Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Brotherhood Message Dump
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Comm ID: Elder Costello
To: Everyone!

Can someone please explain to me what the **** is going on?!, ive been out of the loop for 2 or 3 days and everything has gone to pot.

So please can someone tell me why our ties with the SCRA have been broken?.

From what i can read from these messages it has something to do with the ICO and there trade deal that was finalized (that i had no say in i might add).

Ive heard over there own comm's that these ICO plan to be changing there ID to BH, surely we can not have dealing with that kind of scum?.

The SCRA can be a pain in the ass sometimes i no and ive had my own misgivings about there intentions but this?.

So can someone tell me what actually happened?..

End transmission.
To: Elder Costello
Comm. ID: Ares

Message Begins//

Right, you sent that message on open comms, so I think I should explain what happened.

Essentially, it boils down to this: Montoya screwed up.

He was mistakenly treating with ICO, whom the SCRA have had trouble with before. This ICO group have, in the past, even claimed to have stolen Corsair ships. They aid the LSF in combat. They fly as Bounty Hunters.

The SCRA, naturally, took this badly. We engaged and destroyed their 'diplomatic' gunboat.

Elder Montoya took this badly. I suspect that was because of his personal dislike of the SCRA's Captain Dieter Zehn having an effect on his normally sound decision-making.

Now, I am personally deeply hurt and offended by recent developments. Apparently I'm not even allowed to visit my Mama on Planet Crete any more. Apparently, in spite of the Corsairs 'having no ranks', I have been stripped of my honours by Elder Montoya. I'm not sure when he achieved the rank to do that, but the fact that he tried it is what hurts.

Brotherhood? Yeah right.

-Ares out

//Message Ends
Montoya is sitting at the Elders chambers communication console. He is playing the last message from Adrian O Jovem over and over again. he hears the recording about ten times, and begins to compose a message.

A few minutes later, the message is finished. As Juan's right hand moves towards the send button, it stops and hovers in the air, like an icicle hanging from nothing. Juan closes his eyes, and his hand retreats back to his person.

The same hand rises and clutches one side of his head, and after some time, Juan rises from the chair. He stands for a moment, choosing his destination, and with no particular haste, makes his way up the almost endless stairs of the Elder compound. After a seeming eternity, Juan sees the red sun of Omicron Gamma through a light at the end of the stairwell.

At his destination, a grand balcony awaits, large and possessing a spectacular vista of the environment in which the Corsairs live. One of the few places of life on Crete, the pale yellows of rock mixing seamlessly with the radiant greens of vegetation. The red sky fading into dark blue and the red glow accentuating every detail visible to him. What a sight to behold.

Juan stepped up on to the thick walls of the balcony. Built over four hundred years ago to defend the main settlement on Crete and its residents from misguided brigands of the past. Looking down, Juan saw an endless drop into black pit of oblivion. Shifting his gaze back again to the spectacular view of Crete, he smiled, and begun to tip forwards.

Almost as if nature had decreed that he was not to die, a gale pushed him back and unbalanced his person. Juan fell backwards on to the hard brick flooring of the large balcony. He slammed headfirst on to the brick, and was out like a light, blood oozing from his head.
"Ivan, why did we have to come back to Crete? I thought we were going to be on Canaria for a while."

"Well, Sonja, I had something for you, but I left it on my bomber. For obvious reasons I left my bomber on Crete, wouldn't have been surprised if those dragons tried to take advantage of our leaving Crete." Ivan said as he grabbed Sonja's hand and led her towards his taiidan bomber sitting in the docking bay.

Ivan and Sonja froze as they heard a thud in the background. Sonja, quickly let Ivan know that she'd go look for it while he retrieved whatever he was looking for. A few minutes later, Ivan hear Sonja shriek, and went looking for her. He saw her standing over a limp figure on the ground who was surrounded by a ruby liquid.

"Iv-.. Ivan, I think h-h- he fell, from up there, off the balcony." Sonja said, pointing towards the balcony,

Ivan quickly pulled off his jacket, and then his shirt, he then wrapped his shirt around Montoya's head. Ivan cursed under his breath, the shirt had only slowed the bleeding, not stopped it completely. At this moment Skyelius casually walked in.

"I head a lot of screaming, what is going on here? Is everythin-" He cut off at the sign of Ivan desperately trying to halt the blood coming from Montoya's head.

"Skyelius, I need you to help me gently lift him to the emergency room, we can't afford to mess up or be too rough, hes lost plenty blood already."

Ivan, and Skyelius worked together to carry Montoya so that the blood didn't exit his head, which worked quite well. Skyelius got Ivan's attention whom was shaking.

"Ivan get a hold of yourself, you said we had to be gentle, the worst thing you can do is drop the man, which you'll do if you don't stop trembling." Ivan nodded solemnly in response.

