Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Friends, Rivals and Tenstions: The Summit at Tombstone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
[Image: ai.jpg]

"Humans. It doesn't matter how often i try it, i will never understand them…"
Paul Mendes was tired, he looks at Doc

We really tried Doc, I don't know how we going to manage this situation. You say they want to deal only with a governor? That could be arranged.

But I'm affraid of the Corsair reaction to all this. What if the Corsairs decide to move fleets into Omega 49 also? Our dearest system will turn into a warzone.

And to get things worst in a few hours, a NEMP will hit the Stirling, i wonder who will Bretonia blame.

In the end, Bretonia could have solved this all situation without any major problems and everyone would be satisfied.

Any ideas Doc. ?

The unknown "Zoner" had been watching for a long time by now, the appearance of Valkyrie, who bears the very same rank like herself, came as a surprise. Then again she remembered that she never informed the Overwatch about her appearance and acted on her own behalf.
Such nonsense they all talked about, Core bigmouthing like usual, like they have any real business in the Omegas! Their pitiful Outpost is almost done for afterall.
And the rest of the people didn't seem to be really helpful either. Time to stand up again..

"My.. aren't you all making a mess out of this? Can't we just list the points we all have to consider and then discuss them properly? More so, can we let the Zoners and Bretonian representatives be the ones to talk first about it? The rest of you are mainly here for advices and suggestions, not to fight each other."
Saying this she gave the weird agressive Zoner a glimpse, then looked at the Core for a longer time and briefly eyed Valkyrie.
"Now.. with the NEMP Warhead and everything.. Doc?"With this she took a seat again, grinning over at Valkyrie, curious if she was trying to blow up Darkness her cover or play along.
Doc was talking with Mendes. "We really do not have time to elect a governor now and I do not think that we can just appoint one. Even if we did, things are about to unravel but if I have accomplished nothing else, the intentions of Bretonia are made and known." He shook his head with a grimace, "I seriously thought we could get something figured out but........look at the mess I have created. Sorry, Paul. That was not my intention. I apologize to you and to all of OSI as you are the current administrators of the system." He sighed, "I should not have gotten back into politics."

"You are right about one thing though, Paul, Bretonia could have solved this but per usual, they choose pride and being pig headed. They cannot win a war, are losing their home and their solution is migrate, take and hope the Gallia does not come." As Doc said that, he thought for a few seconds and a sly grin developed as he spoke to Paul Mendes. He spoke very softly so that he could not be heard by anyone but Paul, "I have casual relations with the Gallic royals and an office on Orleanis. I could...tip them off about this."

He then spoke to Julius but briefly. "No, Brother, I have insulted no one. I have exposed a truth to all and made an attempt for a common solution. If I am guilty of anything it is believing in humanity."
As promised he made his walk over to Mr. Davis but not before he passed his daughter and Alessa. He simply kissed Emiko on the head and gave Alessa a loving smile, "I will be fine." He was close enough to address Mr. Davis where he stood next to his daughter and Alessa.

"We all wanted an amicable solution. We asked for a show of good faith in the recall of the Grimsby. It is quite easy. You tell the commander to withdraw to wherever and explain to the crown later. I do not think that there is a member here that has not had to recall a ship out of necessity and explain things later. My own commander of Med Force One has done that and I trust his judgement implicitly. I will not take armed action against it but I cannot speak for the rest here nor will I be responsible. As it was pointed out, if I flew Med Force One into the orbit of New London, its immediate recall would be ordered by you if you did not destroy it first. This is no different."

He continued, "My offer of diplomacy to Gallia is no insult, Sir. Early on Gallia was hell bent on revenge. Even now I am sure that they too tire of war. My sources tell me that they did offer peace so that tells me it is possible." He then took steps towards Davis. "Is pride so strong that you cannot accept this? If the Crown can think of itself, think of those on Leeds who are being tormented and starved. I have personally gone there to take as many refugees off of that planet as I could. Think of them. Think of their family members who can only hope."
He just gave a nod, "Because if you think the solution is taking this system and running while losing your home, no doubt they will find you eventually. They have driven a lot of Bretonians from their homes. If you do the same to us, you are no better than the ones you fight."

He then looked at the lawyer before he could snap a response, "And piss on your law, Sir. It means nothing here."
He then returned to his daughter's side.
Pride.

Even at the very end, this is what Doctor Holliday projected. A pride stemming from the erroneous belief that his summit without rules in place and a young girl called Magaera harassing one delegate after another was somehow expected to be successful. Instead Holliday opted to blame everything on humanity and not on his administrative and planning capabilities.

"Pride comes before Fall, Doctor.
Thank you for having me at your home.
May the Light guide your Path."

Brother Junius only said as much because of Exarch Leonard's warm relationship with Holliday.

