Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Someone told me about Karlotta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. Can anyone tell me what the thing is about Kalotta? Admins having fun seeking him/her and he/she has fun to make mess.
So what is this all about?

greetings Duke

Titled updated for appropriateness. -jammi
A butthurt 12 yearold.
Not joking there.
He's the Duke of Trolls, his bridge is the Discogc Website. Long ago he taxed us constantly until the mighty moderators tore him a new one. Now he sporadically terrorises us, by changing forum name, until our shining knights once again vanquish him unto dust.

Is that about right?
thx for answer. now i got a glue what this all is about.a shame admins got to waste their time for that stuff.
(02-19-2013, 09:11 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]A butthurt 12 yearold.
Not joking there.
He doesn't sound like that.
He sounds like an educated guy who knows what he's talking about.
He obviously knows game,rp,forum stuff and so on...
More important-everything he said is usually true.
I was wondering myself where's that bias towards him coming from.
I got the impression there was more to his ban than his constant smack talking. Plenty of people do that.
in short:

karlotta was a player who was very vocal about many many concerns about disco.

some of them were very reasonable - others were less reasonable. in the cause of his stay - he made many enemies by having an opinion about almost every topic. - often not too badly, but sometimes random.

he was permabanned for trolling i think. - but permaban doesn t mean permanent ( as in literally ) - as he is not the only one who was permabanned and came back - quite some of permabanned ppl were welcomed back later.

i believe he was perceived as condescending and over critical - traits that others here are labeled with, too.

while he made some enemies, he seemed to kind of enjoy the role of victim.

sometimes players call him out - or call other players "karlotta" when they write critical stuff. its meant as an insult to make them look cooler. its the same stuff when players write "zonerzonerzoner"

i m not sure too many ppl can remember the real karlotta actually, but the reputation lives on.

all in all - its a rather sad story for the community. - but nothing special - one person gets singled out and trolled ( doesn t matter if it was deserved or not ) - people join the bandwaggon to bully. until bullying does not feel "wrong" anymore. - in real life it would be serious mobbing.

edit: one has to say that whichever account the original karlotta occupies now ( if he really still is around ) - he has not made too many visible attempts to mend the bad reputation.
I gotta say, I really like Karlotta - even the rage. He/she swims against the stream without fear of getting judged by the masses, and that's a positive trait to me.

I don't know the backstory, been curious about it too. Someone said hacking, don't know if it is true. I do think admins have shot themselves in the foot a bit by having a bit of a laugh through that Karlotta alts ban list - it makes people like me, who aren't privy to information, somewhat suspicious of the whole thing. When the bans were done silently I had no clue about Karlotta, but on the other side transparency in the administration is a good and much needed thing too.

P.S. Typing from iPhone so some text is probably messed up or autocorrected to my non-English native language.
(02-19-2013, 10:21 PM)Wizard. Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-19-2013, 09:11 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]A butthurt 12 yearold.
Not joking there.
He doesn't sound like that.
He sounds like an educated guy who knows what he's talking about.
He obviously knows game,rp,forum stuff and so on...
More important-everything he said is usually true.
I was wondering myself where's that bias towards him coming from.

I can't tell if you're being serious or troll...
(02-19-2013, 11:50 PM)Anaximander Wrote: [ -> ]I gotta say, I really like Karlotta - even the rage. He/she swims against the stream without fear of getting judged by the masses, and that's a positive trait to me.

I don't know the backstory, been curious about it too. Someone said hacking, don't know if it is true. I do think admins have shot themselves in the foot a bit by having a bit of a laugh through that Karlotta alts ban list - it makes people like me, who aren't privy to information, somewhat suspicious of the whole thing. When the bans were done silently I had no clue about Karlotta, but on the other side transparency in the administration is a good and much needed thing too.

P.S. Typing from iPhone so some text is probably messed up or autocorrected to my non-English native language.

Can't tell if you're trollin either.... o.o