Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Know your admins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
' Wrote:I nominate this thread for Pin! Should help spread respect for the amazing admins and help everyone realize they are actually real people, not just avatars, sigs and sanction notices.

:lol:

' Wrote:I'd like to ask a question from all the admins: Do you still play the game? I know and have listed those who I know for certainty do.

Korrd does. Once in a blue moon I believe.

' Wrote:Wow.

How come I never heard of disco back then when I was searching for freelancer mods...

Smaller. Not as popular.
I play . I enjoy playing and I'm currently running plot arcs for Sylpheed that I've wanted to run since before I took over the Rogues.

I'm also going to start co-ordinating vents that should get Indy rogue players into the spirit of being a Rogue rather than just running around bored. The Admnins had a big long discussion last night, and one of the things we figured out is that if we want the community to chnage we have to be the ones to light the way.

There may be a post concerning us and our relationship to you, the players, to make the divide between Admin and player smaller, so we can be seen to be that which we are, guardians of this server not tyrannical dictators.
Thank you Igiss for the additional info.

I made the categories like that because it's that I could have a nosy opinion about those who I've shared some time on the forums. True, some of the current admins have been here for a long time (Hoodlum, Virus, Kane etc.), so the listing who's ancient and who's is just made up by me.

btw. Can you or someone else who knows provide the order of seniority? I could add the list to the #1 post.

EDIT: Del, that's good to hear. All work no play makes things un-enjoyable in the long run.
Order of seniority? You mean, the order in which people became admins? Or their age?

I can be mistaken about both. You should try searching exact dates by their nicknames. All new admins were announced.

Considering the admin order, I was the first one:)
Also, I hosted Discovery server for the first ~half a year after the first public release of Discovery mod.

During that time, Korrd became an admin, then Wolfpack started to host it, then came Angel and Nightfall as far as I remember. About that time Kane and Caylith joined as well, I don't remember in what order exactly.

Then BULLDOGNK, the we changed host to Michal's server, then Fellow Hoodlum. Others may need to correct me on this, but, again, forum search is the most reliable source.

The rest is newer history.
Thanks for the tip. Interesting text and results with this search:

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?ac...;highlite=admin

I'm working on the list now and this turned up. Brings back memories for you doesn't it?
I think (but I can't be sure) that BULLDOGNK's server was originally called 'Rogue Ideas' which then became the Discovery 24/7 PvP server.
Yeh, thats it. Rogue Ideas.
' Wrote:I think (but I can't be sure) that BULLDOGNK's server was originally called 'Rogue Ideas' which then became the Discovery 24/7 PvP server.

Discovery PvP server. Now it sounds blasphemous even to speak the word aloud! :laugh:

Phew. It took a while but I dug up a lot of info about admins, both old as well as current ones. I even stumbled upon a surprise man named Admiral Simon Walker. I got caught up reading couple of old threads dealing with comments when they were put forth for the Community to decide if they should be given the position. Gives you a very much better of view on the characters of people whom people perceive as powers of forums now. Nice to read comments of old hands. But at the same time I realised there's nothing new under the sun. The countless "ADMINS ARE CORRUPT/USELESS/BIASED" threads were there as there are now. But it was educating to read the answers of the current admins how they commented on the threads like that.

Surprising reading to say the least. Everybody now perceives Hoodlum to be Dirty Harry incarnate but it puts a smile to my face when I read about what people said about him when he was put to the polls :) "Helps newbies...has a way about him..." Not the words new meat to the Disco grinder associate with the man now I'm sure, but I can attest to this trait being there. He has helped me politely and nicely every time I have needed his help either in server or in the forums. An old adage about Treating people with respect will cause them to treat you with respect is true more than ever.
"Mutters something quietly about .44 magnums and feeling lucky." ...

Giving as good as you get is an unfortunate by-product resulting from the current increase in Denizens
of Internet Consistency in Karmic Selfishness, on the both the server and forums, and this situation does
of course, occasionally stretch one's patience a little.
Less 'Me! Me! Me!' and some more understanding of the word 'teamwork' could go a long way to making this
happy band of campers far more harmonious sometimes. Being thousands of miles apart, stuck on the end of
a pair of wires does not absolve you of responsibility, and give you free reign to act uncivilly.

"Mumbles about Loogas having way too much time on his hands, and puts his tinfoil hat back on."

Good thread, carry on regardless chaps ...

Hood
' Wrote:"Mutters something quietly about .44 magnums and feeling lucky." ...

Giving as good as you get is an unfortunate by-product resulting from the current increase in Denizens
of Internet Consistency in Karmic Selfishness, on the both the server and forums, and this situation does
of course, occasionally stretch one's patience a little.
Less 'Me! Me! Me!' and some more understanding of the word 'teamwork' could go a long way to making this
happy band of campers far more harmonious sometimes. Being thousands of miles apart, stuck on the end of
a pair of wires does not absolve you of responsibility, and give you free reign to act uncivilly.

"Mumbles about Loogas having way too much time on his hands, and puts his tinfoil hat back on."

Good thread, carry on regardless chaps ...

Hood

THAT is a brilliant post.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13