Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: "The Patriot" A bar on Leeds..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
[Image: BAR2.png]

Not far from the "workers" apartment buildings in Leeds Capitol city, there is a bar, opened not so long ago, called "The Patriot", workers, and soldiers gather here to share a drink and a story, to see who's left after the recent bombardments by the Kusari.

The owner, Charles Carmichael, a former dock worker bought it with some of his work buddies, it's located underground, in a shelter.

Two guards stand outside the door, carrying the Insignia of the Citizens Army, they search & scan you as you stand by the door, all weapons are taken away from you and put into safety boxes by the entrance.

//If you feel the need of having weapons then you need to PM PRIOR to bringing them into the bar and explain HOW that would work, they are using military scanners//

The bar is lightly dimmed at night, but candle lit lights up the room and gives the bar a rustic sensation, there are two bartenders, one female, a woman in her late 30's and a man in his 40's.

The women, Christina has worked bars since she was 17, her shoulder length brown hair with brown eyes, her friendly smile gives her a pleasant aura to be around and to talk to.

The man, Tyson, a bulky man, with a jolly behavior, he has a beer belly that some would be envied of but carries it with pride, big scruffy beard and little to no hair, he still makes one feel safe when talking to him.

While walking down the metal stairs one can see a couple of dock workers sitting by the bar having a beer or two and eating something that they seam to enjoy extremely.

A man you may have seen on posters around Bretonia and in announcements over the local communications arrays, as Eric Connors, the commander of the Citizens army, sits talking with another, younger man carrying the same insignia seen on the guards outside, in a corner of a bar, each with a pint in their hands, they are smiling and seams to have a good time.

Eric: So what happened next, Jack?

Jason: Well, so there I was, facing three corsairs, while I had to protect the miner that hired me, I was in a dog fight with one of the bugger's while the other two where extorting money of the Miner.

Eric nods and listens taking a sip of his drink.

Jason: Yeah so, I thought, there is NO way I can take down these three on my own, but I could scare 'em of if I take down one of 'em.

Eric: Right, if you can't win, flee, or make them flee?

Eric looks a little intruiged

Jason: Right, so while dogfighting one of 'em, I switched movement, directly at one of the not moving 'sairs, loaded a nova into my tube and locked on.. Then fired.. While shooting at his shields, before he had a chance to react he was turned into space dust!

Eric began to laugh as did Jason..
Dr. Thomas Grayson Turned the corner and ran down the block. He was still in his green scrubs but with a light black jacket over top to keep himself warm as a last minute thought. He turned the next corner and saw the sign to "The Patriot" and ran a bit faster. At the door he was about to be stopped by two guards outside the door but he pushed them aside quickly and ran it.

Inside, he found it was darker and his intrusion made everyone stare at him for a second until they thought nothing of it and went on with their drinks. Dr. Grayson found what he was looking for and stormed over towards the bar.

He was about to rudely get someones attention then the guards finally caught up to him and pulled him back. He struggled with them then pulled out his ID.

"BCA! I'm Dr. Thomas Grayson! Bretonian Civilian army's doctor!", he yelled at the at the guards swinging his ID around. One of the guards looked at him and the ID, then told the other guard to let him go. They simply left without another word grumbling that he should check with them first next time.

Thomas brushed himself off and sat down beside a man at the bar.

"Eric, we need to talk."
Eric and Jackson looked towards the Doctor making a scene, Jackson smiled slightly, while Eric looked a bit stricken, he looked down to a datapad and at the line blinking:

Medical Equipment

"Damnit" he thought to himself..

As the Doctor sat next to Eric, Jackson stood up and went to the bar to grab another beer.

Eric: Doc, I was about to call you..

Eric wasn't lying, Eric knew why the doc was upset, or actually by the red gleam in his eyes foretold, mad as hell.. The equipment needed to actually have a doctor doing what he does, conducting emergency surgery in space requires specialized equipment and personnel.

Eric: I have fixed the equipment.. It will be ready for the launch of your ship.. And about the ship, we have people -he motions to some of the dock workers by the bar close to Jackson- have been working on it, so it's ready for duty..

He put the datapad containing the list of supplies and equipment, specs of the ship and everything, on the table in front of them.

Eric: Have a look..

