Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery Freelancer Mod Installation Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
So...I can't seem to install any of the Discovery mods. I get a "failed integrity check" error and something about a camera.ini file. Any insights are appreciated.
What's your operating system?
Have you tried installing it twice - Did the problem repeat?
(11-27-2023, 04:30 AM)dsyounger Wrote: [ -> ]So...I can't seem to install any of the Discovery mods. I get a "failed integrity check" error and something about a camera.ini file. Any insights are appreciated.

Are you actually installing the same Freelancer version from the Download section of the forums.

You CANNOT apply the Jason's Patch for the Vanilla Freelancer game. And the game version has to be the one specified in Download.

https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...tid=126999

You've either likely downloaded a patch for Vanilla FL or got the wrong game version. Try reinstalling vanilla.
That's it. I used the widescreen patch. Will attempt again in the future! Though, I did just try the Crossfire mod..,
Hello, my antivirus software deletes CapitalClassFixes.dll. I want to know the reason. Thanks.
Hi Acetone. Thanks for the feedback. It's a false positive. Perfectly safe to continue.
When I try to download the ISO file, my speed never gets any higher than 20 kbps. I've tried using my own internet, the internet at my job, and even the wifi from the local McDonalds and I still can't download the ISO file. The download keeps timing out before it finishes.
(01-21-2024, 05:55 AM)Lt_Wedge Wrote: [ -> ]When I try to download the ISO file, my speed never gets any higher than 20 kbps. I've tried using my own internet, the internet at my job, and even the wifi from the local McDonalds and I still can't download the ISO file. The download keeps timing out before it finishes.

Okay so I got it downloaded and installed. But now it tells me to log in with admin rights to launch the game. What does that mean?
(01-21-2024, 02:47 PM)Lt_Wedge Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2024, 05:55 AM)Lt_Wedge Wrote: [ -> ]When I try to download the ISO file, my speed never gets any higher than 20 kbps. I've tried using my own internet, the internet at my job, and even the wifi from the local McDonalds and I still can't download the ISO file. The download keeps timing out before it finishes.

Okay so I got it downloaded and installed. But now it tells me to log in with admin rights to launch the game. What does that mean?

Press the right click "Run as administrator" try that!
Norton removed a DLL just after I installed. Claimed there was a Trojan. Is this likely to stop me from playing? Can I continue without the DLL or do I need to reinstall and somehow prevent Norton from deleting it?
Any thoughts on how I can stop Norton from being so aggressive?

Also, will I lose access to Vanilla Freelancer with this when I click "Patch Game" or will this open as a separate game?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34