Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Know your admins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Laowai, you're not the first admin to have their admin ship blown up ingame. I once had my Admin ship blown up by a hacker, and another time I accidentally rammed a planet and blew up (not even the vaunted admin shield will save you from planet ramming). I'm not the first either, however. Probably Hoodlum or someone else XD
and who was the first one to be caught cheating?

[Image: 91263918.jpg]
oooh, this is like one of those quizzes in a woman's magazine...no harm in playing along I s'pose

Quote:1. Your favorite food/movie/hobby
Food: Tex-Mex, which is a style of cuisine that combines the Texas & Mexican cultures...known for being spicy enough to not only burn on the way down, but later, also burn on the way out.
Movie: With the thousands I've seen, It's impossible to narrow it down to just one favorite movie, but I can say that my favorite genre is 'the revenge flick' of which, Man On Fire I consider infinitely re-watchable.
Hobby: Collecting Movies & TV series
Quote:2. Who do you look up to (can be anyone)?
I don't look up to anyone for reasons similar to Laowai's, but ever since I was a kid, I really liked Larry Flint's style...warts & all
Quote:3. Why did you want to become an admin?
In my experience, a person doesn't choose to become an Admin...it chooses you. I ultimately agreed to the position because I love the community & feel that it's worth taking a proverbial bullet for.
Quote:4. What's the most fun aspect of being an admin?
Entering a system where troublemakers are making trouble, & by simply appearing in-sytem, making them sweat without actually having to say anything.
Quote:5. What's the worst?
Like the others said, sanctions are the worst. For RL reasons, so far up to now, I'm horrible at keeping up with them & bringing the hammer down on the worst of 'em, but beyond that, it really does suck on multiple levels to see so many of them.
Quote:4. Your own ideas how to make this a better place for all of us?
There is not much I can do to make this a better place...Everyone is responsible for their own actions, so the way I see it, the question should be 'what are all of us going to do to make this a better place?'
We are all a family here, & like all 'real' families, there are going to be relatives we don't like & there is always gonna be bickering, but when it comes right down to it, we are small parts of a big machine...we all love this place, & we all need to do our best to cheque our egos to the boards.
Quote:5. Write up a sanction report about yourself (you can decide the reason etc.)
[Admin]Marburg has been sanctioned due to a report posted on the 01/06/2009 for:

Having a low tolerance for self-centered know-it-alls

Punishment: a job as an admin so you can deal with them all the time

Notes: Take your bullet like a man & do the job, cause it ain't all about you Burgieboy

Admin Link to Report

COMPLETE SERVER RULES

BEFORE YOU POST:crazy:
' Wrote:Food: Tex-Mex, which is a style of cuisine that combines the Texas & Mexican cultures...known for being spicy enough to not only burn on the way down, but later, also burn on the way out.

Did not want to know that, really:mellow:
' Wrote:Laowai, you're not the first admin to have their admin ship blown up ingame. I once had my Admin ship blown up by a hacker, and another time I accidentally rammed a planet and blew up (not even the vaunted admin shield will save you from planet ramming). I'm not the first either, however. Probably Hoodlum or someone else XD

Orly? i was very much under the impression that i was the first? Well... a revokation of my own sanction should be in effect, though i AM the worst pvper:)
About Laowai's idea of all of you vanish for a week. I think it was about a year ago when one beautiful morning Hoodlum was no-where to be found. And he stayed away for pretty long too. And suddenly he came back without any explanation (not that we are entitled have one then or now).

Interesting threads that produced. Some people were really worried that something had happened to him. I think it showed people's true sentiments. Go look them up people.

It's easy to throw smudge on the authority figures when things don't go the way you'd like them to go. Complaining is a life-style for some.
I know AC Merc was testing out the anti cheat softwar his first day of adminship, and it kicked him so bad he had to re-install his OS.
1. Your favorite food/movie/hobby
Reading literature. Not fiction. Literature.
2. Who do you look up to?
Winston Churchill
3. Why did you want to become an admin?
I didn't, but nobody in their right mind says no to Caylith.
4. What's the most fun aspect of being an admin?
Neon Green Text.
5. What's the worst?
Spending hours composing Neon Green Text.
4. Your own ideas how to make this a better place for all of us?
More liberty.
More tolerance.
Less controlling.
Replace complaints with positive solutions.
Post less.
Do more.
5. Write up a sanction report about yourself (you can decide the reason etc.)
Xoria has been sanctioned for obstinately pointing out the painful truth with shattering clarity that not even Del can disagree with.
Consequences : Must endure Del agreeing with him for 30 days.
Instructions : Shut up and stop depriving people of their fanciful notions.
1. Your favorite food/movie/hobby

Chicken Biryani/Horton Hears a Who/Sadly, Freelancer

2. Who do you look up to (can be anyone)?

Ron Paul. I guess.

3. Why did you want to become an admin?

I didn't. Caylith hired ninjas to force me. I am chained to a desk in <Signal scrambled>

4. What's the most fun aspect of being an admin?

Beaming. I like to travel.

5. What's the worst?

In game as Admin, I have a people addressed/people ignored ratio of 1/3. I can't keep up. Hoodlum can. He must have 5 brains.

4. Your own ideas how to make this a better place for all of us?

I would like it if people explained the rules to rulebreakers, and if unsuccessful at getting them to come around, THEN and ONLY THEN file a sanction report. There is a difference between willful disregard and innocent ignorance.

5. Write up a sanction report about yourself (you can decide the reason etc.)

Dieter has been sanctioned for being a Fleet Battle PVP whore, and an utter faction whore.

Sentence : Void Server, for 4 weeks.

' Wrote:Sentence : Void Server, for 4 weeks.
That one killed me:P
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13