Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Deep Shrine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
After some sparring outside of the Shrine with the GMG instructor and some Templars, Gypsie was dead tired. He went back to his office, hanged a "Do not disturb" sign from the door and shut it closed and locked. He lay gently on a large couch and fel asleep very quickly.

Gypsie felt a gentle hand caress him and opened his eyes. In front of him there was Goddess, in all her splendor. She leaned over and whispered in the young reporter´s ear. I am sorry Gyp, but it´s time for you to move on. You will know what I mean after you wake up for real. It´s gotten too aneristic around here and I need you strong to continue keeping the balance of the Chao, elsewhere. Oh, and don´t mind her. As soon as Eris had finished saying these words, a muscular redhead with Mollie looks appeared from behind the Goddess waving a knife. With a quick flash she slit the deity´s throat clean open. Eris went with a smile.

Skripto woke up abruptly waving his hands in the air as if he had been falling just a second before. He realized that it had been a bad dream, just that. He stood and went over the bar to fix himself a glass of whiskey. Will liquid gold kill me Fair Lady? He said this as he played with the icecubes on his glass. When he took the first sip, as he leaned the glass towards his mouth, he noticed through the bottom of it that there was an envelope lying on the floor next to the door. He walked slowly towards it, wary, and he picked it up. In it there was a note:

Quote:You are to leave Baffin if you cherish your life. Your little revolution will not fly. You have one hour.

The King Kong Cabal

And so it was, because Gypsie Skripto did cherish his life, that he packed his bag pre-flight, paid a quick visit to Mr. Momomoto at the Bowling Alley so the Kusarian Pope could tell the others, and then he hopped on board the Telemakhos and never again set foot on Baffin.
Skarsi nods. "One more matter before we reach the paperwork. You will soon be receiving a communique from a private company dealing in.... arms. While officially they are an entirely legal company, unofficially they are open to dealing with those considered less welcome by the houses." Skarsi sips his tea. "Their major shareholder is myself, operating through my familial clan to put some distance and allay any suspicions." Skarsi agrees. "I'm willing to vouch for the license application that should be reaching your border control soon. I highly recommend their weapons."

Ryka refills Skarsi's cup. "Now, i would assume that you have an agreement drawn up for our business?"

Warner gives a short nod before pulling out a Datapad with the agreement between their parties.

"We can understand the need for such a company, the state-run company Volgograd Industrial while it gets goods produced and out to our allies it is more difficult to ship completed goods to more neutral entities without incurring the wrath of some overzealous House Police or Military officer, Volgograd Industrial has it's own line of armaments however they tend to be designed with the Sirius Coalition's needs in mind...Still I have have the Minister of Plenty have a look at their goods, perhaps there is something that they produce the VI simply cannot manufacture."

With that he slides the datapad over to the man with the terms and conditions of their agreement

Quote:
Cooperative Agreement of the Temporary Autonomous Zoners and the People's Republic of the Sirius Coalition

To better facilitate the increased cooperation between the TAZ and SCRA forces the following has been enacted:

1.1: The Sirius Coalition grants the TAZ unrestricted use of Coalition war materials which include the following:

The Kalashnikov Weapons Line

The Dragunov Weapons Line

The XKR Snub Fighter Line [ Partisan Light fighter, Insurgent Very Heavy Fighter, Revolution Medium Bomber]

The XKR-EVO-ZERO "Storm" Gunboat

1.2: The Sirius Coalition in addition grants the TAZ the use of (1) XKR-EVO-ONE "Typhoon' Destroyer with the following conditions:

The material requirements of the vessel must be provided for by the TAZ.

A liaison of the Ministry of Truth is staffed on-board to ensure the vessel does not fall into hostile hands, this individual will be disguised as a Dischordian convert to ensure his/her safety.

2. The Sirius Coalition will provide the technical expertise to construct a Southern Buh Class Research Facility-Shipyard to be owned and operated by the TAZ upon completion.

3. The TAZ acknowledge the Coalition's ownership over the Cayman system if asked by Coalition allies

Signatures

The People's Republic of the Sirius Coalition, Premier Ben Warner
"Most excellent, Premier." Skarsi takes the datapad and signs it. "With that, i believe our business is concluded for now. I await the construction requirements so that your shipyard can be supplied." Skarsi stands up to shake Warner's hand. "A pleasure, as always, to work with you and the People's Coalition.."

Ryka transfers a copy of the signed agreement to a datapad, before returning Warner's.

Quote:
Cooperative Agreement of the Temporary Autonomous Zoners and the People's Republic of the Sirius Coalition

To better facilitate the increased cooperation between the TAZ and SCRA forces the following has been enacted:

1.1: The Sirius Coalition grants the TAZ unrestricted use of Coalition war materials which include the following:

The Kalashnikov Weapons Line

The Dragunov Weapons Line

The XKR Snub Fighter Line [ Partisan Light fighter, Insurgent Very Heavy Fighter, Revolution Medium Bomber]

The XKR-EVO-ZERO "Storm" Gunboat

1.2: The Sirius Coalition in addition grants the TAZ the use of (1) XKR-EVO-ONE "Typhoon' Destroyer with the following conditions:

The material requirements of the vessel must be provided for by the TAZ.

