Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: IRG - Faction Leader Change.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
May I ask why the change of leadership is so very important that you push on it? What prevents you from RPing normally?
(07-03-2017, 01:31 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]May I ask why the change of leadership is so very important that you push on it? What prevents you from RPing normally?

Because of being actively involved into matters related to official factions, currently we are totally outlined !!!
The RP about a leaders change is already in the pipeline, but doing it requires officialty. There isn't a need to start RPing it when it can be pulled down ooRP in the first place.
(07-03-2017, 01:26 PM)HassLHoFF™ Wrote: [ -> ] As same as there isn't such a rule for it, there isn't a rule against it, so it generally means to me and or hopefully all factions that relations internally in official factions and factions overall are kept to be matters of own choice with only required server staff involvement.

Back when the GRN incident happened (that was 2010 or 2011 I think?), an administrator very clearly stated to us we could not oust the 1IC. The only way was for him to step down. Hence my post.
(07-03-2017, 02:08 PM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-03-2017, 01:26 PM)HassLHoFF™ Wrote: [ -> ] As same as there isn't such a rule for it, there isn't a rule against it, so it generally means to me and or hopefully all factions that relations internally in official factions and factions overall are kept to be matters of own choice with only required server staff involvement.

Back when the GRN incident happened (that was 2010 or 2011 I think?), an administrator very clearly stated to us we could not oust the 1IC. The only way was for him to step down. Hence my post.

Is it in green or just in a skype conversation? If not, I mean, this literally means leader tyranny backed by rules. - Which certainly goes against an inRP environment somehow.
(07-03-2017, 01:48 PM)HassLHoFF™ Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-03-2017, 01:31 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]May I ask why the change of leadership is so very important that you push on it? What prevents you from RPing normally?

Because of being actively involved into matters related to official factions, currently we are totally outlined !!!
The RP about a leaders change is already in the pipeline, but doing it requires officialty. There isn't a need to start RPing it when it can be pulled down ooRP in the first place.

I don't mean the leadership change RP. I mean RP in general. You don't need to be the 1iC to RP with other factions and stuff. Just go on and do it, be it Tangier, Canaria and all the other messes IRG is involved with.
(07-03-2017, 02:14 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-03-2017, 01:48 PM)HassLHoFF™ Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't mean the leadership change RP. I mean RP in general. You don't need to be the 1iC to RP with other factions and stuff. Just go on and do it, be it Tangier, Canaria and all the other messes IRG is involved with.

This is out of question, of course we do this.
Wait... Did your 1iC give confirmation that someone else can lead?
Instead of doing things the polite way and non scummy way. You decided to pretty much coup Erzie. People like Nyx and Vendetta come to his Defense and i see the complete opposite from people like Golanski who dosent like him at all. We all should agree this is not right. He is the 1ic and there is no rule on "voting him out" I really enjoyed my RP with Erzie, even my SRP was doing some stuff with the faction but now... im not so sure. This is not right.
As someone watching from the side lines, I can see this from both sides but I see IRG is more right then Ven, Nyx or even you Kalh. If Erzie did leave without telling his faction, thats his own fault and on his head alone, so they are well within their rights to vote if he told them absolutely nothing. The problem is, it appears he only told Aux members, rather then IRG, so this is not only in his hands, as Nyx and Vendetta said in earlier posts, Erzie told them he was leaving for whatever amount of time. However on the flip side, his faction, was told nothing and left in the dark.

Needless to say, viewing this from a 3rd party. Neither IRG's members, nor Nyx, Ven or Kalh are right in their places. Yes its a dick move to vote him out, however at the same time, IRG was told nothing about the subject. All in all, I can understand the admins giving it a month to see how things go before they do anything about it.

Facing two facts here, its not right to force IRG's members to do anything if your not in the faction. As IRG made clear, their moving his char from the faction, not stopping his RP, I double checked to make sure and understand what he meant, and that would not ruin anyone's RP with Erzie. Yet I will back lash IRG at least, to remain neutral as I can. To IRG, you should of asked around before pulling the 'voting' out, thats my personal opinion. Its clear Ven, Nyx (and maybe Kalh?) knew about Erzie leaving for a break, so rather then doing the voting, perhaps you could of asked around first off? To the others. Yes, they were wrong, however you don't need to go biting the head off before anything happens. Nyx was kind enough to give a second life, and they didn't even stop or ruin his RP at that.

From both sides, and I will say this, were wrong in what they did. One being IRG, you should of held off the voting and asked around, and other side, you should of held off the hate and bitterness TILL you told them in a more calm matter what the situation is.

Knowing Erzies position and why he most likely left, I say its respectful to give a month (idk how long he'll be away personally) to see where things go. However I personally, as the 3rd party person at least, like to ask or to provide some details here so we can at least know fully what happened to Erzie (I can make a shot in the dark guess, but its only a guess..) so at least all parties know please.

I'm not blaming anyone wrong, but the matter this situation was handled in could of been a lot better from both sides...thats just my point of view anyways
(07-03-2017, 04:37 PM)Kalhmera Wrote: [ -> ]Instead of doing things the polite way and non scummy way.

Pray tell, what is the polite non scummy way to replace an inactive leader?

From my perspective, its been 34 days since the 1IC has logged into the forums
even longer since he logged into skype
and even longer still since he communicated on the faction chat.

Either way, thanks to the admin team, I guess we'll wait another 30 days, on top of the 34 we've gone so far without a leader, because the entire faction (including its original creator) making a motion for an active leader isn't as important as keeping a absentee player "in command"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9