His job here was done. Not a single Zoner delegate, including the host, did not consider opening their doors to the hundreds of millions refugees that were expected to arrive, ultimately they only cared for their interests. They even had the audacity to demand the Stirling to return back to Bretonia, as if the Bretonians were so naive to believe that the Cretans would allow all the defenseless refugees to live in peace after 500 years of pure barbarism.

As he looked ahead, Junius was filled with foreboding. Like the Roman, he seemed to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood". The Unbelievers had the opportunity to reach a humanitarian and peaceful solution, instead they will now suffer the consequences of their actions.

Ultimately, it didn't matter.

The Light would emerge victorious, one way or the other.
Valkyrie nonchalantly did not registered what ‘supreme guild keeper Nachos’ had to say. She in fact snubbed him, treated him like dead air that did not even existed for entire duration of the summit. Megeara proved to be far superior partner to casual talk while she let others argue.

The fanatical Order lady. There was a time she would had laughed out at someone who would suggest such a term. It was a long time ago, times changed. It was quite accurate nowadays. “I have relinquished all my personal weapons, combat knife, even concealed boot knife to not insult our host.” She wasn’t happy with being unequipped, even as a child she was taught to handle dangerous items to build up respect towards weapons and arms. “Are you implying The Crown had sent them as some sort of a suicide mission? Considering they do not do well in this environment, you may have a point there. They do not expect them neither to succeed or perhaps even to return. Sacrificial lambs indeed.”

“Well I do recognize your armor. I do recognize also the face that wears it. I believe he would want this to happen.” Valkyrie petted the Meg in a jest, first time she would actually see her ‘out of character’ in this summit. “If you put your helmet on and seal off completely, you will be safe as long you are not in killzone of the explosion. Though you will have to keep in mind your suit will be covered in radioactive materials and other filth. A full decontamination will be necessary if you want to leave the suit unharmed.”

She watched people leave. The Coalition, they accomplished nothing. Auxesia left an input on the talks only comparable to their negligible legacy few decades after they would turn into space dust after their inevitable defeat. The Core buffoon did not left yet. Eventually even the arch-heretic himself, reliving extremely delayed middle life crisis laced with overindulgence into edgy fantasy had departed. She could not see where the Corsair had moved on. Besides few others who had not participated much it was just her, Zoners, Meg and the still alive slabs of meat in baby-blue tinted uniforms.

The so called Zoner, in reality part of her own order was making another move. Valkyrie presumed her colleague wanted to raise the heat. However everything had collapsed as she had intended, perhaps her achievement surpassed her initial expectations. Before it was her turn to speak, the balance of the discussion shifted radically as Zoners unexpectedly to her raised the rhetoric to another level. Doc impressed her in a way. She would want to make up for the mess she partook with at least an apology. Excusing herself from Meg, she approached Doc Holliday after his daring insult towards Bretonian emissary.

“I sincerely apologize your daughter had to witness this but I personally I believe it was for the best of the Zoner society at large. I did not anticipated you still had the flair to tell them bluntly what you think about them and what they stand for. I salute to you and I extend you the hand of The Order. Both to advise on topics of military and intelligence alike, as well as more… direct assistance as far what we can spare.”
Megaera saw that her crusade caused the church of Sirius to evacuate from the planet, so she walked back to the table and grabbed another apple. This was the third apple she had during the summit. The first was thrown at Voncloud, a theatrical gesture and a reference to the apple of discord. The second apple was eaten. The third would be given to the one who made her day even more entertaining than it already was. She took it to Valkyrie, who stood next to Doc Holliday, and interrupted her.

"Order lady. Maybe you would look even more badass when taking a bite from this apple."

Megaera walked off casually after she handed over the apple. She looked around the room that became alot more quiet now. She looked at O'driscoll. She seemed nice but Megaera could not understand half of what she said. She only nodded at her and headed back to her spot at the table.
Nathan knew he had hit a nerve among the Order agents, and that was enough for him. Upon seeing the Inquisitor pet Megera like an animal, he realised how strange those two looked together and didn't want to be associated with them and their weird fetish play.

Getting back on topic, he turns to address Paul Mendes. "What do you mean you've tried?" He says, shocked at the lack of focus from Zoner delegation in this summit. "If I'm perfectly honest, I don't think the Zoner attendees at this meeting have done anything other than constantly remind the summit participants how neutral and pacifistic they are. Dare I say, whilst Duma's ideas have been terrible, they've been at least been headstrong in trying to move towards an end goal. This summit demands action. Carpe diem. What's the point in any of us being here otherwise? It's been enjoyable getting under the skin of my adversaries in this rare oppertunity, but even I grow tired of toying with them, and would rather have things draw to a conclusion".

