Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Friends, Rivals and Tenstions: The Summit at Tombstone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Voncloud Stood at the window of his luxury apartment in Los Palmas, the morning sun shined through, not at warm as it once was but it still offered the view of the city and the sea. Despite it being the start of the morning Von had been awake for hours prior, it had been sometime since he had been in a diplomatic meeting of any kind. The shadows of the Confederation still haunted him, clouding his mind with doubts and insecurities he knew he had as many victories as he did defeats whilst leading it, but the defeats were what stuck to him most, that seemed to resonate the loudest amongst some of the Zoner people.

It was still the morning but already he had a low ball glass of Gin in his hand the temptation to have more then one glass had been niggling at his mind the entire time he had been awake, but he knew that trying to get to Docs ranch whilst intoxicated would likely lead to him not arriving at all. Finishing his drink he makes his way down to the garages to his car, normally one for the bike he had dressed his best for this meeting, a thick long woollen double breasted coat, decent shirt and trousers, not his usual attire and one he wasn't fond of wearing but he couldn't turn up looking like a complete ragamuffin.

After some driving Voncloud reached the entrance to the ranch it was late morning early afternoon by the time he got there, some shuttles and other vehicles were already present and a few of the guests had congregated outside as another shuttle was preparing to land. Once the Car was at a halt it deployed its lander legs and shut down, Von still inside held his Pistol in hand it was old but it was reliable he knew it had to remain in the car so he placed it in a sports bag he had on the passenger seat, it had all his usual gear inside there as a last resort considering all who were attending.

With his Pistol out of sight he exits the car, straightens out his coat before placing his hands in the pockets and walking up to the main entrance, approaching those who had gathered outside, despite his attire his usual glasses remained on his face, obscuring his eyes from view .
Duma Lexington, the leader of the more radical anarchistic group known as Anti-Bretonian Front, had a really hard morning. While the summit had to entirely take his attention - because he had only a few proverbial steps to where it took place, his mind was clouded by a troubling news: some vessel used ABF insignia to cause mess in--

"Sir?" a tall blondie female wearing the red suit and black insignia threw him out of the mental stasis. "It's time."

The man stood up, already wearing his official uniform, fancy for the normal Zoner standards as if someone would mix up two radically different ideas of a military and business wears. Duma cleared his throat, checked the datapad and went out of his waiting room nearby the chambers of the summit. It looked like some people were still to arrive, so it would take some time for the diplomatic discussion to take place.

"So it begins..."

He looked at the gathered people around in the room. Such a colourful pot made of different men and women, not only by their appearance but culture and customs from which they came.

Duma looked down and scrolled through the datapad, awaiting for the rest of the invited guests.

Username removed

Ivan greeted the coming members in a polite and politically neutral fashion, and ignored them for the rest as he turned back at Major Grachov.

Major, since we're stuck waiting here anyways, do you happen to have a copy of the treaty that the Bretonians proposed with you by any chance? I'd like to give it a last read before I start talking crap.
Dankien left Freeport 8, went through Rheinland, made a stop in a random place to buy food and drinks:
"I guess some contribution will be appreciated"

Finally, he arrived on planet Gran Canaria and looked for Doc Holliday's place. He eventually found it after lurking around a couple of hours. During this time he remembered the last time he met Doc in his ranch, enjoying great discussions, nice fresh food and outdoor trekking.

He knocked at the door, met Doc Holliday and expressed his happiness to meet him again despite of the circumstances.
"It is good to see you! How are you doing?"

After a quick chat Dankien offers his help to prepare the meeting.
"Ok, so let me give you a hand, and I'd like to mention that I've got some food and drinks in my ship. I was not sure how many people would come but in case your pantry is depleted make me a sign."
- Hm. - Winston scanned the gathering as he approached, wondering why on earth were they all just standing there. His tidy, black uniform, bearing both the Guard's, and the Emerald Order's markings, did a pretty good job at announcing his affiliation. He decided to just walk up to the crowd, positioning himself somewhere aside, and just waiting to see what happens. His mind occupied itself with predictions of the summit's topics, and its general course, given the volatile mix of attendees that announced themselves. It was bound to be an entertaining afternoon.
"The treaty, yes." He took a short look at his left hand, in which he still had his small holopad "I have it all here." He then looked at the right, keeping his face under a cap. More and more people were arriving. Some faces he knew and some he didn't. He also noticed a civilian woman approaching them silentl, which made him a little suspicious. "Greetings. Which delegate are you?"
Omega-49, planet Gran Canaria.

