Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Uncapping FPS in Freelancer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(06-06-2014, 04:32 PM)aakopa Wrote: [ -> ]How you can play with over 60 fps I wonder? Microshuttering makes me sick with higher fpses.
For me:
V-Sync on - stuck at 60FPS + horrible mouse lag + all kinds of stuttering.
V-Sync off - 120FPS (limited) + no mouse lag + no stuttering.
(06-06-2014, 04:24 PM)Corundum Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like some smartass decided to remove the "Aggressive API detection" option in the newer versions of Radeon Pro.

Without that option the program just refuses to work with Freelancer. So I'm stuck with V-Sync turned on and the resulting unbearable mouse lag. It takes about 1/5th second for something to happen on the screen after moving the mouse.

Unfortunately, the older versions that work with Freelancer are incompatible with the newer R9 series GPUs.
Any ideas how to get rid of the V-Sync? Game is unplayable right now.

You should be able to turn V-Sync off on your graphics card menu. As for limiting it, assuming that'll be an issue for you, I use the OSD for MSI Afterburner. If you don't know how to turn V-Sync off for your card, when in doubt google is your friend.
(06-06-2014, 06:26 PM)Evo Wrote: [ -> ]You should be able to turn V-Sync off on your graphics card menu. As for limiting it, assuming that'll be an issue for you, I use the OSD for MSI Afterburner.

That was the first thing I tried. There's such option but it does nothing.
I read somewhere that it applies only to OpenGL applications.

There are some old programs like Ati Tray Tool but that one is so outdated it won't even start.

For now I limited the framerate to 59FPS which negated some of the lag. Looks like I'm going to stick with gunboats for now.

EDIT: Due to a lack of an actual solution of the problem I had to work around it. Now when I'm playing Freelancer I connect the monitor to the integrated GPU and use older version of Radeon Pro to disable V-Sync. When playing more demanding games I connect the monitor to the R9 290.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7