Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bomber Balance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Caps were a mistake /s
Bump.
I'll look into this & writeup a detailed response today. Increasing the range on the guns won't do anything to help fighters and will be a straight up buff to their anticap capabilities, which bombers really don't need.

Speed buff to EMPs/energy cannons & MR buff against caps is something I'm definitely interested in. Aux slots are a big discussion with a lot of hate around them, not wholly opposed, but the pros and cons need to be weighed carefully.

Chainguns need something done with them.
(01-22-2020, 01:21 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]I'll look into this & writeup a detailed response today. Increasing the range on the guns won't do anything to help fighters and will be a straight up buff to their anticap capabilities, which bombers really don't need.

Raising the the gun range for fighters is intended to do exactly that: raise their usefulness against caps and transports, not bombers. Bombers don't need that, but fighters do, especially if bombers have their usefulness against fighters raised, and also compared to GBs and cruisers. It's a remedy to both rock-scissor-paper balancing and cap spam (also thinking of the current piracy rule debate) (and potentially bomber spam if a rebalance makes them "too popular")
My mistake, just woke up and had read that as a range buff to bomber guns.

In the case of fighters it's going to raise their effectiveness versus battleships and possibly battlecruisers and have no impact against gunboats and cruisers which can evade at that range. Incidentally, those are also the two classes that fighters have the most problems with, I don't really think that's a solution.
(01-22-2020, 01:32 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]My mistake, just woke up and had read that as a range buff to bomber guns.

In the case of fighters it's going to raise their effectiveness versus battleships and possibly battlecruisers and have no impact against gunboats and cruisers which can evade at that range. Incidentally, those are also the two classes that fighters have the most problems with, I don't really think that's a solution.

If the cruisers and gbs dodge in the right direction, yes, which wont always be the case especially in group fights.

The biggest impact will be on transports, giving fighters better pirating capabilities again.

Also, "it wont have a large positive impact" isn't a counter-argument if there are no negative impacts to counter-weigh the positive impacts, even if small.
(01-17-2020, 12:02 AM)Baphomet Wrote: [ -> ]I totally agree with Karlotta, here is a suggestion

- EMP and Render velocity from 500 to 550
- SNAC velocity from 280 m/s, to 290 m/s, same as ASURAS speed

give it a go and see what happens

my experience flying the bombers told my the better balance do this :

- EMP and Render velocity 400 m/s, range 900 m
- SNAC velocity from to 350 m/s range 3 000 m
(01-22-2020, 01:38 PM)Karlotta Wrote: [ -> ]Also, "it wont have a large positive impact" isn't a counter-argument if there are no negative impacts to counter-weigh the positive impacts, even if small.

The negative argument is that it greatly buffs fighters against battleships, which are already too vulnerable to most other ship classes.
People should just accept the fact that bombers will stay helpless against fighters. Because giving them any reliable high refire weaponry that would be efficient against fighters is OP and snacs are not coming back. So class is generally dull, because you gonna fight caps only with it. And caps are better to be fought with caps. And don't claim that bomber swarm is more effecient than cruiser swarm.
(01-22-2020, 02:23 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-22-2020, 01:38 PM)Karlotta Wrote: [ -> ]Also, "it wont have a large positive impact" isn't a counter-argument if there are no negative impacts to counter-weigh the positive impacts, even if small.

The negative argument is that it greatly buffs fighters against battleships, which are already too vulnerable to most other ship classes.

I wouldnt call it "greatly" because fighter guns barely manage to scratch the hull of a battleship even when they do hit.

Buffing fighters against battleships seems like a good thing, considering how complains about battleship spam are everywhere and complaints about fighter spam nowhere to be seen.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17