Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bomber Balance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Karlotta, Black Smoke said that current Meta implies that one battleship should have an ability to efficiently fight back against two bombers. Forget fighters lol.
(01-22-2020, 02:35 PM)Karlotta Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-22-2020, 02:23 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-22-2020, 01:38 PM)Karlotta Wrote: [ -> ]Also, "it wont have a large positive impact" isn't a counter-argument if there are no negative impacts to counter-weigh the positive impacts, even if small.

The negative argument is that it greatly buffs fighters against battleships, which are already too vulnerable to most other ship classes.

I wouldnt call it "greatly" because fighter guns barely manage to scratch the hull of a battleship even when they do hit.

Buffing fighters against battleships seems like a good thing, considering how complains about battleship spam are everywhere and complaints about fighter spam nowhere to be seen.

We totally forgot what's this thread made for. "bomber balance" not "fighter balance". If you change fighters efficiency against caps, you're downgrading bombers even harder.
(01-22-2020, 02:38 PM)Shiki Wrote: [ -> ]Karlotta, Black Smoke said that current Meta implies that one battleship should have an ability to efficiently fight back against two bombers. Forget fighters lol.

Whether they win or not isnt the only issue. It's also a matter of how fast they manage to win, as in... enough time to call backup or move to another location, or to still enjoy and meaningfully contribute to a group fight even if you die.

(01-22-2020, 02:40 PM)-Rax- Wrote: [ -> ]We totally forgot what's this thread made for. "bomber balance" not "fighter balance". If you change fighters efficiency against caps, you're downgrading bombers even harder.

The thread is about bomber balance, and how they compare to fighters is part of that.

Giving both bombers and fighters more versatility will reduce the frustrations resulting of rock-scissor-paper balancing, and will also compensate the buffs to either class to keep both attractive.
What would be the point then in logging bombers anyway since a fighter can:

1.Do the job against capital ships (swarmed)
2.Protect me against other fighers
3.Grant me of agility against GB's and literally anything
(01-22-2020, 02:53 PM)-Rax- Wrote: [ -> ]What would be the point then in logging bombers anyway since a fighter can:

1.Do the job against capital ships (swarmed)
2.Protect me against other fighers
3.Grant me of agility against GB's and literally anything

1. You can do it faster and with fewer wingmen
2. None, just like you would have no advantage when choosing a fighter over a bomber when flying purely against caps or transports. You would, however, be better off in the suggested balancing than with the current one.
3. You would compromise agility in favor of damage output

How well you would do in either ship class still depends on the situation and on ship class, but less so.
But you can't assume to fly a heavier class (bomber instead of very heavy fighter) just because it gives more firepower and everything else is actually way worse. But then again we're back to the trading topic of why are bombers useful in this game as a sacrifice class, I just don't understand how buffing fighters guns would help to encourage people to fly bombers more.
(01-22-2020, 03:04 PM)-Rax- Wrote: [ -> ]But you can't assume to fly a heavier class (bomber instead of very heavy fighter) just because it gives more firepower and everything else is actually way worse.

You could say the same about light fighters and look how popular they are.

(01-22-2020, 03:04 PM)-Rax- Wrote: [ -> ]But then again we're back to the trading topic of why are bombers useful in this game as a sacrifice class, I just don't understand how buffing fighters guns would help to encourage people to fly bombers more.

This isn't only about encouraging people to fly bombers more, its about balancing them with other ship classes, especially fighters.
(01-22-2020, 03:08 PM)Karlotta Wrote: [ -> ]You could say the same about light fighters and look how popular they are.

I don't recall them as a popular class or whatever, to be honest Big Grin
Plus, given the agility they're escaping easier from VHF's

...Imagine a new player flying LF's or HF's and being instakilled by a frontal nuke.
this is balance
Ye but Karlotta, even when fighting 2 bombers battleship player may take like 2-3 minute break in the middle of a fight without really dying so.
(01-22-2020, 03:14 PM)-Rax- Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-22-2020, 03:08 PM)Karlotta Wrote: [ -> ]You could say the same about light fighters and look how popular they are.

I don't recall them as a popular class or whatever, to be honest Big Grin
Plus, given the agility they're escaping easier from VHF's

...Imagine a new player flying LF's or HF's and being instakilled by a frontal nuke.
this is balance

I sarcastically pointed to LFs to show that what you say was not a universal truth, but subject to nuance and degree.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17