Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Know your admins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
' Wrote:Bully didnt form the NovaPG:PThat would be good old Vtec / Bas Van Maanan he did however lead them for quite sometime.

oh and dont forget to add that Jes loves marmite!
Ol' Bassy. How is he anyway? Havn't spoken to him in ages. (Had a little misunderstanding, see.) I believe Nightfall co-founded NPG with him in .81 or .82.

Jacob, if you talk to Tony on a regular basis, tell'm to ring me up when he can. It's been a while.
In game, I am often mistaken for an admin. People confuse me with Laowai for some reason... =P
' Wrote:In game, I am often mistaken for an admin. People confuse me with Laowai for some reason... =P

One time I named my ship "Sanctioned.Parts.List" and someone asked if I was an Admin.

But then the name was too long for an LR- tag and I had to change it to something shorter. D:
The NovaPG were around in 4.78 if I remember rightly, pretty much the first organised pirate faction
on the server thanks to Bas. Nightfall and him resurrected it with much success during 4.80.
Mmmm Marmite ...

spoke to him a while ago hes doing good, spoke to ol ronny aka earl also.

Also dont forget to add, joe smells of fish!
' Wrote:Discovery's Next Top Model?

You Fool! You go wishing something like that. You just conveniently forget that some things can NOT be unseen once seen. I for once would like to sleep my nights instead of laying awake trying to forget.

:)Just yanking your skull here Linkus. I'm pretty torn between macabre curiosity seeing them in swimming suits and the sensible healthy notion that I really do not want to see that. And my understanding is that some cougars like the innocent and carefree youths like Joe in the pictures he has posted in the How do you look thread. Btw. anyone else think that there's uncanny resemblance between Joe and MarvinCZ?

On a completely different note I updated the descriptions. I hope I read Hoodlum's post correctly and picked all the admins from it.

I'd like to ask a question from all the admins: Do you still play the game? I know and have listed those who I know for certainty do. But does Igiss for example ever play anymore? No need to know the characters. I won't lie. It would be interesting to know the names of the admins' chars, but there's absolutely no need for me or anyone else to know. That's why I haven't listed them here although I know quite a few myself.
' Wrote:You Fool! You go wishing something like that. You just conveniently forget that some things can NOT be unseen once seen. I for once would like to sleep my nights instead of laying awake trying to forget.

:)Just yanking your skull here Linkus. I'm pretty torn between macabre curiosity seeing them in swimming suits and the sensible healthy notion that I really do not want to see that. And my understanding is that some cougars like the innocent and carefree youths like Joe in the pictures he has posted in the How do you look thread. Btw. anyone else think that there's uncanny resemblance between Joe and MarvinCZ?
On a completely different note I updated the descriptions. I hope I read Hoodlum's post correctly and picked all the admins from it.

I'd like to ask a question from all the admins: Do you still play the game? I know and have listed those who I know for certainty do. But does Igiss for example ever play the anymore? No need to know the characters. I won't lie. It would be interesting to know the names of the admins' chars, but there's absolutely no need for me or anyone else to know. That's why I haven't listed them here although I know quite a few myself.

Yup - still play. I have quite a few characters, some are obvious: they have the name "Laowai" in them. Tho... thats the Corsair Elder, not the admin... so don't pm me to get you out of Bastille when im in that char cos i'm not in admin mode. There are a few others around as well, i think most of the Corsair players will know which ones they are, though i have quite a few others that im pretty sure no one knows about....
' Wrote:You Fool! You go wishing something like that. You just conveniently forget that some things can NOT be unseen once seen. I for once would like to sleep my nights instead of laying awake trying to forget.
As long as your resigned to laying awake at night trying to forget, you may, if you wish, spend that time trying to unsee me:
[Image: NivekOgre.jpg]:crazy:
Ok, seriously, I once posted a real pic of myself in that 'wdyll' thread back in the day, but this one better represents my good side, donyathink?:D
Quote:I'd like to ask a question from all the admins: Do you still play the game? I know and have listed those who I know for certainty do. But does Igiss for example ever play the anymore?
Always reluctant to answer those questions, you know:P

On the 1st post though, I think you should update it slightly... "ancient admins", for example, are not much more than "inactive" admins that you list. For example, BULLDOGNK can easily be described as "ancient" along with others.

Let me try to summarize the brief basics... BULLDOGNK, real name was Tony (yes, whole name was capitalized). Probably GMT+0 since he lives in England. NovaPG isn't the only thing that he was in charge of. He was the most active admin of his time, around 2007 (along with Fellow Hoodlum), and he actually recommended Hoodlum for his admin position, although later they had diverse opinions on many subjects.

Tony has started as a hoster and admin for a UK Discovery server (I forgot its name by now, unfortunately). Later he became active with the main Discovery community, and was promoted to an admin. His server was used for tests and as our official PvP server, although it wasn't too popular, except for the brief momentums when our main server was down.

Nightfall. He was an admin too around 2006-2007, and left volunteerly in 2007 as far as I remember. Quite active as an admin, although not as much as Hoodlum and BULLDOGNK. Country is Serbia, GMT+2.

Although he quit the admin position and the game, he's still making various art for Discovery, including logos, banners and such. The new Reunion splash screens for 4.85 that so many of you have enjoyed were also his creation.
Wow.

How come I never heard of disco back then when I was searching for freelancer mods...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13