Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A short survey - How did you find Discovery?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
A while ago there was an article in Igromania - a Russian gaming magazine - about large-scale mods. Discovery Freelancer was one of them. I think that this is how I stumbled upon Freelancer in the first place.
After a playthrough or two and a few years I decided to spice things up and voila. I'm here.
I was browsing for videos on some Freespace 2 mods on Youtube and managed to come across one of Spazzy's videos in a recommended section. I checked out his channel, poured over a lot of the Disco content there, saw something to the effect of "24/7 roleplay", and I was sold.
I have always been aware if it since I started playing 10 years ago. I never played Discovery much back then but through attrition over the years it is the most (and pretty much only) well populated server still left.
So I didn't intend to play Discovery but glad I found it, I first was going some house clearance and sorting out a few things when I came across an old CD wallet with FL inside, so thought I would give it a play through again. After having problems launching and doing more googling I stumbled upon Discovery, and really glad I did.
Found it randomly when looking for the old Asgard mod
Played this around 2010 I think ?(I just remember it being a while ago, and I had a Waspusu) Anyway, some monetary setbacks have affected my gaming habits, and I remember how much fun I used to have with this game. So here I am again!
(09-18-2018, 09:16 AM)Eddie_Tango Wrote: [ -> ]Played this around 2010 I think ?(I just remember it being a while ago, and I had a Waspusu) Anyway, some monetary setbacks have affected my gaming habits, and I remember how much fun I used to have with this game. So here I am again!

Yeah mate. Me too. Never played any of the online mods or multiplayer, but i played the campaign and explored heaps. It was so much fun. So much time well [wasted] spent
I found it on youtube.
After the Microsoft servers when offline i searched for a way on google and it sent me to ModDB site with the Discovery mod 3.7 i think it was then. Have played with this mod ever since then. Just sad to say i had a few years break once the mod hit V4.7 i believe it was. Now I'm back i cant wait to get back into it again. Though I didn't play on this specific server as much as there was heaps of other ones at the time as well, wish i joined this on sooner. Slappy out.
I played it growing up around 2001-2004 only campaign and vanilla after it was over. Recently watched the enter game in movie format and youtube and was interested in looking it up again found it thru a few youtube videos and doing some google searching seemed to be the most active and fun with the biggest scope of options.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20