Megaera finally located the place where the summit took place and landed nearby. She took her katana and fastened it to her hip. She walked the remaining distance on foot. Upon arriving, she glanced over the gathered crowd and recognised only Voncloud. She smirked and walked past him while whispering: "Chaos arrived."
Too many cooks will spoil the broth, a line that came to the mind of the young smartly dressed Auxesian delegate, who overheard rumors about various attendees that may appear in this summit, he approached his meet up point to encounter his companion, a robot that could have been mistaken for a person from the robe attire that was embedded into their chassis.

Before they began arriving closer, the two raised questions against each other at their meet up point, a point that was set to meet at the summit, which only a 100 yard stroll from their drop off from the transports that taxied them there.

"Hello there! My name is Ronan-"

"Where is emissary Erhardt Grossman? Are you replacing him?" queried the unit, interupting him.

"Oh, that old kraut? Something went wrong with him, something about some deadly flu, but come on, you know he'll ruin the peace summary, he's so old and bitter, I asked - well, no - I begged the council to let me attend and initiate my assessment and they allowed me, besides, I love the Zoner way of life and I normally get sent on tasks to deal with independent parties, and the best thing? I don't have to look up to my peer anymore if I pass this. I really hope nothing goes wrong here, Gran Canaria is such a beautiful place - Oh! I forgot! What's your name - Uhm... Do you have a name? Do I have to be wary of pronouns? I... didn't think I was going to get another partner here, let alone a robot, I thought they wanted to check in-"

"Hmm... I am here to document the delegations, and by the looks of it, I have just found out what my secondary objective is. You. Just call me Hector."

"Hector?" Ronan looks puzzled, tilting his head slightly forward in disbelief.

"Hector."

"Wow. I've heard it all now. Hey, wait a minute, why am I your secondary objecti-" he realised, muttering out in worry, fearing that he has done something wrong to warrant being put on a watch list.

"I have to keep watch of you as you are initating your assessment, they posted me one last task just before arriving here through secure channels, I have to document both the summary and your progress. Don't worry, you're not going in trouble or going to be hurt, I will be here to look out for you. You seem rather excited about this."

They start to approach the building, both readying out their ID and invitation reference, Ronan had readjusted his composure to seem to more professional, ditching his relaxed mentality, following his requirement to stick to protocol as they are not alone anymore.

"Indeed. I want to prove myself, to better myself as a person, show that I'm worthy enough to do this and I believe that people should all have a chance at peace. I hope I get a payrise and maybe even an award for this." he chuckles.

Hector shook his head in amusement, "If only it were that simple."

The two slightly bow politely in unison at the door greeter, then presented their ID and the digital invitation,

"Many greetings to you, we are the representatives of the Covenant of Auxesia, I am observer Hector, this is emissary Ronan."

They both glanced around after the initial greeting, noticing quite a few people were here,

"Hmmmm... It seems the rumors were true," Hector turns to face Ronan, talking in a lowered voice,
"It was said that a wild range of parties were going to attend here, the Coalition have representatives here. "

"I heard about it too, this should be fun."

A Roc landet near the Tombstone Estate and a men get out of it.
He was tall (nearly 2 meters) and defently have a litte overwight. He wars a monk's robe and carry a big, heavy book on his belt, where other People would carry a gun.

"Greetings seekers" he sad when he arrive at the other guests.

"I am Kultist Wenderlein from the Temple of Sirius. My Exarch Balor Leonard Mckenna told me about this meeting. He will also arrive in the near future."
Voncloud also recognised Megera as she walked up, eyeing her wearily, she was an odd one to be sure but he had noticed her sheathed weapon on her hip as she walked, and since she was close enough to whisper to him, she was close for him to put a hand on her shoulder and stop her. He kept his gaze forward but spoke in a stern tone.

"Id remove that Weapon if i were you, this is a peaceful summit. If you have any respect at all, you will go put that back in your ship"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17