Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bomber Balance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
I agree to anything but point 3. where the fighter torp dmg should be risen, even though I find them useless as how they are right now, they can need a buff, but not in an equal discussion of Bomber Torps.

There should still be the role of a Bomber and Fighter, making each class seperate each other from their abilities. But overall, your proposals seem like a very small rework than what I initially expected but sometimes small changes actually show some great results. so +1
#BringBackSNAC
#DeleteBalancePlugin
Bombers were fine prior to the removal of SNAC. Combat balance revolving around a high-risk, high-reward weapon worked perfectly well. No attempt at "fixing" what wasn't a problem to begin with will ever address that.

If you make normal bomber weapons really effective, they will just be Super Heavy Fighters with worse shields.
the snac was never a high risk high reward weapon because bombers had/still have 9999999999999 health and were able to constantly tank an absolutely absurd amount of damage while constantly missing snacs

then they hit a lucky snac 10 minutes later and won the fight

what a good weapon right very skill based thats totally not trial and error

the funny part is at this point reintroducing the old SNAC into the sandbox would probably end up being a good thing as easy wins are what discovery people love the most
If you are dumb enough to joust a bomber and get hit by SNAC then you totally deserve it. I like how all the peeps that are saying SNAC was a luck based weapon never flew a bomber.
What we could use is a new area damage weapon, like a super heavy torpedo, something like a mini NEMP. Basically a Nova but way more powerful with a much wider damage radius. This way it would make sense/make it worth it to fly a current bomber despite the presence of VHFs. The expected toss up would be an expected ammo cap of 6-10 torps. This way bombers that fly for anti cap purposes would have a better weapon at range and it not matter so much about CM's or flaks, and at the sam time you only get a handful of vollies with a torp that heavy.
(02-01-2020, 01:32 AM)Nepotu Wrote: [ -> ]If you are dumb enough to joust a bomber and get hit by SNAC then you totally deserve it. I like how all the peeps that are saying SNAC was a luck based weapon never flew a bomber.

shooting an enemy that is running away from you is some of the least fun you can do as a snub

are you telling me that if i saw a red enemy bomber that instead of shooting(interacting) with it it, i should avoid it or run away from it

do you realize how moronic and ass-backwards that is

what you said right there basically means that the snac was a weapon to be avoided because that ruined interactions

lmao
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17