Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A short survey - How did you find Discovery?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
I was told during a nostalgia favorite game conversation on swtor and one of the players mentioned the discovery mod.
I was introduced to Vanilla Freelancer and the Discovery Mod by a friend back in 2011. Been enjoying it ever since.
Googled for three months Smile
I was looking through the Freelancer servers and the Discovery RP was the most active one so I decided to go for it.
My brothers found a the mod ages ago, but neither of them had much interest in it.

Over time, I popped back in and out but I never really started playing for anything more than a few days at the start of 2013
I own a CD of Freelancer, and the jewel case was sitting on my desk for god-knows how long.

One day, I cleaned out my desk and found the jewel case. I said, "wait a sec, I used to love this game!" I remember playing Disco for a little bit back in October of 2011, so I jumped online and did a little bit of searching. I found you guys, saw that it was still thriving and here I am.
(04-25-2013, 07:40 PM)Jinx Wrote: [ -> ]funny thing - true story

by searching youTube for "freelancer capital ships"

this
Gees!! Forgot I was even a member here!!
I bought the disc years ago. Wanted something for my Notebook. Away from PC with Flight Sims (Falcon 4AF, TAW2.0, Flaming Cliffs, etc). Something without joysticks, throttles, TrackIR, etc. FL just perfect. The graphics, the game-play, the detail, the involvement. It just sucked you in ........ Then Googled for addons and found 4.87. How good was this! Thanks boys, just sensational.
I agree, the game can be very addictive
I played german origin freelancer server. But there were english only. And when cheaters came there became not interesting so i looked for server with many people online. Foind discovery on list and tryed it. Ossum
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20