He only hoped that Grayson would be happy with what he had been able to get together under such a short time..
The young lady glanced at her PDA then at the building in front of her smiling as she confirmed she had found the place she was after. The streets on the way to the establishment had noticabley gotten more and more foreboding as she had set foot upon the cold industrial district of the city home to its docks until she had at last had come upon the establishment in the part which was home to a lot of the workers. The street itself had been all but deserted but for the guards that stood at the door. She wasn't scared even if she had come alone without Oliver the man whom was an undercover MI5 operative that posed as her butler. Alas as soon as the words had left her mouth that she was coming here alone he would not accept any refusal for his accompanying her, even if she had refused she knew he would have just ghosted her movements all the way here and home again.

The young ladies long blonde hair flowed down her back tucked gently behind her ears. Her smile was warm she was most happy to be wearing her favorite white dress. It had been crafted by the finest materials in a style long forgotten from the Victorian times an era which had been lost to all but the most vigiliant historians devoted to old Earth and the human races original home. She gracefully walked leisurely upto the guards who turned to address her in great surprise as they realised that they were suddenly face to face with what could only be a member of the nobility or a person of great wealth.

The young lady just smiled as she kept walking to go on through but found herself suddenly blocked. Upon seeing her face clearly the guards had become suspicious of her age, "Exscuse me young miss may I see some identification please?" "Certainly sir here is my PDA. You will see that I have just turned 18 a fortnight ago not that that matters." She said cheerfully as she turned to the guard on her left amused as she scrutinised his uniform she handed him her PDA which he had handed back even before it had left her hand. "My apologies my lady go on in." He said standing straight his hand half way between a salute before he decided it was a better idea to bow instead. She moved onto the door which she turned the handle and attempted to pull it open only to find it being very stubborn and uncooperative. The second guard had moved to assist her the young lady moving out of the way as he spoke, "Here allow me." The door opened with ease for him which she frowned at but it faded as she smiled her gratitude as she heard Oliver talking just out of earshot for her.

She entered and found Oliver suddenly at her side as they descended the steps together to sit at one of the far tables which wasn't occupied. Many different smells greeted her the one that pleased her most was of the smell of home cooking which she wondered in great anticipation what the food would be like while some of the other smells were less than desirable. She looked around her taking in all the interesting people as well as the surroundings while she mused over with great curiousity what Oliver might have said that would allow him to enter with his various arms. If memory served her he had at least two guns hidden on his person.

She suddenly found that a drink had been placed in front of her as she wondered when Oliver had had the time to vanish and return without her seeing. She took a sip to find it was some kind of wine eyeing it suspiciously before taking another sip she decided it was rather delicious. She sat there sipping slowly on her estranged wine as she waited for her friend to arrive.
Thomas looked the list over three times. each time he frowned once or twice, not liking what he saw.

After the second time reading it he ordered a light wine and sipped it as he marked and added things to a list. His anger died down and he was secretly surprised in what he found on the list. Some of these things would be missed by someone who was not a doctor, or someone without a medical background. The irony in this is he forgot the most basic things.

"You insult your own knowledge sometimes Eric. Why the hell you you think of getting a AED and a Spirometer, along with other expensive things, while not even giving me any surgical blades or any gloves?!", He yelled at him. Seeing that he yelled and was getting nasty looks again, he took a deep breath and finished his drink off before he looked at Connors again.

"Look, I know we don't really have any credits to pay this all off, but I still need these things to operate. Also, I'm going to have to hire my own crew. I can't have grunt workers digging their hands into someones chest," He said calmly as he passed the datapad back to him, "But I'll still need a few more things before I can start off in space. I'm fine working on Leeds for now at the hospital, but I need to go into space."
Eric Connors, a patient man, but still a military man did not like one bit being yelled at, especially by someone who had not thought that all he had gotten so far had come out of his own pockets, his savings where drying out but not only that but most equipment where things donated to them by workers on Leeds, a general hospital and some Border World Export suits.

He hated to beg for help, but he knew he had to, they needed the equipment and they needed Grayson, so he had no choice to adhere to what the good Doctor asked.

Eric: Look.. Doctor.. I had thought that a doctor such as yourself got their hands on simple things like those you mentioned, that was why I concentrated on the more... Different and expensive equipment to get.

He took a moment to finish his pint, looking at the doctor at the same time as the looked at the data pad, on which the doctor had added a number of more supplies.

Eric: I will talk to my contacts and see if I can get them by tomorrow.. Sounds good? Doctor?

He pushed a button on the PDA and check his contact list, double checked it and then switched to his personal account.

89 million credits, left on his personal savings account, all of which gained after he sold his ex-wifes house, the personal ship and most of his belongings..