A liaison of the Ministry of Truth is staffed on-board to ensure the vessel does not fall into hostile hands, this individual will be disguised as a Dischordian convert to ensure his/her safety.

2. The Sirius Coalition will provide the technical expertise to construct a Southern Buh Class Research Facility-Shipyard to be owned and operated by the TAZ upon completion.

3. The TAZ acknowledge the Coalition's ownership over the Cayman system if asked by Coalition allies

Signatures

The People's Republic of the Sirius Coalition, Premier Ben Warner

Skarsi Wyrdmake

Representing the Temporary Autonomous Zoners.
After it's signed the Major hands over another datapad to Skarsi with a bored expression on his face, the Pad contained a list of materials used in the construction of a Typhooon-Class Destroyer. Warner takes the Datapad with the TAZ-Coalition Agreement in hand, giving a brief look-over before nodding to the Pope.

"It looks in order, as you can see the resources for a Typhoon can be difficult to acquire, the Coalition manufactures them on-site as needed and attempts to not create a surplus supplies of these items that cannot be used immediately."

Quote:
Materials & Components: [Typhoon-Class Destroyer]
Released by the Ministry of Plenty

Basic Alloy: 11,500
Super Alloy: 11,500
High-Temp Alloys: 3,750

Titanium: 5,000
Beryllium: 2,500
Iridium: 1,000
Cobalt: 2,000

Industrial Materials: 14,500
Ablative Armor: 5,000
Cryocubes: 750
Engine Components: 5,000
Consumer Goods: 2,000
Luxury Consumer goods: 1500
Light Arms: 1,000
Nano-Capacitors: 2,500
Optronics: 6,250
Quantum Multiplexors: 3,750
Hydrocarbons: 2,000
"Thank you, Premier." Ryka takes the datapad and copies the information, before returning it. "I'll have that forwarded to my Chief Engineer and he'll start organizing the shipments." Skarsi looks at Warner. "Should you need anything, just let us know."
With a nod Warner turns towards the Major, his eyebrow raised as he focuses on the disgruntled man.

"Alright, but moving on we have yet another bit of business if I recall correctly, the Major will need to be informed as to where you will construct your Southern Buh-Class Shipyard-Research Facility, as you are aware we built Mykolaiv in orbit of the Gas Giant Odessa, we are curious as to where you will want the facility so our good Major here can figure out steps to take from there." He comments, wanting to continue onwards before the Major's sour disposition could offend their allies.
"The placement. We are currently undertaking an eristic divining and consulting of the Chao." Skarsi looks into the distance for a second, before returning his view. "Given the dis-holy nature of Baffin, placement of large objects is a complex decision. That decision can only be made once the Flax has tallied 5 tons, the Chao spins the other direction and our pineals align directly to Eris' gaze." Skarsi looks over at the major. "We have a few candidate positions, but nothing solid enough to begin full consultations at this time."
Warner never truly understood everything the religious folks of Baffin told him, but he could get the basic 'gist' of it.

"Alright, I'll be leaving the Major here to aid your endeavours with the construction as well as a team of Engineers who are currently onboard the Lithuania, I myself would like to visit the Caverns of the planet below and experience it's wonders with my own eyes, naturally with the permission of your people if it is not out of line?" He asked politely, he had always wanted to visit, however the duties of running a Republic and a War tended to keep his personal time restrained. The Major gave a deep defeated sigh as he nodded to the Premier.
[Image: KCaiq5C.jpg]

Riley Mackenzie is on Freeport 9, currently sitting in a conference room where people are conferencing. He's not though. He's on background duty at the moment. His job is to make sure that his friend Shamus doesn't crash.

It may be important to note that at the moment, Shamus is a guy with a robot body, a monitor for a head and has to carry his brain around with his hands. Sure, the brain is an old Discordian F-23 F.N.O.R.D. unit, but normally, he's a ZBT Transport who currently shares a hard drive with a Gaian AI named Savannah that Riley downloaded & installed into the ship to help Shamus break his addiction to hot dogs while comatose in standby mode.

He has to hold his brain in his hands in his new remote body because you cant mount a floating titanium sphere on top of a flatscreen just because it doesn't float anymore. That would be weird.

Point is, if Shamus crashes, it will be of the computer variety & not violent in any way to the attendees of the conference.

Riley notices Gypsie Skripto's Sector-wide transmission and smiles.

Currently unnoticed, he ducks into a corner and quietly contacts the Shrine by text:

Oi, Pope Skripto- Ex-Pope Riley Mackenzie here.
Happy 2cU. I haz issue or few.
Would like 2 talk about said issuez n person soon when U calender iz free.
G2g. I iz on teh clock atm.

Riley returned to the seat no one noticed him get out of, leaned over to Shamus and whispered, "just so you know, Skripto just sent a broadcast. The TAZ are awake."

Shamus turned his screen to face Riley and whispered back, "Really? No sh*t? That's cool, Man."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11