Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Development Notice: Mining Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
I want the people who made this update to be banned from making any changes to the mining system, and replaced with Jammi and Karst.
(01-04-2016, 01:51 PM)Shinju Wrote: [ -> ]You know, sometimes you didn't even need miner. You just flew to PoB, bought ore and flew away with profit around 35M.

While other factions like Synth Foods, Cryer, Republican(I don't mean Official one), Bowex had nothing to do because their trade routes weren't profitable at all.

So mining factions lost good load of money, but other factions are buffed.

Btw, I haven't seen trader without Ore for weeks.

Edit: Before you go and blame me, I didn't say I agree with those changes. Just brought pros and cons.

Yes and almost everyone can take ore to sell from POB so no so much unbalance and if you kill some factions to buff some other ones I think this is a problem
(01-04-2016, 01:54 PM)Mephistoles Wrote: [ -> ]I want the people who made this update to be banned from making any changes to the mining system, and replaced with Jammi and Karst.

Meph always straight to the point
Hello,

Please don't take my coming words in any sensitive way. I just want to express my opinion about these changes.
The Nerfing of the mining materials prices is like a lethal stab in the back of the entire discovery economy. While i see the point of and other developers but i think that these prices will make many players sell their mining ships, change their role play and no longer use mining in game. The large mining factions in the game will get very negatively affected, and i think that some might take it to the extreme and leave, while some will not take it to extreme and will just ignore mining from now on, which is both cases affecting the server in a very negative way. I hope you will reconsider this changes and .

Regards,
Malmsteen
(01-04-2016, 02:13 PM)Wesker Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2016, 01:54 PM)Mephistoles Wrote: [ -> ]I want the people who made this update to be banned from making any changes to the mining system, and replaced with Jammi and Karst.

Meph always straight to the point

+1
The worst thing about these changes is you have focused on the trader and not on the miner. How much will the miner be asking for now? Because of the high prices for ore it was easier to split cash between trader and miner so they both get nice pay.
But I suppose 2000 isn't too bad out of 6000?

but really... Will this really kill off everyone? Not too sure about that.

Edit: it turns mining into far less profitable for 2 people, discouraging teamwork.
(01-04-2016, 01:51 PM)Shinju Wrote: [ -> ]Cryer
Not true actually.

Cryer has a deal with the IMG which created a profitable route of Stabiline>Niobium Ore>Pharmaceuticals (Taus>Liberty>Sigmas). With the new changes to Niobium and the fact that it doesn't sell in Liberty now that route has been killed. I hope that those changes can be reverted and replaced with the much more reasonable proposition that was given in by Karst that nobody from the mining devs bothered to acknowledge instead implementing something that it seems only Vipex agrees with. And the outrage that's going currently in pmuch all the chats and in the forums only proves that.
What was the reason to remove all these sellpoints?
Well, I welcome all changes, except for price.
If mining commodities won't be ridiculously overpriced compared to anything else, including contraband, people would simply switch to other money-making activities, which can be done solo.
Bring back 10k at sellpoints, keep single routes, cargo piracy and single mining locations. Activity guaranteed.
yes in addition to nOmnomnOm traders pay 5mil for the full load of ores. then sell it to the farthest system with pirates waiting on the road for only 20mil profit (deducted by the miners payment)?

also deducted by the pirate 10mil when you across one. then 10mil+ overall for 4-5 system jumps?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20