Eric: You got it.. You'l get what you need.. But remember.. This isn't the Armed Forces, we don't have the resources needed for extensive operations in space, you have to re-supply once in awhile..

He growled a little, he knew the doctor was one of the best.. And they needed him, he kept telling himself that all the time..

At the bar sat Jackson, observing the young girl that walked into the Bar...

"Isn't that.. Countess Tarrant" He thought to himself, he noticed the other workers staring at her, he had heard the "My lady" coming from the guards by the entrance..

He fixed his hair, and drank the rest of his pint as he walked over to the Countess, her.. Butler seamed trained, unlikely just another Butler, most probably a body guard as well.

He bowed his head at her as he was a meter away

"May I take a seat, my lady?"
When Connors first started speaking, Grayson was about to yell again until Connors said the things would be in by tomorrow. Grayson order another drink and nodded when Connors said the BCA had limited funds.

"Ok, that works. Sorry about yelling at you there. I'm just getting frustrated working between the hospitals here and the St. Mary's. I'll just go and get the things I mentioned myself. I know we are very limited funds so I'll pay them myself also," he said as he got his drink. It was the wrong kind but he was too tied to fuss about it. He drank it and slouched with a sigh.

"So, Whats next on the list?"
When Razor came back to his homeworld of Bretonia he went to the system called Leeds to see if there any trouble with the local pirates, after taking the trade lane from New London to Planet Leeds, Razor saw nothing but a few transport ships around Planet Leeds, he decided to land and have a few drink at the bar, so he did. While walking around looking for a bar he saw two guards in front of a door and above there was sign saying "The Patriot" he went over to the guards and asked, "Is this some kind of a bar?" one of the guards replied "Yes sir - we have to take your weapons if your going in." he replies "Fine." so the guards took his blaster and he went inside while walking down the stairs he saw a couple of workers having a beer and sharing stories, he continued walking and he entered the bar, he looked around and saw the Commander of the Citizens Army, he walked over to one of the tables near the exit and called for the waitress and said "Bretonian Scotch please." the waitress replied "Coming right up." he looked around while waiting for his drink he saw a couple of people that had the same insignia as the guards outside he thought "Those are probably the Citizens Army recruits." after awhile he got his drink he just sat there thinking about that one encounter that he was so lucky he got out alive.
The two guards standing at the door gasped, mostly out of anything other than excitement, one guard even hurried to open the door for the man. He nodded lightly and smiled a bit, walking into the bar.

"The Patriots." Austin said lightly as he entered. The bar was quite lovely, and was the home of this new Militia that seemed to have popped up, and it was a bar that he kept enjoying. Even though he had to pay the barkeep and a few customers extra to keep their mouths shut.

Though about weeks of being on the run, most people here kept his secret and didn't bother telling anyone that Austin Goodman, the wanted fugitive and former hero of Bretonia was indeed still in Bretonia and visiting a local pub.

Continuing on his way further into the pub, he found a table far way from most people and sat down, taking a quick note of someone who wasn't a regular here, or at least not someone he'd know or has seen. He shrugged a bit and propped his arm up on the table, then rested his chin in his hand.
Eric nodded at Razor as he entered the bar and then looked back at Thomas, his eyes showed some excitement, even if they where beginning to show signs of age, his dark bushy eyebrows raised slightly as he smiled.

Eric: Now Thomas, we wait, we wait for the army to grow, we can not fight without soldiers..

How ever, I am concerned, we need people that are experienced in spacial warfare, we need trainers, experienced officers to give assistance.

I know that the armed forces know we have their back and I want to know that they have ours, but I am not sure anymore..

I have a bad feeling, something is gnawing me..

Something I don't like at all..

He motioned to the waitress and at the pint, she nodded, smiled and went to get a refill.
Eric knew Carmichael, and knew he was a stand up guy, he wanted to fight as much as the rest in here.

He know saw her, the Countess, 18 year old, she was a diplomat, something he would never understand, how could one so inexperienced be a diplomat.

One should know the dangers of what is out there before one can actually discuss life and culture with someone else, that isn't of the same culture.

Eric knew that Rheinland was very different from Bretonia, so was Kusari, of course Liberty, ah yes our so called Allies, what have they done for us lately? Nothing.. Nothing at all..

They are in war sure, as we are, but they should stop sending spooks to Bretonia without being invited..

He sighed..

Then, Austin Goodman came into the bar, he blinked twice, stood up and took his drink and said hastily to the good doctor;

Eric: I think you should accompany me.. Grayson, we just got visited by a hero..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19