Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Know your admins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
*Throws down a smoke bomb for almost no reason at all*
' Wrote:Alright, alright! Sheesh! Not a moment of peace around here.
Anyone know any juicy stories about them? I know Athenian pretty well, but DL is more unknown quantity to me.
EDIT: Done. Although the real juicy stuff is still missing.

[7/07/2009 4:06:19 PM] dusty_lens says: Bitch you don't want to get up in my furry emo jim jam, we'll have you in a fox suit before you can say tripple breasted cheetah high school warrior girl

you owe me money! if i had chosen to blackmail, i would have gotten loads of juicy admindollars!
I can't believe those are words I have used.

But it's true.
LOL Dusty, no invisible post today.

And Laowai's not the worst PvPer, Hoodlum is. >.>

I'm at GMT-6, in Chicago.

While I'm at it:
1. Your favorite food/movie/hobby?
Food: I have to pick one? Haven't the foggiest. I eat so much.
Movie: Boondock Saints, Blade Runner, or maybe... Some other fancy movie.
Hobby: Freelancer? Otherwise... Skateboarding.

2. Who do you look up to (can be anyone)?
No one, really. Still looking for goals in my life, and I don't know anyone with the standards I set for myself. So... Call it ego if you want, but I don't know many people far enough above me to be looked up to, those that are would rather call me an equal so... What does it matter?

3. Why did you want to become an admin?
Let's think back nearly a year and a half. I was a sixteen year old kid with a lot of free time, little to do, and no idea what I was signing up for... Should have kept the message that Korrd sent me, though. :/

4. What's the most fun aspect of being an admin?
This.

5. What's the worst?
Uhm. The Special Role Play section. I hate going there so much. Everyone who posts there expects that their stuff should be approved because it met their standards. Unfortunately, some things just barely miss it and it's hard to say no. Then again, some things are just terrible... And even then it's still hard to say no. :sleep:

4. Your own ideas how to make this a better place for all of us?
Easy. Play fair, play nice, complain less.

5. Write up a sanction report about yourself (you can decide the reason etc.)
Man, I dunno. Only had one. o.o
' Wrote:1. Your favorite food/movie/hobby

Hmm, my favorite food would likely be Cioppino. Movies are generally those wrapped up in my head with fond memories of the past aaaaaaand hobby would be sailing.

' Wrote:2. Who do you look up to (can be anyone)?

Generally anyone taller than myself.

' Wrote:3. Why did you want to become an admin?

Honestly? Gypsy curse.

' Wrote:4. What's the most fun aspect of being an admin?
Joke: .chase and writing up sanctions.
Non Joke: Honestly that I've been provided with an opportunity to, for reasons which frankly elude me, pour energy into doing my best to see that this place continues to be and grows as a place where people can come to have a good time. The first time I logged in as an Admin to get some work done I ended up spending six straight hours doing absolutely nothing but running around helping people out.

It's pretty fantastic. Also writing up sanctions. Nevermind what Joe and the rest of them say. I'm really enjoying that. I'm very likely one of the most blood thirsty of the admins. There are tons of people out there who delight in ruining the good times of others for the benefit of themselves, dropping them into a tank full of alligators is a singular joy.

' Wrote:5. What's the worst?

So far the worst aspect has been reviewing sanction reports under such tight scrutiny because no one can be trusted. You'll receive a report from someone claiming that they were attacked without notice etc etc with a couple of screenshots. Then you contact the accused party and LO, they have a dozen contradicting shots.

That the person making the initial accusation was lying because they lost a legit fight and wanted to see the other person punished is disgusting.

That's the kind of conduct that you end up seeing far too much of and it's rather wearying.

' Wrote:4. Your own ideas how to make this a better place for all of us?

I would like to cut the rules down by about 50%. I think we can do a lot with a few ID changes, tightening up the tech chart and essentially employing our rather good development skills to drastically cut back on the number of things one need watch out for to avoid people going "OLOOL SANKCTUNG" and so on.

I recall starting out here and, honestly, despite being a small community Disco is very complex, mostly due to its maddening maze of information, rules and the confusing nature of the forum itself. If I do anything around here before I'm perma banned for wiping the database it will be to make disco much more newbie friendly.

' Wrote:5. Write up a sanction report about yourself (you can decide the reason etc.)

I think Tenacity already did.
Win for enjoying the sanction reports.
I'll try to take more screenshots in future to back mine up completely.
' Wrote:4. What's the most fun aspect of being an admin?
This.

And what the hell is this? :ohmy:
Us messing about with attaching special FX to contrail points on our ships. The one on my ship was subtle enough to keep.
Heh, just found this thread , nice job loog.. especially Comments .. some made me laugh as hell, some made me sad ... Seriously, all admins that were active or still are active and have to deal with all funky things on this server deserve to have their names pinned... pin this , lets remember them all ...

Skoko
Amazing how you find assorted things when browsing....

Agmen
GMT - 5 (Indiana, USA)

1. Your favorite food/movie/hobby
Food - Ham. Or maybe ham with bacon on it. Everything is better with bacon on it.
Movie - that's a bit tougher, because I'm a sci-fi fan as well as a classic movie buff. I prefer story line. At this point, though, I'd have to go with the HBO mini-series Band of Brothers.
Hobby - Wait, we're allowed to have TIME for a hobby when being an admin? Damn, no one told me that. (Otherwise, it'd be model railroading, preferrably the Norfolk Western J.)
2. Who do you look up to (can be anyone)?
Anyone taller than I am. Since I'm 6'2", that's not as many as I look down to. Or did you mean who do I admire? If it was that, then Ronald Reagan and Rush Limbaugh. (And no, I'm NOT kidding.)
3. Why did you want to become an admin?
Umm - I was drafted, actually. Although the thought of being a tin-plated, overbearing dictator with delusions of godhood did sound good to me. (That last bit is for Del from a skype chat we had recently.)
4. What's the most fun aspect of being an admin?
Scaring the living daylights out of people when they realize that 'Red is dead' ship they just shot at isn't quite what they thought it was.
Okay, seriously though, that I've been entrusted with the responsibility to help run and administer the day to day operations of this great server.
5. What's the worst?
Processing sanction reports - especially the ones that are spurious and/or shouldn't have been written in the first place.
4. Your own ideas how to make this a better place for all of us?
Wait, didn't we do 4 already? Seriously, though, we're working at doing that all the time. Trying to streamline the rules while at the same time maintain the flavor of the game. The key thing is role-playing here, so while PvP is important, that should never be the most important thing here.
5. Write up a sanction report about yourself (you can decide the reason etc.)
[Admin]Agmen - flying a BHG battlecruiser in New York without BHG|Guard ID.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13