Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Uncapping FPS in Freelancer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
So hey there. I bought that video card, Radeon HD 6670, some time ago. Before with my real crappy video card I had FPS around 150 with V-Sync turned off. Everything worked fine. Now, after I installed my new video card and removed the old, something is capping my FPS in Freelancer. Even after I turned off the V-Sync in the control panel, it is stuck to 60 fps. Not more not less. Whatever I am trying, I can't inrease the FPS, therefore PvP or any other actions, that require fast reactions or something similar aren't possible.

So I am asking you if anyone got some experience about that, since I don't have much knowledge about that topic at all. I could need more than 60 fps to play properly. Hope you can help me with something or so. Thanks in advance for your time.
You just need to force off V-sync. Works fine for me but the resultant screen tearing is astronomically bad, worse than I've seen in any other game.

Before anyone tries telling him he doesn't need more than 60 fps because his monitor can't display it and his eye wouldn't be able to tell the difference, don't. It makes a significant improvement in mouse precision and lowers input delay.
You don't need more that 60 FPS. :rtfm:
' Wrote:You just need to force off V-sync. Works fine for me but the resultant screen tearing is astronomically bad, worse than I've seen in any other game.

Before anyone tries telling him he doesn't need more than 60 fps because his monitor can't display it and his eye wouldn't be able to tell the difference, don't. It makes a significant improvement in mouse precision and lowers input delay.

Well, I tried exactly that. But it didn't work. Though, the AMD settings might be a bit different, whats maybe the main reason why I can't turn it off somehow. But I am sure I already turned it off and my FPS are still capped...what do?
AMD graphics drivers were always pretty bad. Can you tell me what your full screen application settings are all set to?
You will ruin your gpu if you go over 60
if you run at max fps your gpu will work always at 99% meaning more heat, more power, less life time
if you run at 60 fps your gpu will work around 30-50%, less heat, less power, more life time

it's your choice
gpus are outdated after a few months anyway =]
Mine stops at 75 FPS with my Ati 5770.

Not uncapped or anything

:L
' Wrote:You will ruin your gpu if you go over 60
if you run at max fps your gpu will work always at 99% meaning more heat, more power, less life time
if you run at 60 fps your gpu will work around 30-50%, less heat, less power, more life time

it's your choice
Freelancer seems to have a hard cap at 180 fps anyway. Nothing I do will increase it beyond that even though my system is capable of more.
I`m using Dxtory to reduc my FPS. You should try this Lennox ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7