Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Uncapping FPS in Freelancer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(12-24-2012, 02:08 PM)madvillain Wrote: [ -> ]isnt going over 180 fps considerend cheating?

my fps is normally 170-180 :S
more fps => more heat => less life for gpu
I have exactly same problem, 60 FPS since summer when i bought new LCD monitor. When i had old CRT i had FPS far more than 100. And lennox is right, its big difference, i am like a noob in aiming since summerSmile
I`ll try that RadeonPro, hope it will works.

EDIT: I tried radeonpro, sadly doesn`t work good for me. FPS stucked at 65 and sometimes (especially in bigger fights) raise to 150 (and fall back quickly). Disco runs less smooth and is full of artefacts. Anyway, i`ll keep testing to see some improvement.
(12-24-2012, 07:13 PM)Whenawhere Wrote: [ -> ]I have exactly same problem, 60 FPS since summer when i bought new LCD monitor. When i had old CRT i had FPS far more than 100. And lennox is right, its big difference, i am like a noob in aiming since summerSmile
I`ll try that RadeonPro, hope it will works.

EDIT: I tried radeonpro, sadly doesn`t work good for me. FPS stucked at 65 and sometimes (especially in bigger fights) raise to 150 (and fall back quickly). Disco runs less smooth and is full of artefacts. Anyway, i`ll keep testing to see some improvement.

Which video card you have? Have you tweaked any other settings apart from the VSync one? Have you ticket "Agressive API detection"?
Did you pick the correct version? There's some 2012 version but it doesn't work correctly. You must download the 2011 release.

I have a 7850 and my settings look like this: http://i50.tinypic.com/1zv34p1.jpg
Apart from these settings, DON'T change anything!
I have 4850, i downloaded version you suggest and used exactly those settings you told. it just doesnt work correctly, i`ll test it in real fight, will see what happen.
The FPS should be unlocked from the very beginning.
Seems that it works good now (FPS 150-170 all the time), i wonder what changed since morning. Except i was more sober previously. I am looking forward to see how it will work tommorowSmile
You could try to use one of those drivers, not sure if its going to give you the options you need though.
60 FPS is enough for Freelancer (as any other action game too, i suppose).
I feel negative effects only when it gets below 40-45 FPS.

Edit: Futhermore, ppl, FPS higher then that is just a virtual number. With LCD monitor pixel reaction time of.. ~10 MS and refresh rate of 60-75 Hz it WILL NOT SHOW YOU MORE FRAMES THAN THAT.
High "FPS" will only make your ship buzzling in space. Damn cheaters.
(12-27-2012, 08:15 AM)Sava Wrote: [ -> ]60 FPS is enough for Freelancer (as any other action game too, i suppose).
I feel negative effects only when it gets below 40-45 FPS.

Edit: Futhermore, ppl, FPS higher then that is just a virtual number. With LCD monitor pixel reaction time of.. ~10 MS and refresh rate of 60-75 Hz it WILL NOT SHOW YOU MORE FRAMES THAN THAT.
High "FPS" will only make your ship buzzling in space. Damn cheaters.

Yap, 60 FPS is enough, to be honest Freelancer goes smoother with v-sync on. Problem is with mouse receptivness as Lennox said. I had 75 FPS with old monitor and everything was right, i bought new and i got massive mouselag which makes aiming much harder. Now with FPS 145-170 i can aim properly again.
Anyway, i hadn`t test it in PvP. If someone tell me that i jitter a lot, i will turn v-sync on again. I hate cheaters too.Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7