Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Deep Shrine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Only if you let me drive. Gypsie draws some old school metal keys from his pocket. Have you ever been on board a Sally?
Matt doesn't know what the old metal trinkets do, but they look like they attach to something really cool.

"Never met a Sally before, but hell yes you can drive!"

"As your passenger, I advise that we disembark and fly to Freeport 9 at top speed!"
suddenly

"Kallisti" an old man, his face covered by a big barb enters the room. rising his arms a bottle of vodka at the right and a big green smoke on the left he nods to pope skripto and the man he didnt know.
"Waldemar Vorderkeerke, lets say the every day work pope. i am the one who keeps that station running, welcome to brunswick shrine"
It had been some time since Doc had visited a TAZ shrine. Medicine and his own Enterprise kept him busy even if he was based in Baffin. To Doc, Baffin was still home in many respects as it was where he started and where his first opportunities came from. Entering, he found old friends.

Gypsie Skripto hadn't changed much. A huge smile grew on Doc's face when he saw him.
"Damned good to see you again, Gypsie," he spoke with force and hugged the man. Stepping back, he sighed and collected himself a little. "I have been working in this system for awhile now at my hospital monitoring what is going on. I mean, I may not administrate TAZ anymore but I still consider this place a home and I am not going anywhere."

He then ordered a Scotch and noticed the old man. He acknowledged and greeted him along with the others in the room. "Shall we catch up a bit?
Doc! What a bliss! It has been too long my friend... And Pope Vorderkeerke, I cannot tell you how grateful I am for your hard work. Gypsie walks towards the minibar. Mr. Grim, you will let me have some drinks with these two old friends before we move on, won't you? Gentlemen, what will you be having?
Matthew realizes that 'Doc' must be 'Doctor Holiday' and assumes the conference his friends are attending must have concluded. "By all means, go right ahead. I reckon our goal must be returning towards us at this point." Matthew said brightly.

He introduces himself to Doc: He's got a firm handshake, clear eyes, interesting dialect, and honest vibe. Matt can understand why his friend Riley respects this man.

He then introduces himself to Waldemar Vorderkeerke: This man comes off as someone he could definitely get along well with.

With introductions out of the way, and a second round freshly poured and passed around, Matt asks Gypsie and Waldemar, "I need to excuse myself a moment to check in with Riley and Shamus. May I invite them to meet here?"
"doc!". Waldemar weaves around "what a lucky day. praise Eris" and lokking ar Matt. "Forgimme the break mr. grimes, but indeet some internal cabbage has be to spoken." weaving again towards gypsie. "Pope, i have transfered the data you ask for. long no see."

"doc, stay with us. i think we can juse your wise opinion on thinx". and after the door closes after matt
"as ya have seen, Eris barfed into our cokpits, pilgrimage and meditation to spread her words in sirius. the gauls are at peace with bretonia, we are not. we should change this, i am pretty sure our old ties to the now so called gallic roayal intelligence can be useful. doc, does mfe has some ears in gallia?"

"and pope skripto, what do think abou an eyecandy shrine pimp?"

Grim
At the request of Waldemar, Doc just nodded, ordered a Scotch and took a seat.
"Med Force Enterprises does some work in Gallia but has not had an established office in some time," he explained. "I had an office on Planet Orlenais but with the division of Gallia, we had to leave."
His Scotch arrived. He nodded to the waiter and sipped it.
"Yes, the Bretonians are good for something," he said looking at the glass, "but anyway, I do trade within it as Prometheum is used in our business so yes, I guess we do have ears there. More importantly, we keep a watch over Baffin when others are not able. The [MFE]Pasteur has been commissioned for that purpose, a fighter craft."

He then leaned toward Waldemar a bit, "And do not think for a minute that the Gauls are at peace with Bretonia, at least, not all of them. It is a slippery slope there."
Gypsie walks to the window and looks outside while he holds his own glass of scotch. Malaclypse Freeport used to have a much better view of Baffin. Here, one could only stare at the grim Barrier Nebula. Doc... I will always remember the day when Malaclypse took me in and brought me here. You were TAZ Ambassador at the moment, probably our best in all this years. I took that office when you left, and your wisdom was missed indeed. Gypsie turns to look the old doctor in the eye. If it comes to finding a place to settle down with MFE, why not Baffin? You have called it home in the past, hell the stewards still keep your room at The Kiva at the ready, waiting for your return! Now... I understand you have other concerns these days, and your time of preaching is in the past, but there's some other responsibilities the system needs covered that have never been fit for the ecclesiarchy. Perhaps we can discuss some sort of co-managment of our beloved corner of the universe? Your people can take care of the Greyface matters, while we tend to our Goddess like she deserves. What say you?
For a few moments that looked like an eternity, Doc had a look of stun on his face while he looked right at Gypsie. Co-management of his old home. For the most part, it made sense. He was already a slightly more than part-time resident with Med Force General and Research AND he still had an office at Shasta. He got to his feet and stood up and approached the same window Gypsie was standing in.

"Malaclypse gave us both our first opportunities," Doc stated as he looked out for a moment. "I would like to think he made us the men that we became. Last I knew, his portrait was still hanging on the wall in my old office at Shasta. I do not think either of us could run the whole thing like he did."
He then turned to Gypsie, holding up his glass. "Perhaps what we needed to be successful in this endeavor was each other. We are both busy men and cannot do it alone. Somehow, I know Mal is smiling right now."
He thought for a moment, "I also have a new man in Med Force Enterprises that would love to be my lieutenant out here. as it is closer to home for him."
He raised his glass just a little more. "Old friend, I do think we have an accord."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11