Nathan then looks at Doc Holiday, moving his arms with each word as he speaks. "Doc Holiday, war will come to Omega-49. It could come tomorrow, next week, next month, next year - whenever. Gran Canaria is a resource. Currently, you are fortunate enough to control that resource. But no matter how many peace offerings, contracts, deliveries and selfless acts of diplomacy you make to local groups, from the moment you step foot on this Planet you made it a target of desire. In the face of many of the participants here, the Zoners are a largely powerless group, especially versus Bretonia. You think the Commies can back you up? The Coalition will offer about as much significant military support as a Mosquito; even they know this, it's why they made their NAP. Christ, if even embaressments like the Order of all people can terrify you with a bomb threat from an entire region away, how can you stand against a House a mere jump from you? And in any endeavour Bretonia pursues, I can guarantee Liberty will be right behind them. And say if Gallia cleaves their way through both, Gran Canaria won't stand a damn chance. What can you even offer Gallia, or even their Corsair allies, that wouldn't be easier for them to just simply take by force?".

He momentarily turns to gaze out the window into the courtyard, looking at the Core shuttle and marines outside, before turning back to the summit. "I'll level with you. It boils down to this: you need to pick the path with the least bloodshed, and the side that can protect you the most. As myself and others have repeated multiple times, there can at least be some form of united front against the Corsairs in Omega-49 if, after you expell their colonists, they choose to retaliate. All Bretonia wants is a guarantee their colonists can be protected, which is by the removal of one Sirius' greatest blights from this system. One thing The Core can provide is expert military guidance, training and counsel if you do face the wrath of the Corsairs. I wouldn't take anything the Order is selling; on Tomioka, we trained up Samura and they trained up the Blood Dragons - Samura are the ones who came out on top".

"Either way, you can't just fold your arms and demand everyone plays to your neutrality. It's not how Sirius works. There are greater forces at work, in constant motion, outside of your little bubble in this system. The CoF dissolving was a direct consequence of that".

Doc replied candidly to Nathan.
"Is that what you think? You think that we think that everyone needs to play to our neutrality? Many of those colonists on this planet who are of Corsair background were born here when people decided that they were tired of their old way of life. I helped deliver a good many of them. The only violent acts between people have been in Port Canaria bars where bounty hunters, Mollys, Corsairs and others have decided to beat their chests at each other and resort to old ways. There have been no reports of acts against the colony of Port Jackson by Corsairs or anyone nor have any Bretonians settled old grudges against Corsair colonists, a majority of whom are women and children but per usual, like so many others, you tell us that we have to pick sides."
He gave a nod, "I guess you are right, war is at our doorstep because the instant we take action against a ship who loiters in a no fire zone under the guise of we are waiting for someone, we are fixing something in the ship or we are making preparations or whatever the reason, a firefight starts and when we enforce it we always hear about picking sides. THAT is why the CoF, ZDF, CoZ and other Zoner defense or groups failed. I mean, how dare we defend ourselves!"
He nodded again, "I so wish Commander Chara of Freeport 6 was here. He is exactly what YOU would want in a Zoner. He srapped three ships violating the No fire zone at his base. No one bothers him."

He then addressed Valkrie. "Thank you. Emiko has seen this before. At this point, I do not know where to go. More than likely, I will batten down the hatches here, evacuate what Med Force assets I have here and prepare for the worse, even if I have to die myself in the fight. On the ground, I can well hold my own."

He found O'Driscoll and extended his hand. "My apologies but in all of this I have said little to you. Thank you for coming and it is a pleasure to finally meet you. Perhaps we can meet privately some time under less tense circumstances." With that, he got to an open area and addressed everyone.

"Well, I guess I have failed here," he explained. "I seriously thought that people could put aside difference to work on a common goal. I was wrong. I was very, very wrong. I think what I will do next is work with the local Zoner groups to work a solution. I mean no disrespect to anyone here but with so much laundry between others groups, we need to start with those who live here. Just know this, those who live on this planet will be continued to be looked after be it a Bretonian refugee at Port Jackson or a Cretan child on a farm. Until then, I am calling an end to discussion as we all have issues to resolve on our own before we do amongst each other."

With that, Doc went over to Alessa and Emiko. "Emiko, Dahlin', once the crowds disperse, the three of us need to talk."
Dankien approaches Doc.

« Thank you for organizing the summit. Despite what you just said, I am convinced that was the thing to do. There was an agreement from the zoner side to host Bretonian refugees but Bretonia prefered to camp on its position, claiming without offering. We cannot be blamed for that. Believe me, Bretonia was not here to negotiate.

But now that a "zoner" ship has sent a nemp on the Stirling you can be sure that the zoner will be blamed for assaulting Bretonia. The fact it happened before the end of the summit suggests to me that someone wanted the summit to fail. I would pay a lot to know the identity of the sponsor of this attack: truly zoner? Bretonia? Other?

Well, unless you need here, I will leave to prepare the Seraphim fleet for the upcoming actions. And please, contact me if you need my assistance. »

Saluting Paul Mendes :

« I am sorry this was a failure, I do hope the war won't come to omega-49. Anyway, OSI can count on the Seraphim to help the civilians of the system. Call us if you need our support. »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17