When Skyelius and Ivan dropped Montoya, on the bed, he and Sonja were quickly rushed outside. Skyelius came out about 15 minutes later.

They say he'll be fine, but he may have memory problems until he has regained all of his blood, that was quick thinking there Ivan. You two need some rest though, there's a room ready for you two, we'll talk more tomorrow, and I should have an update on Elder Montoya."

To: Elders
Re: Ares

Elders I unfourtunatly have to report an incedent with Ares this evening. I was leaving Crete to go on patrol, when I first spotted him, he was flying a LF. When I arrived he left the system, so I thought there would be no problem, unfourtunatly, he returned in his brand spanking new Civey Bomber. As politly asked him to leave the system, but as we all know, Ares like to be stuborn, and consequently I was forced into another one of Ares long debates. This countinued in the usual fashion, unitll Ares declared he was landing on Crete. Elder Montoya's last communique stated not to fire on SCRA unless fired apon, and as Ares was not going to fire on me, I had no choice to tell him I would report the incedent to the Elders. It was degrading to me to sit there and watch someone disobay the directives of The Brotherhood, and be unable to do anyhing about it. Elders, I beg you, we must come up with a more concrete position in this matter.

Sephardi out

Re: Ares

Elders I have to report the same incedent with Ares this evening when he was leaving crete. He argue that Crete was his home and he had to visit his mother.

Without any updates, and with Elder Montoya's last communique stated not to fire on SCRA unless fired apon, I'm unable to do anything about this.

Please give us updates a soon a possible.

KeNoB out.

As much as i respect the Elders, I cannot support you in this matter.
ISO are Military/Bounty Hunter scum. And their suggestion stinks to me.
Coalition helped Corsairs so many times, and now you'r choosing ISO, and dumping the Coalition?
Powerful allies we have lost it seems. And scum is what we'v got.
And yes, one of those ICO scum claims he stole his Huntress Cruiser from Tripoli.
And now we are dealing with those.. And i should believe them.. Right..
Coalition will stay on friendly terms with Apricot Titan VHF.
ISO will be shot on sight.

Over & Out.
Comm id:globalp-svk
to elders of the brotherhood

elders i will only that you know,that when i first time meet ICO pilot,i was starting from crete with full cargo of artifacts and his first reaction was that he open comunication link to liberty force and tell then that smuggler is on way.and i think this show hostility.the second contact was in liberty where ICO pilot help liberty force to kill two pilots who caryying artifacts.i was thinking that brotherhood support artifact smugglers but friendship with someone who warn liberty force and fight again artifact smugglers in not what i like. i tell this to my friends and all respond me,that they will kill any ICO pilot in range.and i know that maybe then my friends become hostile to brotherhood,but how i can be in safe when brotherhood is talking with someone who try stop smuggling?

end of message
From Sephardi
To Corsairs

Hermanos, you are missing the point, this is not about wether ICO is good or bad, or wether we should deal with them or not. It's about the independence of the Corsiar nation. How independent can we be if SCRA is allowed to dictate when, where, and with whom we choose to talk. This is not about ICO, we are not looking to ally with ICO, but if Elder Montoya felt it was appropreate to grant passage to a diplomatic vessel from ICO, it is no buisness of the Coallition to stop the Elders wishes. Just because we choose to talk to a group, does not mean we are allied, but to think it is approprate to never ever talk to one's enemies should look to history. Those groups who choose the isolationist route, are bound to failure. Again though, that is not the point, the point is it is up to the Corsair Nation to deside it's course of diplomacy, we are not the subjects of the coallition, and we should not act like it. No one is saying we should be freinds with ICO or even not hostile, but universaly, ships designated diplomatic are granted protections. This was a diplomatic ship, and should be treated as such. While we shouldnt be freinds with ICO, who are the Coalition to tell use we cant even discuss terms with them, who are the coalition to tel The Brotherhood what we can and cannot do. Just to sum up, 1) Just because we talk with ICO, doesnt make us freinds, Globlo, dont worry about that. Some times we must talk to our enemies. 2) even if we wanted to be freinds with ICO (Which we dont) It is not the place of SCRA to tell us what we can and cannot do in Gamma, especaily to an Elder.

Sephari out
To: Corsairs

Brother Sephardi, I agree that Coalition shouldn't mess with TBH diplomacy business.
However, a punishment for that incident was a bit harsh.
ICO vessels may have a permission from TBH to trade in Gamma, but they will be shot at, or taxed hard by me personally.
As for the SCRA, i think that Elders are a bit harsh, breaking an old alliance.
Do i need to remind you how many times Corsairs have been helped out by these people?
Certainly, this matter should be put to a vote, and all TBH members, as well as the independent Corsairs should vote.
That is the only fair thing at this moment.

Over&Out