Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Know your admins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Ofcourse you can have sparetime agmen, it will just be insignifically short....

oh and... intresting thread... really
' Wrote:[Admin]Agmen - flying a BHG battlecruiser in New York without BHG|Guard ID.

Admin power abuse.

SANKSHUN.
' Wrote:Admin power abuse.

SANKSHUN.

Member ranting abuse

SANKSHUN

back to topic.... i think we should get the first post edited a little... like telling that dusteh left
Thank you Agmen for all the info. I added you, updated and slandered others. Of course.

I had totally forgotten this thread.
I think it is my turn.

' Wrote:1. Your favorite food/movie/hobby
Favorite food? Everything that is being eat on a nice barbecue with friends.
Movie? Lucky Number Slevin
Hobby? Uh, I must be really addicted because Freelancer came up my mind......
Well, besindes FL I love to ride my mountain bike (No, I can't keep up with Cannon here:P) and swim a lot.
Skiing here and then, but the prices for the slopes dramaticaly increased :(

' Wrote:2. Who do you look up to (can be anyone)?
To anyone who puts a lot of dedication into a single thing, where his main goal is to help other people.

' Wrote:3. Why did you want to become an admin?
That is actually a verry good question. There are many reasons I guess. I want to keep this lovely community alive, together and since I have so much fun when playing on this server, I think I can give a bit more back this way. And I like the challange to widen my horizon a bit. Learn new things and put the learned stuff to an use for the community in a hopefully good way.

' Wrote:4. What's the most fun aspect of being an admin?
I dont think there is a fun aspect only the Admins have. I am a player around here, nothing more nothing less. We recieve the same fun day after day. The only thing I have now is, more responsibility towards everyone here.

' Wrote:5. What's the worst?
I guess working over the sanctions. A lot of them could be prevented with just a kind little chat in the first place, instead of a report.
A sanction should be the last resort. We should not aim for them if something goes wrong.
Yes, definately processing the sanctions.

' Wrote:4. Your own ideas how to make this a better place for all of us?
See above. Damn. I answered this one already. Well, another idea?
I can only talk for myself here. I will try to be even more "in my character" when playing. Not letting bad stuff too close and try to react without the grief of the person in front of the computer. Only with the grief the character would experience. That makes this places even better as it is. At least for me. Maybe it works the same way for others too. Who knows.

' Wrote:5. Write up a sanction report about yourself (you can decide the reason etc.)
If I don't do it, one of you lot will! I know somebody is typing this already!

Quote:0.0 Be excellent to one another. Consider the people around you. Keep fair play in mind. It's a game and nothing is gained, or lost, save the experience. Credits can be re-earned. Ammunition replenished. If you become infuriated step away. If you make a mistake apologize. If you wish to remain in system after you die, or after someone has moved away, simply ask.

Removing signatures, nuking pictures and playing around with paint you stole from the other mods?
Not cool, not cool!
Letting poor recruits in the [RM] scrub the Ravensburgs deck so you don't have to do it by your own?
Also not cool!

Consequences:
The community is allowed to dump your signature, nuke your pictures and the [RM] is allowed to use the Ravensburg as a trashbin! Of course you have to clean it by yourself!

To say it with your words: Here is your toothbrush!

Admin Link to Report

COMPLETE SERVER RULES

BEFORE YOU POST

If you post in this sanction and are not directly involved or a leader of the accused person's faction be advised that you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban.

Yeah......you had to klick 'em, right? <strike>Your</strike> Zelots fault
Quote:1. Your favorite food/movie/hobby

Favorite food? Anything Italian!
Favorite Movie? Too many to list. The better "favorite" here is some actors. Morgan Freeman and the late Patrick Swayze are favorites of mine.
Hobby? Photography! Of all the ones I have, it's my favorite past time. I've been known to disappear into the woods with a camera and several rolls of film. Yes, I do it the old fashioned way!

Quote:2. Who do you look up to (can be anyone)?

My father. He taught me my independence and has helped me out as needed over my life. He always stressed honesty and honor which are things only the individual can take from him/herself. No one else can take them.

Quote:3. Why did you want to become an admin?
I just wanted to contribute to this great community and do my best in the process. After having many a player tell me that I would be a good admin, I figured I would listen to them. I just want to give back on this for the opportunity I have received. As Malexa said, I like the chance to broaden my horizons a bit.

Quote:4. What's the most fun aspect of being an admin?
Fun? Not sure that's the best word to use. I just want to continue the same level of RP that I always have. Being an admin, it makes it more challenging as now I have to set an even better example.

Quote:5. What's the worst?
Sanctions. No admin WANTS to do those but they are something that must be done. As of this post, I have yet to do one but it's the one thing I don't look forward to.

Quote:5. Write up a sanction report about yourself (you can decide the reason etc.)
Not sure where in the rules this would fit but I can be stubborn as many have seen. I play Zoners and maybe an occasional Merc but something within bothers me about playing both sides of a conflict.
Tony has started as a hoster and admin for a UK Discovery server (I forgot its name by now, unfortunately).

I believe BulldogNK's UK server was originally called Rogue Ideas. He also hosted the discovery 24/7 PvP server for a long time.
Virus @ Jan 30 2006, 06:55 PM Wrote:Oh man..... You had to pick the ONE who HATES me. tongue.gif
Dab, post Jan 31 2006, 12:05 PM, back then a regular membe Wrote:ONE?! Virus there are plenty who hate you. Just pray I don't become a moderator...
Now his group is : Forum Moderators

Irony.:)
Well, I might as well throw myself in here to:

Quote:1. Your favorite food/movie/hobby
Favorite food has to be buns with butter fried on it, I don't really have a favorite movie and I like to shoot sporting clays.

Quote:2. Who do you look up to? (can be anyone)
My parents mainly but also the rest of the admin team.

Quote:3. Why did you want to become an admin?
To help improve the community and server. I want to continue to work closely with the various members in order to satisfy and help as many as I can.

Quote:4. What's the most fun aspect of being an admin?
I haven't really discovered that, but at the moment I believe suddenly popping up beside people randomly and speaking is rather funny.

Quote:5. What's the worst?
Again, I can't really tell but at the moment it's trying to get my head around all the stuff I have to learn.

Quote:6. Write up a sanction report about yourself (you can decide the reason etc.)

Bear has been sanctioned for:

Quote:101: Seriousness is not allowed

Seems you were a touch to serious around the place.

Consequences: All pictures that were turned into links are now back up again, all forum wasting threads unlocked and un-invis'd. Have fun!

Admin Link to Report
' Wrote:This topic is about people being curious about other people.

I can't really consider myself an O.G. despite being here for nearly 3 years partly because of RL pot holing my gaming (i.e. moving to a new apartment, mom getting sick, going back to school, self-esteem problems, losing my new home, work, self-esteem problems again).

But a few names do ring a bell, for instance it was Xoria who sanction me most of the time and Hood who gave me my first. Athenian I remember getting things set up for the BH and I kinda miss the BH/Bianca Chevalier bashing threads. I remember when Dboy gave up disco for a while and I went and quoted him on anther site I frequent and the boys there laughed at "the teenager having a mid-life crisis". Or the time I told Tenacity to stop being a fag, then he went and committed forum suicide, then came back back two days later.
The nostalgia of the old in this place as well as the situations I was in at the times makes me both long for and rejoice the end of those days.

With that, I strongly recommend you now start a thread defining the more active portion of the member populace....seriously.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13