back of his neck and adjusting his glasses once more.

"Fact is, As Mr Davis said the ship is here because they are, as i said a house looking for desperate solutions to protect their people if thats the case then of course let us all sit down and discuss what we can do, but be mindful of your position your certainly not in one to make demands such as removing an entire population from a planet. Especially since you could of gone to one of the systems you still have control over or even found refuge within Liberty. You do not come to this table in a position of power that much is obvious"

"Its Also been mentioned that the Corsairs are allying with the Gallic fleet, this is new information however, its worth considering that there are many factions within the Corsairs, some who have likely remained out of the war. Do you think they will keep themselves out of it once they learn their people were ousted from Gran Canaria because of Bretonia? There is relative peace here even with the Corsair presence, the only ones who risk destroying that are the ones wanting them to leave.
With the situation at hand you have to forget who resides on the planet and instead look at the bigger picture, you can either negotiate and get your people a safe place to be, or you can try and get the population of a people your already fighting to up sticks and move who will likely then join the war effort against you whilst also putting at risk the ability to even use the very sanctuary you are trying to flee to because it will be in Chaos. And i can tell you this much, if conflict arrives at the planet because of your actions, you will find yourselves very much unwelcome by its residents"

Von walks one of the support beams and leans on it looking at everyone with another sigh

"Gran Canaria for the most part, is a peaceful place. You wont find anywhere else where there is such a mix of people from all over Sirius, from both sides of the law. Its a sitcom waiting to be written. Yet somehow without major incident, the past few years everyone have managed to live their lives. Even with Corsairs on the planet Port Jackson is a prosperous part of Gran Canaria it is possible for your people to be planet side with the Corsairs remaining. And this is what you have to really consider, is it worth putting the Safety of your people on the table just to try and oust a population whose brethren are already fighting you?

Yes the Core and maybe even the Coalition could protect the area from the Corsairs, but right now, its not needed they're fleets are not here there is no Conflict in this system beyond some small tussles between fighters once in a while. Why bring MORE conflict where there is none? Because if we were to move on the idea of removing the Corsairs, Omega 49 would no longer remain the neutral space it is now and all you will have is another area of space with conflict.
Dont you think your people deserve to be somewhere where there isn't the constant drum of weapons fire? Fire and flame above their heads?
Let us focus on whats important, getting a safe haven for you, whether that's extending Port Jackson build a second Port Jackson, building a space colony whatever, we have the means to do it but lets focus on that."

Username removed

Ivan stared Nathan in the eyes, with his eyes brows slightly risen, he appeared slightly surprised but also amused.

You address me personally, Nathan? All right let's see.

The Corsairs belong in this summit because of their considerable population in this system.

Bretonia belongs in this summit for obvious reasons.

We belong here because the events are happening at our border.

Mollys belong here because the events are happening at their border.

Ivan paused, shrugged and chewed on some more snacks.

I don't see what worth Core's opinion on any of this is.

Have you come for the free snacks?
Evidentally, the Core delegate was testing Grachov's patience with his words. His tone still remained almost silent, but much, much more sinister.

"Boy. Your momma didn't taught you manners? Thought it was a tradition in libertonian families. To educate their children properly, no? I'm disappointed. Anyway..."

He sighed, as he leaned on the table with both of his hands.

"The only thing you're getting from me, boy, is that I'm on the side of my people. And I might aswell remind you that the same people, who sieged Carthage, were sieging Plesetsk several months later. Except for the Order, who for some odd reason, refused to join the party. I really wonder why they didn't came by to shoot at our precious research center. Or why The Core wasn't there? Why you weren't there, Nathan? Too much Burly Mucho Machos per square inch for you?

Anyway. So the reasons why we don't want Corsairs to be present in the sector are... Pretty obvious. Unless they compensate our wastes for Plesetsk. Which I doubt they are capable of. And also, if it wasn't for NAP... Let's say, Brits wouldn't had such an easy welcome to Omegas."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17