Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bomber Balance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
(01-29-2020, 10:02 AM)Shiki Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-29-2020, 08:08 AM)Lucas Wrote: [ -> ]TL;DR of this Post

"We never complained about Bombers being Bad to Caps but after we nerfed their ability to kill snubs they magically Lack dps and are a dead class"

Yeah you can remove one wire from the car and it will stop working. You may keep arrogantly ignore what people who actually used to fly bombers say and talk about more abstract things. It won't stop people from either leaving class or game. As arguments if the anti snac side are deeply hypocritic and hardly convincing.

People that used to fly bombers to fight fighters may say what you are saying, people that have been using bombers against caps like they are supposed to aren't complaining. They are still playing the game and the class to fulfill the role that they are supposed to fulfill; killing caps.

And just as you claim that the "Anti-SNAC" side has no valid arguments, I feel like the Pro-SNAC side has no valid arguments either. This is a purely subjective thing and boils down to "Should bombers be able to fight back against fighters?" and people have vastly different opinions on that.
I'm not pro snac, since I gave out the bombers. I'm fine with collecting easy and effortless bomber blues. I'm totally by your side.
Honestly, give fighters aux slots back and make MR oneshot bombers, and then give bombers the ability to snac fighters back.
That way both sides are happy
(01-29-2020, 11:58 AM)Lucas Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, give fighters aux slots back and make MR oneshot bombers, and then give bombers the ability to snac fighters back.
That way both sides are happy

No, I want free blues.
Your profile picture perfectly describes your mood rn
(01-29-2020, 03:33 AM)Ramke Wrote: [ -> ]I've said this before, asked for changes, and was dismissed as a seal-clubber by people who admitted they did not fly bombers at all when I proposed to revert the SNAC change to have some sort of fighting chance, much like literally every other bomber main did.

Currently, bombers do well against capitals that aren't geared for anti-snub, but as soon as a fighter comes in, you're boned. Really boned.

A) hard to hit energy cannons that you'll struggle to hit, let alone deshield anyone decent with
B) EMP cannons - what are you gonna do, drain their powercore?
C) Scatters that you will simply never be able to use as anyone decent will just stay out of range and abuse your lack of mobility
D) Chainguns with stupidly expensive and limited ammo - this is probably the only decent option available

If you're not a seal clubber, why don't you support speeding up energy cannon velocity so small targets become easier to hit, which is the option that should also make bombers more attractive for noobs? Why do you ask to restore SNAC, which is the option that bones noobs and affects survival of vets much less?

(01-29-2020, 03:52 AM)Shiki Wrote: [ -> ]Buffing bomber main guns to the level where they are actually useful is OP and will get reverted, undebuffing them won't change anything. It's a dead end.

Also yes, make bombers more attractive to noobs so I have more seals to club.
I like how karlotta’s proposition fixes everything and makes bombers more useful v fighters than they already are (to a good extent too) but snac players are still insistent on bringing up bombers by re-amping the snac :joy:

It’s beyond blatant you just want a free insta-kill tool, you dont care about revamping bombers you just want that toy back. Lol
(01-29-2020, 02:26 PM)Wesker Wrote: [ -> ]I like how karlotta’s proposition fixes everything and makes bombers more useful v fighters than they already are (to a good extent too) but snac players are still insistent on bringing up bombers by re-amping the snac :joy:

It’s beyond blatant you just want a free insta-kill tool, you dont care about revamping bombers you just want that toy back. Lol

Thank you Wesker. Very cool.
(01-29-2020, 01:42 PM)Shiki Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-29-2020, 03:52 AM)Shiki Wrote: [ -> ]Buffing bomber main guns to the level where they are actually useful is OP and will get reverted, undebuffing them won't change anything. It's a dead end.

Also yes, make bombers more attractive to noobs so I have more seals to club.

What you said about energy cannons is true for snac and not energy cannons, because snac is either instakill or not useful against fighters, and energy cannons can be balanced with various degrees (speed, dps, efficiency) that wont make them instakill yes/no.

Your last sentence reminds me that yes, snac also shouldnt be able to instakill other bombers or shfs.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17