Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Swag Pack v1.0 - Graphical & Audio Enhancements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
I noticed quite a few repeated planetary models / skins while running around in SP a while ago. Might I suggest pulling some of the planet textures from other games or something.. you know, like a certain Elite game full of dangerous players? (wasntme) Other than that, I love this mod and wish more would come out for it... I'm not sure, but I think most of the mod systems are still using the mod created star spheres.
There any chance of this thing being updated?, i enjoyed running it a year ago and it made things look considerably more modern and nicer. It'd be great if someone who had the time could implement some changes, such as new planets and stuff. Even though the current ones (Manhattan and Erie for example) look fantastic. Few more variations would be nice though..
I recently got this and honestly, I'm disappointed.

Apart from the beautiful Manhattan (and few other) planet textures and the interface, everything else looks average. There exists far better looking starspheres packs, and planet/base/ship textures.

Now, I don't mean to hit on @Bo! for trying to make Freelancer more HD, I want that to be clear. The thing is, adding better textures to Freelancer might be difficult for new players. And this all-in-one pack is great for that. I've seen people who want to make Freelancer more HD looking, but had troubles finding and installing other packs. So kudos for that.

Example of HD starspheres and planet textures
(04-15-2015, 03:43 PM)DragonRider Wrote: [ -> ]I recently got this and honestly, I'm disappointed.

Apart from the beautiful Manhattan (and few other) planet textures and the interface, everything else looks average. There exists far better looking starspheres packs, and planet/base/ship textures.

Now, I don't mean to hit on @Bo! for trying to make Freelancer more HD, I want that to be clear. The thing is, adding better textures to Freelancer might be difficult for new players. And this all-in-one pack is great for that. I've seen people who want to make Freelancer more HD looking, but had troubles finding and installing other packs. So kudos for that.

I'm assuming you didn't bother enabling any effects in enbseries.ini? Well you should do so.
(04-15-2015, 08:52 PM)Bloxin Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-15-2015, 03:43 PM)DragonRider Wrote: [ -> ]I recently got this and honestly, I'm disappointed.

I'm assuming you didn't bother enabling any effects in enbseries.ini? Well you should do so.
Which ones do you enable that make a difference? I've tried messing around with things but I get nothing interesting/different compared to what I have now.
Yeah. Been toying about with those settings myself. Enabling all sorts and nothing has actually changed. Anyone shed some light on this?
[EFFECT]
EnableBloom=1
EnableOcclusion=1
EnableReflection=1
EnableMotionBlur=1
EnableWater=1
EnableShadow=1
DepthBias=1
EnableDepthOfField=1
EnableReflectiveBump=1

I've enabled all but I've yet to play with the settings of the said effects. And in my case at least, it does make a difference.

Some examples:
Link; Link; Link; Link; Link;

And 99 looks gorgeous:
Link; Link; Link; Link; Link; Link;

I'm using custom starspheres + swagpack.
Idk why it shouldn't work for you, maybe you've missed copying binaries from the pack to the exe folder?
In that case, might just check my settings are the same and see what i get from it based on what you've written there.

Edit; Yeah that did something. Guess i was looking at the wrong end of the settings list.
It's good but too much dark working will new freelancer
Does this work on the latest version?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32